Windstalker quits

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galliana, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Galliana Elder

2. Duskborn03 New Member

"Both games have grown through the rise of nostalgia with progression servers in ways we didn’t expect." That's interesting for sure.
  3. Quatr Augur

I certainly didn't expect TLP servers to be as popular as they have been. It seemed like a cute idea, but I didn't expect them to become such a big part of the game.
    Szilent likes this.
  4. Speckle Journeyman

5. Nennius Curmudgeon

I think it MUST have something to do with the virus de jure. Or maybe Brexit, or perhaps a better job offer, or...
  6. Galliana Elder

Surprised at the lack of response to this.
  7. Belexes ForumQuester

That is because we have already read her post and you have nothing new to add.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

We are a classy community. :)
  9. Bigstomp Augur

She's being replaced by someone who did very good things for the game. Jen Chan.
    I don't think we need to worry.
  10. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

The rats will leave the ship as the debacle around TOV forced questing and the breaking of two decades of gameplay flexibility for players unfolds. The design change has resulted in a radical expansion of automated gameplay that no doubt reflects poorly on the team she once headed.

The solution: fix TOV experience levels now and stop listening to the "l33t bruhs" that run the tip line at 1-900-DUDZORS. (edit: remember kids, the tip line is 99 cents a minute and make sure you have your parents permission before using their credit card) :D
    Skuz, Mintalie, Aenvar and 2 others like this.
  11. feeltheburn Augur

being replaced by someone who I am quite certain will do a BETTER job, so the sky shall not fall.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Sheex and Yinla like this.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There is nothing to fix with ToV experience levels.
    Sheex and sauron3030 like this.
  13. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

fixed it for ya.
    WorriedinNorrath likes this.
  14. Petalonyx Augur

The exp "problem" in ToV has been much overblown.

They increased exp required for lvl 111+
    They added bonus exp to progression achieves.

They are too different things. And both got implemented with ToV.

The extent to which exp required increased was a lot relative to earlier levels. Still, many with jobs and families and other hobbies are maxed out, with no reason to group with others for exp. Exp before was way too easy, such that it rather quickly became unprofitable (from a character progression PoV) to group with others, cutting into the heart of the EQ social experience.

The extent to which achieves questing was INCENTIVISED (not FORCED) was perhaps a bit much, but did this bonus for achieves, and missions in particular really cause serious problems? Certainly this particular design decision works against botters, which at least from my viewpoint are no more prevalent post-ToV.
    KarmaKitty and Duder like this.
  15. sauron3030 Elder

There is no forced questing.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  16. WorriedinNorrath Elder

Forced questing has kept me away from EQ for the first time in over 17 years. I'm glad she's jumping ship if she was the one who made this decision.

Whatever ToV is it isn't EQ.
    Gherig likes this.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If people think about it, the Jann Veil's buff is a must-have benefit. Yet, no one complained about "forced questing."

The new design for XP helps all players immensely. The casual ("I log in for 30 minutes to Lesson burn") can complete a ToV merc or partisan task each session. And, in about 3 short sessions, they are getting 10-20% normal xp from the achievement.
  18. Herf Augur

:D :D :D :D :D
    Marton likes this.
  19. Herf Augur

'wonder if this is related to the recent forking off of DP.
  20. feeltheburn Augur

OMG the notion of tasks or questing in EVERQUEST.... what are those heathens thinking of!! Travesty of game play I tell you.
    Duder, Nennius and Herf like this.