New server - Windstalker

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fresh TLP, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Fresh TLP New Member

Server name - Windstalker

Release date mid April

Selos EXP
    Starts in Luclin
    2 Month Unlocks
    LDON 2 weeks after POP
    Standard lockout timers
    Raid targets drop double loot

This should appeal to the more casual gamer, fast exp double the loot and only have to raid 2 maybe 3 nights a week to do everything.

Truebox server, would love a 2 box server but cant see how that can be policed.

Thoughts??
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  2. Mad_Mikey Elder

Also, everyone must maintain 80 hours /played per week to ever raid SolB.
  3. Jaenisch Elder

FV exp...or the fastest exp mod ever seen.
  4. Lurka New Member

Yes yes yes! Sounds so good.
  5. That0neguy Augur

Have to add a rule that says you can't kill naggy or vox unless you are flagged as not casual.
    Numiko and Dre. like this.
  6. Moranis Augur

I'm pretty convinced there are (2) distinct groups of people when it comes to TLPs...
    1. Fast exp / Fast loot / Fast progression - want to experience lots of content, briefly.
    2. Slow exp / Slow loot / Slow progression - want to experience less content, repetitiously.
    Personally, I like the pace of play / actions per minute in the 1-70 game and the nuance of the 70-115 game.
    The focus on the 1-70 game on efficiency is quite unique - unlike most MMOs out there. When you get above 70 (or so) the game starts to turn into a DPS button masher so you can take advantage of out-of-combat regen.
    However, the 1-60 game is quite boring - virtually no abilities, etc. The 60+ game, with AAs and more unique features (more augs / clickies / quest benefits) is way more fun, but it goes overboard with some things and is too button-mash-heavy for my liking.
    If they could marry together the APM of the early game with the nuance of the late game, that would be perfect in my mind.
  7. Xanathol Augur

If we're naming it Windstalker, it must be the following:

Truebox, subscription & hero's forge feature required.
    Expansions unlock every 24 hours.
    Prior expansion hunter achievements must be completed in era to progress, else locked out forever.
    Everything requires a full 72 man raid - big mobs, little mobs, xp mobs, tradeskills, vendoring - everything.
    27,137 custom made PoK clickies available once PoP unlocks.
    All hats ornaments ever made are global random drops.
    Aenvar likes this.
  8. Dre. Altoholic

All content unlocked.
    Level capped at 20 for the first 3 months.
    10 levels per month up to 50.
    5 levels per 3 months afterward.
  9. taliefer Augur

free transfers off the server before every crash
    Dre. likes this.
  10. Maneuvre Augur

of the 2 TLP servers approaching, and this one being the PVE one? Whatever you guys want idc as far as rules go. Just don't advocate for it being called Windstalker especially because there isn't an Aradune server. I'll go back to my PVP TLP threads now, thank you.

[IMG]
  11. Magic Augur

I agree about starting date, perfect will be end of march / middle april, too long wait till summer.

Hope what coming server / servers will be something new, not just another mangler/selo/phinny clone.
    I wait FV-Loot type TLP with AoC even with slow exp and any other rules.
  12. XavierSelos New Member

Windstalker server would be very easy and very affordable.

Announce new server with much hype, enthusiasm, persistence, talk of a bright future.

Cancel Windstalker server very suddenly a month later on a Friday night.
    Doranur_Aleguzzler likes this.
  13. Dulu Augur

14. HoodenShuklak Augur

Having played to level 80 i can assure you eq is almost a different game pre post 65. It doesn't surprise me at all that eq suffered back in the day around this time and it's not just because wow came out. The game is so fundamentally different that I agree there are different subgroups of tlp players.

The lack of ow raid targets, the incessant keying, the lack of largely being able to just loot your gear (often you need faction, multiple pieces, quest lines or some combo) and the raids themselves quite often are really far from classic eq roots.

A lot of this could be fixed with FV rules imo that ultimately benefit the casual player the most progression wise, but even the raiders benefit immediately by being able to take part in the marketplace via selling otherwise worthless gear.
  15. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Oh hell something in the news about a person related to EQ? Better get in there so I can post my novel ideas about what a TLP should be with their name on it!
  16. Symbius Augur

Why would you want to name your server after someone that just abandoned and quit on everyone?
  17. Logisticz New Member

nahh
    current FV xp
    start in classic or kunark
    3 month unlocks
    ldon drop with pop
    half lockout timers
    raids drop double loot
    non truebox
  18. Numiko Augur

you have to have at least 100 Krono to log in..
  19. feigntrain Elder

20. NoWay Augur

PvP lololololololol