Ok Darkpaw, explaing your logic on this one

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galliana, Mar 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nolrog Augur

He posted them yesterday. They don't have someone watching the forums for things like this. Did you report it to bring it to their attention? It takes longer than a few hours to investigate and make any decisions. Even if they did make a decision, they wouldn't tell you about.
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

Do people even make custom UIs anymore? I went and looked on eqinterface and the custom UI there are pretty much dead. I don't know if you played back in the day but they had some insane custom UIs that looked absolutely nothing like the modern default. If you saw one of those you would call them a hacker. Pretty much all the UIs I saw on that site were slightly modified versions of the current default and pretty .

I may go try to build a link in one for the heck of it if I get tired since there isn't alot left to do in game anymore.

Open up Help window and there is a button that you click that opens a website for customer support all they are doing is customizing that click to open customer support but making it open a link to lucy... how is this cheating?

I finally found a least a picture of something that isn't just slightly altering the graphics on original default UI. This guy is clearly hacking because the normal UI for bank doesn't show bag slots you have to open them to show. This is a hacker ban them!!!!
    [IMG]

Clearly you have never seen a picture of a real hacker's UI, search around on the google and maybe you can find the insane stuff a real hacker would be doing.

I don't know how much of it is still around today but I know back in the day a real hacker UI would replace maps with a map that showed every mob moving around in the zone and they could target them and do other things from that map... Clearly a link to a website is hacking.
  3. Szilent Augur

Who the F are you even talking to? It's widely known that's what MarcoKvest makes the item window look like. Everyone reading knows that very well, developers know that very well, you must know that very well. What is this "conversation", this performance for?
    Smokezz, German, Allayna and 3 others like this.
  4. Bahdah Augur

The Devs dont care but I will keep pointing out how ridiculous this is. Another guy on my server did the same thing with a screenshot and it got the attention of at least one Dev - all they did was delete the post. The guy is still running around on my server even after admitting it in General chat.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  5. Laronk Augur

Everquest is kinda lacking an addon system that should be there for QOL improvements. It would be great to be able to click on a spell and have it take me to Lucy (I guess in this case an item?) Or to be able to click on a box on an item for always need

I'd rather Do not sell like DDO has so I can sell all and not accidently sell my stat food ARGH
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Sounds like something from diablo 2 kinda like were I got my name haha although spelled a bit different as I figured eq would reject it.

Andarriel
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

He admitted on another thread that he trolls for fun.

So the answer is, because he's a troll. Ignore him.
  8. Cloud the Third Augur

You really want a way to go to lucy auto from clicking on an item or spell? How about a make an app for you to monitor you log like the parser and everytime they see you link a spell in chat with some kinda keyword it auto opens up a browser window for it?

If this is really a hacker modified UI which looks like something I could build using normal UI stuff but I hate making UI for EQ it is really like learning a new programming language and parsing a log file is so much easier and faster to do.
  9. Cloud the Third Augur

I found the file that pops up the web browser link. Not sure where you pass it the url you want opened but I am sure it is around there somewhere. (default UI file)

<Button item = "Order_AcceptButton">
    <ScreenID>Order_AcceptButton</ScreenID>
    <Font>4</Font>
    <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
    <Location>
    <X>425</X>
    <Y>420</Y>
    </Location>
    <Size>
    <CX>135</CX>
    <CY>31</CY>
    </Size>
    <TooltipReference>Click here to launch web page</TooltipReference>
    <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox>
    <Text>Vote Now!</Text>
    <TextColor>
    <R>255</R>
    <G>255</G>
    <B>255</B>
    </TextColor>
    <ButtonDrawTemplate>
    <Normal>A_EQLS_SmallBtnNormal</Normal>
    <Pressed>A_EQLS_SmallBtnPressed</Pressed>
    <Flyby>A_EQLS_SmallBtnHover</Flyby>
    <Disabled>A_EQLS_SmallBtnDisabled</Disabled>
    <PressedFlyby>A_EQLS_SmallBtnPressedHover</PressedFlyby>
    </ButtonDrawTemplate>
    </Button>

Who knows if this guy that posted it said somewhere he is using a hack program maybe he is but that doesn't mean that UI file can't be modified to do what it is doing without using a hack so the devs can't suspend him for putting a screenshot that doesn't show he is hacking.
  10. Khat_Nip Meow

Said no one in this thread.
    I thought you were going to go that route, which is completely not what is being shown in that item window.
  11. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

No, it's not "widely known". It's known by people who have used the 3rd party application in question. The way this thread reads to me, is a bunch of cheaters pointing fingers at other cheaters. I had no idea what those UI modifications meant until I read through this thread, and it's very telling that you were all completely familiar with what it does to item links. Almost as if you have experience in using it....

So maybe hop down off that high horse. And no, I don't care to hear you explain away why you're so familiar with cheat programs. I don't buy it.
    Ferriciean and Hitty like this.
  12. Cloud the Third Augur

Yea this is very true because I didn't even notice the lucy button til they pointed it out as I have never seen it before. I am aware of some of the hacking programs used back in the day during like pop and god era but don't really know much about them or if they even still existed today. Figured they had fixed alot of it by now but based on alot of the hackers posting it hasn't. How do you know the lucy button even pops up a link to lucy unless you are using hacks? I guess you could guess lucy button links to them but than everything in that window seems like normal UI changes you can make without hacking than, but if you know that is coming from a hack than you probably should be banned for it along with others using it in the screenshot.
    Ferriciean likes this.
  13. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I am so sorry for anyone else read that post.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You can't add loot filter boxes to the item window.

To be clear: You can add checkboxes but they won't do anything.

And you cannot make links either. You can't pass a url into the vote button, it was a hardcoded link.
    Sancus likes this.
  15. Bahdah Augur

[IMG]
    Sheex, Duder and German like this.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Good, so ban the obvious cheaters and hope you catch the other cheaters who called them out.
  17. nazgull2k1 Elder

Is it wrong I literally couldnt give 2 rat turds less about this entire thread?

"OHMYGODWEGOTACHEATER!"

<collective groan from community.>

Nobody gives a flying fornication
  18. code-zero Augur

The drama in this thread is why they don't care just as long as you aren't playing /afk or blatantly running a map hack
    Ferriciean likes this.
  19. svann Augur

and dont mess with the nice giants!
  20. lancelove Augur

I am betting Bahdah retires within the next 6 months. Over the years I have seen old players start calling stuff out like this or behaving badly just before they retire.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.