Does the new bonuses apply to TLP?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Volas, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Volas Lorekeeper

- Increased the experience bonus for having other players (not mercenaries) in your group.
    - Increased the amount of AA experience you get in groups of 4 or more and raids of 13 or more.

Does this apply to TLP's as well?? Cause if so, THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH for encouraging GROUPING again!!
    Kluien likes this.
  2. Kluien New Member

I was wondering if the Rezz sickness changes apply to TLP as well;

"- Changed the way Resurrection Sickness works. It no longer reduces stats. It will now increase the cast time of detrimental spells by 10% and decrease your attack speed by 10%. Both of these values will stack with other spells rather than preventing haste or spell haste effects."
  3. yober Elder

Yes the exp bonus is all servers.
    Don't think anything has been said about the rez sickness but I don't see any reason it wouldn't be on TLPs too.
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

If people aren't already grouping with you on TLPs, it wasn't because of the xp.
    Protagonist and tofu stir fry like this.
  5. Volas Lorekeeper

Getting groups just fine kid. The problem was/is people 2-3 box their own little groups by themselves. Now they'll have incentive to actually add some more players to their little box groups to maximize Xp gains.

It was a happy good news post. Thanks for coming along and being a dong about it.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Wow.
  7. Chewbakhan New Member

Good response though, lol.. bruh you know there's always that one guy who has to be negative
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Ok Boomer. I'll refute your point by the following link, showing that any 2-3 boxer would have already benefited by adding people, because that is the way it's worked in EQ for 17 years.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/group-exp-clarification.232937/

Now, since a full group got 80% bonus already, I assume they upped it to 100 with this patch. That extra 20% may just convince them.

Looking forward to some parsing.
  9. Xenze Elder

There are just some people that ruin the gaming experience regardless of how much increased exp they can bring in to your group. They are usually shunned server-wide (live at least, can't speak on TLPs).

I love my guild, but there are even a few guildies that i'll go out of my way to avoid grouping with for such reasons. Sure they could out-dps my merc, and thus increase my kill rate and overall experience gained for the session....but such negativity everywhere they go that I'd rather take the slower more peaceful route.
  10. Numiko Augur

it's going to encourage 4 boxing!:) ..*looks at sig* :oops: .. oh yea! :D
    Xenze likes this.
  11. Sythrak20 Elder

Another dude that thinks he’s entitled to make other people group with him.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Personally, (and I want to avoid getting a gratuitous label here) I am hoping that two real players and two mercs. will still add up to four. A bit of self-interest there.

Also, I box because of an erratic play schedule and I try to avoid needlessly inconveniencing people with my frequent, forced breaks. All real players would be best, and I do applaud efforts to encourage grouping.
  13. Time Burn Augur

Some people generally want to group, and others generally don't - they mostly box or play solo classes. Adding bonus exp likely will change little to none of this imo. Making a "true" 1 box per person server likely would draw those who want to group into the server, and repel those who don't.
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I like grouping a lot of the time, but I like holding people's hands through stuff that's 10-20 years old none of the times. I don't expect everyone I group with to be experts at everything we do, but when they can't find a zone or read basic task quest text I begin to tilt. Also I meant to test the 6 player group XP pre-patch and Post-patch but I thought the patch was next week so didn't get a chance :(
  15. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Most of that guys posts are negative in nature. He has some serious self esteem issues.
  16. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Funny story, I started making the guides way way way back because I was tired of getting tells all day long asking questions that were spelled out in the quest text. That way I could just say "read the guide".

15 years later I still occasionally have to put up "/afk Go read the guide again"
    Bobbybick likes this.
  17. Prathun Developer

Yes, the group bonuses affect all servers.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  18. Angered Augur

What about the necro dot revamp ?
  19. Prathun Developer

That affects the servers in our most pleasant dreams. ;)
    KimchiGoddess and Hdizzle like this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Group leader: "Hamlord looking for one more DPS."
    Wizard: "Count me in!"
    Group leader: "OK"
    15 minutes pass.
    Group leader: "You coming?"
    Wizard: "How do I get there?"
    Group leader: "Run? You'll need IVU."
    Wizard: "I don't have that." (alternative answer, "What's IVU?")
    Big pull, 5 minutes pass.
    Group leader: "So?"
    Wizard: "Can you come to the ZI and get me?"

Good times.
    Bobbybick and tofu stir fry like this.