Sad part about all these botters...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bot spotter, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Bot spotter Journeyman

It would take such a minor inconvenience from a GM to disturb these guys and make them scared. How can these botters be so obvious and bot in 2-3 picks 24/7 for weeks and nothing is done?

Velks
    Seb
    Chardok
    Sirens Grotto

And now Plane of Tactics...

All you have to do is pretend to care and they may get scared and stop or be more careful.

As is, you just have these people placing 24-36 toons AFK botting in zones for weeks at a time.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

More like months.

Have they been there the entire time mangler hit velious?

It's sad to think every tlp going forward is doomed... but hey, thanks for Overseers!
  3. Indrik New Member

It's always fun to see an entire raid of players appear on top of the plane of storm named giants and just zerg it down. Follow that by /general them selling the loot rights for the medals lol

The real fix here is simple, don't buy kronos from them and don't buy gear off them when they sell loot rights. If they can't sell stuff, there is no point to them being around.
  4. Bot spotter Journeyman

the solution to criminals is not to try to stop people from buying their things. You need enforcement. Your solution only works if 99% of people stop paying for items. That's never going to happen. Let's focus on them enforcing blatant cheating on their game instead.
  5. KimchiGoddess Augur

They did the same thing in Tactics on Agnarr. I actually reported a specific group of them and within a day I never saw them online again. Of course I knew the player via guild affiliation and they just created new accounts with their krono, cuz that toon wasn't being botted with the rest.

It's crazy the lengths they go to and the scripts they have for avoiding detection. I'm talking audio alerts when they get a tell from a GM so they can scramble back to the computer etc. Even scripts that do /who checks for GM presence and audio alert the player as well.
  6. KimchiGoddess Augur

And I see nothing but people spamming general chat to buy loot rights to those medallions.
  7. Fluid Augur

Is it really that backwards? I mean getting an alert as a text you could respond to on a cellphone has been around for maybe 20 years? A quick google search comes up with https://www.ubuntupit.com/best-remote-desktop-apps-for-android/
    I always assumed the level of botting/cheating was at least on that level of sophistication. i.e. guy sets up his bot box with 20 accounts and remotes it to his cellphone, then goes shopping. It's the only thing that explains, other then no life, why some of these people don't get banned.

BUT heck. Long as you aren't doing anything, you don't get banned either. I've noticed people have characters in game hidden/anon and as soon as a named pops, so do they.
  8. sumnayin Augur

Amazing isn't it, when their only option is to buy loot rights....people will propose to buy the loot rights. People aren't spamming to buy the loot rights and asking someone to kill it for them, they have 0 other options.