Frenzy Burnout expires when zoning even on suspended pets

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Elemental, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Elemental Augur

This has been a bug for about a year now, and was wanting to get it looked at and investigated as an unintentional fix. I play on Zek where Frenzy Burnout provides a substantial increase in DPS and having it be retained on my pet when zoning (A lot of PVP happens at zonelines) would be beneficial to the success of the class.
  2. Sancus Augur

Songs fading on suspended pets while zoning is intended.
    Kuvani likes this.
  3. Bobokatt07 Journeyman

I appreciate the fact the songs fade upon zoning or logging, but the Mage Frenzied Burnout was always a part of our repertoire when we pocketed pets. The Necro Frenzy of the Dead sticks... why would this one change?
  4. Sancus Augur

Frenzied Burnout has always been flagged as a song:

[52053/2754] Frenzied Burnout XVI
    Classes: MAG/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Pet
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 1s
    Duration: 42s+ (7 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Cast: Virulent Talon V
    2: Increase AC by 240
    4: Increase Melee Haste by 25% (v119)
    6: Increase Pet Chance to Rampage by 25%
    7: Increase STR by 40
    8: Increase Pet Chance to Flurry by 6%
    9: Increase ATK by 700
    10: Increase Chance to Hit by 20%
    11: Increase Hit Damage by 220% (v185)

Nothing changed with that spell. The intentional change was to make songs fade on suspended pets when zoning, which didn't occur for any song until mid-RoS.

A dev confirmed during beta (TBL's I believe) that the change to songs while zoning was intended. A request (not a bug fix) might be to flag the Frenzied Burnout buff as a normal buff rather than as a song, but the impression I got is that any changes are likely to further reduce the ability of classes to preserve burns through zone lines. In other words, pushing for this is more likely to result in more burns becoming flagged as songs rather than less.
    Kuvani likes this.
  5. Elemental Augur

I would like to know where you got this information from considering both Zam and Lucy do not mention that this is a "song". Either way it is still a bug. If something has been working as intended for 18+ years, to change up that game mechanic would not make sense. If the necro's Frenzy of the Dead works while zoning, then so should the Frenzy Burnout, considering that spell as modeled after the Frenzy Burnout buff.
    Thanks for the free bumps Sancus.

https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52053&source=Live
  6. Sancus Augur

[IMG]

(Also, as an aside, Zam and Lucy are the same spell parser, and are less accurate than raidloot and EQResource).
    Kuvani and yepmetoo like this.
  7. Elemental Augur

Thanks for agreeing with me that this is a bug and needs to be corrected. It is not working as intended, seeing as necros and beastlords can zone with their burns rolling on their pets. Should be a very easy fix, and if their classes aren't working as intended, then we need to all be on the same playing field. Magician's are centered around their pet class, yet we are the only pet class that can not retain our main pet buff when zoning.
  8. Piemastaj Augur

It's not a bug...

Sancus even explained where it is not a bug, it was a change to songs that adjusted how FBO works. Whether or not you agree with the change is a different story, however disagreeing with something does not make it any more or less a bug.
    Duder and Sancus like this.
  9. Elemental Augur

Its a bug if it is not working as intended. Either way, none of you are dev's so its not up to you to decide if its a bug or not. I appreciate your opinions, but they are not wanted.
  10. Piemastaj Augur

Considering I was the one who spoke to the 'dev' to get clarification you should want the information. It was again confirmed not a bug, and an intentional change to that particular line of buffs. You can be upset all you want, but posting in an open discussion forum further proves you want opinions otherwise you would have just directly sent a PM to a developer.

Who are you to decide if it is working correctly or not? I do not believe you are a developer either....
    Duder likes this.
  11. Elemental Augur

And you are not a developer either so this applies directly to you as well. If it is not a bug then why are the necro line of spells working "as intended" by going into the buff window and not the song window. Something you can not explain.
  12. Piemastaj Augur

Go up 6 posts to where Sancus showed you that FBO Has 'Short Buff Box: Yes', then go look at Frenzy of the Dead where it has 'Short Buff Box: No' on Lucy. That is the explanation you need and was easily found.

Now the reasoning behind it I have no clue. I am going to assume since we had the buff first that the devs did not know FBO was a short term buff so they were unaware that it would fade on zoning. I do know what a developer told me, and it was exactly what Sancus posted in this thread. Not worth the argument, and realistically b/t VT and FBO you would rather FBO fade on zone than VT..

This change has been in game for more than a year now, did you just come back? Because people who actively play the game have known about this for a long time and seems to be a non-issue. It is 100% an inconvenience and an unfortunate consequence of changes being made for the game. It is also not a bug.
  13. Elemental Augur

So it is a bug because it is going into the song window and not the buff window, like its counterpart, Frenzy of the Dead. Thanks for all the information you have added to this post that confirms my initial post. Just because you give up easily, doesn't mean that I do.
  14. Piemastaj Augur

That would be the thing you want changed. This is where you are providing a solution to your problem. However, where the buff goes (song window or actual buff window) is a design decision not a bug. That has not changed since the buff has been in game.

It would be entirely more beneficial if you asked the devs to change the buff slot of FBO so it does not appear as a song but as an actual buff for the pet. Probably wasting your time, but it would go much further than this thread has gone in your crusade for equal buff rights on pets.
  15. Elemental Augur

Thank you, but it is not your decision to determine what is a waste of my time or not. I appreciate your concern though. Not really sure why you are so determined to try and post against this bug fix....Sounds like you have some type of alternate motive. I am glad that you are so close to Daybreak games that you know the design decisions for every intended buff in game. With players like you, I don't think we even need devs.
  16. blood & gufts Augur

You wrong, this was changed intentionelly long time ago.