State of tradeskills in the game

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Myca775 Journeyman

The only complaint I had about not being able to tinker is that it was available to only those disgusting little creatures called Gnomes and for years I had refused to make a tinker toon just cause of that, but I finally broke down and made one along with a shaman just so I can make my own PS and not have to rely on other players for help.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This

TS has gone totally over the top now, only way to gain new PS, best slot 5 aug, slot 18/19 augs.

I still prefer the RoS way of making TS gear and it being used as catch up and not as BiS. This comes from someone who has done tradeskills since I started in 2001.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Made a gnome enchanter for my tinkerer just so I didn't have to see her as a gnome. :)
  4. Nylrem Augur

Hate doing tradeskills...

Don't mind if tradeskills keep going in the direction they are, IF...

Everything tradeskilled is tradable. Everything.

Let me farm mobs, kill named, sell loot...

And pay whatever price is needed, for tradeskilled items.

Someone willing to TS, should be paid for their time, patience, and incredible steadfast resolve to do mindlessly boring stuff.

A person does not have to be present to loot an item from a named I kill. If they can get there within 30 minutes or more (very easy, by fellowship), then they can loot whatever. They are not required to have done 20% of the overall DPS or healing vs that mob.

I should be able to buy WHATEVER needed, for any tradeskill requirement, for any quest, mission, item, reward.

No requirement for any gear should require 300 or more skill required in any tradeskill, IMO.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

I did read everything. Here are the changes I think that need to happen...

T1 and T2 group and T1 raid require the purchasing of components, while T3 group and T2 raid require crafting. I think these 5 tiers should be consolidated to 3 and they should all be craftable. For players with tradeskills you can craft the container you purchase from the vendor with drops from zone trash, while players without tradeskills can purchase these containers from vendors or from other players. This both rewards tradeskills (no platinum for making armor) and stimulates the economy (you can buy from a player rather than a vendor).

The Earring quests need to be made more accessible by removing the tradeskills. Simply get the earring and spend all the same time leveling it. HOWEVER, the augs that go into the earring need to be tradeskill only. So the evolving item ends up just a little better than group armor, and with tradeskills it ends up best in class. That way lower playtimes / no TS players can still participate in the quests.

The TS nature of the earring is the same conflict as in TBL. The best items have to be farmed AND ach AND xp. Just pick 2 for the base item, farm and XP, and make it so the item is only BIS with ACH (TBL) or TS (ROS and TOV).

The PS should drop from named, very rarely, as they did in RoS, but the items used to craft the PS drop rarely from trash, so they are obtainable without tradeskills, but create a tradeskill market.

The same thing for Rk2 spells. A TS base item drop at the same rate as to be expected from named, or more rare.

Etc and so forth. TS as alternate routes, not the only route. Ceastra's earring, the TBL chase items, the ToV earring, so many people will never finish the first steps. Having 2 parallel quests, one requiring ACH/TS with the other being more accessible creates a better accessibility while keeping the strongest part of the piece locked behind the ACH/skill/quest.