Any more news on free Heroic chars during Anniversary?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronk, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Bronk Elder

The following was posted in an announcement:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...letter-anniversary-and-overseer.263537/page-6

"Overseer is accessible starting at level 85 and with its launch we will grant all members a free level 85 heroic character."

A few questions:

1) Does this mean all players or only All Access?
    2) What about Silver accounts?
    3) If we go All Access *after* Overseer launches, will we still get the Heroic character?
    4) Do we have a "firm" date when this will happen?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is what people are discussing.

It say "MEMBERS" which leads most people to feel you need to have a paying account. But there is a group that says somewhere else they saw it was "everyone" -

Silver would be treated the same as a free account since in essence it is free.

I have never seen them grant anything if you go all access "after". You cannot retro.

Should be announced soontm
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Actually, the patch notes say all players:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...3-03-2020-patch-notes-and-discussions.263626/

- All players who log in to EverQuest during our 21st Anniversary Celebration will receive a claimable Heroic Character! This character can only be redeemed once per account.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sometimes test changes - I think this will be one of those times
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It's time to take off the tin foil hat.

During the first free heroics (the ones that only had one use possible), all accounts - all access, silver, free - got heroics (with the weird caveat that you couldn't claim more than one from the same IP...which there was a workaround).

During the second free heroics (the ones just like if you had paid for it), all accounts - all access, silver, free - got heroics.

I'm staring at a free account on another computer … with a level 85 toon and Available Heroic Characters: 1. I have put zero money into this account.

Sometimes the easiest answer … is the answer.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I wear copper wristbands not tin foil hats! :D

And I have crystals hanging on my mount.
    Nennius and Mintalie like this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

In fairness, a handful of the last free item grants (i.e. Visage of Chardok Royalty, Visage of the Slain Sarnak, Metamorph Wand: Merikaglider) were based on All Access status. (I may be wrong about 1 of the illusions). Additionally, you needed to redeem Krono for the Angler Fish Façade. They have the code to put restrictions.

The earlier eqstr data used the word "members." I am hopeful, however, that all accounts will be granted the free Heroic Characters.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Heroics are account based, not server based.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

In my opinion, due to the lack of large missions or raid(s) for this anniversary, I think it is in Darkpaw's best interest to grant Heroic Characters to all accounts. It would keep some people busy leveling through the summer. Level 85 HCs will be obsolete next year if Ngreth follows through with a higher level HC update.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Mintalie like this.
  10. Zamiam Augur

The Dev's could at least clarify this .. cause if it is All Access .. im gonna hold off on subbing till I know for sure what it is , if they wont clarify and wait till overseer goes live and then its like only All access members get it and now its too late for me to get the heroic cause I didnt sub earlier .. just tell us .. how hard is it for a dev to come on and tell us either way ..
    It's not a huge deal either way .. I dont use all the heroics i have anyways accept for PLing toons for lowbie new alts . I think i have 3 or 4 im not using atm just sitting in limbo ..

But communicating is key !! DB
    Mintalie likes this.
  11. svann Augur

I suspect that means 1 time usage. If you delete it you dont get it back.
    Ghanur likes this.
  12. Mintalie Augur

I, too, would like clarity, because I have a silver account or two that I'd happily let gobble up a krono if it's only for gold accounts.

Please, devs, enlighten us!
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

You could also wait until heroic characters start being granted and see. Unless you really, really, really, really, really, Really, need to know RIGHT now.

P.S. The fact that it hasn't been clarified is it itself interesting.
    -----Cinexa----- and Maedhros like this.
  14. Mintalie Augur

To quote my friend Zamiam up there:

I don't really need to know RIGHT NOW. I don't want to miss out if they say, "Oh, tee hee, you had to be gold before the anni date!" You know.

Clarity, people, clarity!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What I am referring to is the fact that test update notes can change before they get to live.

It now says
    "All Access members who log in to Everquest during out 21st Anniversary Celebration (between March 16th and May 10th) will receive a claimable Heroic Character! This character can only be redeemed once per account."
  16. Mintalie Augur

At least now we know.
  17. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

*Can* ... but rarely do.
  18. klanderso Developer

It's members. The patch notes on test (in the actual game itself, not on the forums) have been updated with more information (and will be what's posted when we update tomorrow).
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  19. ShadowMan Augur

Will this be a one shot deal? Or will it function like a purchased heroic character in that you can delete the first created heroic character and change it to another class if you desire.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Do you need membership before the patch or can you purchase/redeem membership after the patch and still receive the free heroic character?