Merge All Servers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cloud the Third, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Whulfgar Augur

No..

No i wouldent..

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........
  2. Marton Augur

Bard dots? Nothing to see here :D
  3. Nadisia Augur

How about ... no ? :)
    I love my servers (plural) for different reasons, and I don't want to see them merged.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Your on FV aren't you?

That would be one which wouldn't get merged (unless they do Brekt but that is a server everyone from special event servers is supposted to to go). So your just making a suggestion for servers you don't play on.
    Allayna likes this.
  5. johncritons Journeyman

the merges are comin they already said that just be patient
  6. feeltheburn Augur

how bout no.
    Duder likes this.
  7. eqgamer Augur

Some of y'all need to work on your people skills :p.

But yea. A server merge between a couple would be nice. I hope it happens.
  8. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Did those people also tell you what a run on sentences are?

If you’re almost fully ToV raid geared... And T3 hasn’t been released yet... I feel sorry for your guild. Unless you are on FV, then you can just take a long walk off the South Ro short pier.

Oh and when you quit, can I haz u stuffz!?
  9. HappyHedonist New Member

Please merge all servers into a super mega server and launch it into the sun.
    Thoxsel likes this.
  10. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Now that's what I call sunsetting a game properly!
    -----Cinexa-----, Sancus and Nennius like this.
  11. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I fixed your post for you.
  12. Cloud the Third Augur

So has anyone came up with a reason not to merge all servers into 1 yet? I see alot of people posting crap about me but is there a real reason not to merge all normal live servers into 1? Clearly it would require more powerful servers but if they got rid of 10 servers and made 1 powerful servers that didn't lag with all the players is there a reason why this would be bad?

(Yes I understand the code is old as and may be to old and have to many performance problems to support this many players. But lets just ignore that for now and say is there any reason it would be bad to have all players together)
  13. Mazame Augur

#1 Lag. Raid / group would not matter if you put everyone on the same super server it would still lag there to much info going back and forth if everyone is one one server.

#2 Toon name nightmare. To many toons with the same same on differ server would need to change. this would cause a domino effect require change to guild sites / Dkp sites

#3 To many toons. some people have many toons on many servers so to combine them you could see 50+ toon list.

#4 The economy would crash right now supply and demand of each server plays a part. if you combine them all you will have 90% of the people in current content so drop there would be worth nothing and very few farming old stuff that would cause it price to go sky high with the number of people wanting to buy.

#5 Grind spot nightmare yes they have pick but 60 people to spawn a gd pick for example means very limited camps. if people want to do the dwarf caves you as an example. they would be perma camp so you be waiting on 60 people to spawn a pick. yes you would have picks but they two would be camped. Another example of this was TOFS when the 1st floor key was fix you had it perma camp and not enuff pick for all the people wanting to get the key to progress there. This is how it would be all the time.
    Yinla and Maedhros like this.
  14. code-zero Augur

Just one reason, many people have characters on multiple servers and with one super server merge they will end up with more characters than character slots. That happened to me during the last merge and I punted a number of alts to a different server where I had room just to be able to access my main character. There are other reasons for no super server merge but that's a good start
  15. Cloud the Third Augur

1# Lag isn't an issue I said this would all depend on if the game and servers could support it so saying do this if they could fix that part first so no problem here.

#2/3 Yea naming would be an issue but simple temp fix I don't know if it would ultimately be that big of an issue. Short term problem.

#4 Another thing that isn't really that big a deal. We already server transfer to sell items now with bots so it is an economy it would fix itself over time.

#5 Is this really an issue? The issue currently on my server is I can run around to all the zones and there is maybe 1 group at most per zone doing anything. This is the problem I would like to see alot of servers merged to maybe fix. The only people I see grouping right now on my server is for Hero missions or you see some bot groups farming stuff.

Face it I want to see the #5 problem of all the camps filled and I have to go somewhere else not an issue if I want to play a solo game where I can do whatever I want. When the expansion first came out for like 1-2 months we had this issue where sometimes a camp was filled and I miss that problem, it isn't a bad problem it means the game is in good shape.
  16. Mazame Augur

I not saying anything about solo vs grouping.

I saying their are key camps and those camps will be perma camped. like FFBSS camp back in the day when you would join a group and wait your turn. it took playing 3 days for me to get my turn to come up. As a teen I was able to do it but now a days I would never spend 72 waiting on a camp.

Yes there is pick but the pick number are based on the whole zone being filled not just one camp. so it doesn't fix the issue of _________ camp that is perma camped. having more people on the server would increase the number of camps that are perma camp and cause a number of issue when it comes to trying to progress.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Merge the servers and Cloud will be renamed Cloudxxz. I don't think he will be happy. :p
  18. Maedhros High King

Worst idea in the long sad history of bad ideas.
  19. Allayna Augur

They just did a data migration.

We have 4 raiding guilds on Xegony, they all raid at the same time. The lag is atrocious. Dismiss it if you like, but it's there, it's server side and it causes a completely different raid encounter.

Your suggestion is impulsive, without forethought, short sighted and to gain...what exactly?
    Aanuvane, Celephane, Sancus and 3 others like this.
  20. feeltheburn Augur

[IMG]