Type 18/19 "accuracy" parse

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Windance Augur

Level 115 monk with max AA using ToV 2hb against a Bodel - Taza combat dummy that had its level raised to 115. Placed dummy in a corner facing the wall. Placed monk behind the dummy also against the wall to ensure all hits were from the same spot behind the combat dummy.

A ) Whispering Midnight Attacker +5% Accuracy and +5 each heroic
    B ) Blazing Euphora Attacker +7.14% Accuracy +6 each heroic
    C ) Rallos Zek Acolyte's Attacker +6% Accuracy +5 to each heroic
    D ) Rallos Zek Devotee's Attacker +7.5% Accuracy +6 to each heroic

I simply removed the augs from my chase gear. No attempt was made to replace / balance the heroic stats. Each run I added one of the augs back into the chase gear in the order above.

Most of the runs were for approximate 45 m (2nd was closer to 2 hr) with no buffs and just turning attack on.

Cond Hits Misses Total Accuracy
    Base Line 5401 1547 6948 77.7
    A 26652 7079 33731 79.0
    A+B 5841 1508 7349 79.5
    A+B+C 6303 1527 7830 80.5
    A+B+C+D 8026 1812 9838 81.6

Bottom line. They do seem to stack assuming the +22 heroic dex/str does not account for the increased number of hits.
    niente, Axxius and Petalonyx like this.
  2. Ashian Augur

Thank you for running this parse. Can you please run it one more time with JUST D? My conclusion based on this data is that they don’t stack, but highest prevails.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  3. Szilent Augur

4. Petalonyx Augur

Agree looking at large difference between baseline (77.7) and A (79.0) vs all the other smaller incremental increases.

Would like to see D only to comare with A+B+C+D.
  5. Szilent Augur

6. Windance Augur

I missed the earlier posts or I wouldn't have run them.
  7. Szilent Augur

Your look was slightly different, and 100% respectable because you were actually looking. Heck, "trust but verify" is is superlegit in many pursuits, scientific or political or gaming. Other posters not investing the time, asking you to do more work, is not the same.
  8. Petalonyx Augur

So the reason for this data suggesting another stacking mechanic (only best accuracy mod is used) is... just in the error?

45 min on these vs 1h on others linked. The other parses dont include a no-aug baseline.

I agree, among both parse groups there is more evidence that they do all stack, but this parse did suggest a second look would be worthwhile.
  9. svann Augur

Cant figure how they stack mathematically though. Something isnt adding up. The effect becomes greater but not by as much as you would expect, whether you look at it as accuracy or as miss rate.
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. blood & gufts Augur

Try to do a parse for B alone to see what that is...
    Or C or D alone
  11. Szilent Augur

no u
    menown and Sancus like this.
  12. Kontra Augur

You know they stack just in looking at your inventory page ATK Accuracy as you equip more attacker augs. (2nd green # after the / on ATK line below your HP) The confusing part is why there are 2 types of accuracy, with ATK Accuracy and Mod2 Accuracy from HDex. They should've just named it something different to cause less overall confusion having 2 types of accuracy.
  13. Windance Augur

If sounds like you want to try and tease apart the difference between the +5% and +7% would be a really small net difference. I have stuff setup so I can go ahead and do a run but wouldn't surprise me if the difference is in the noise.
  14. blood & gufts Augur

Well there would be larger difference between using 5% and 5+7% combined IF they STACK, would be small if not stacking.
  15. svann Augur

Seems like they stack much like luck augs fuse. +1 and you be happy with that.
    :p
  16. Szilent Augur

no
  17. svann Augur

Dont be shy - how would you say they stack?
    from post above:
    Base Line 5401 1547 6948 77.7
    A 26652 7079 33731 79.0 = +1.3
    A+B 5841 1508 7349 79.5 = +1.8
    A+B+C 6303 1527 7830 80.5 = +2.8
    A+B+C+D 8026 1812 9838 81.6 = +3.9

Not exactly +1 each but not far from it overall. 4 augs together is close to 4%. B kinda throws it off a bit but they are alot closer to +1% than +5% each. I wasnt completely serious but if you want to disagree then why dont you say how you think the math works?
  18. Xyphen Maximum Augur

The issue people are seeing is that the numbers on the aug don't directly correlate to the increase in ATK Accuracy.

For example, my stats with/without certain augs:

Base Accuracy w/o augs: 1617
    Accuracy with Devotee (8.5%) and Acolyte (6%): 1821 [11.2% net increase]
    Accuracy with only Acolyte (6%): 1707 [5.2% net increase]

If they directly stacked off of base accuracy, then my accuracy with both augs should be 1851 (14.5):
    ((0.085 * 1617) + (0.06 * 1617) / 1617) * 100 = 14.5%

But it's actually 1821, which is only 11.2% increase:

(1 - (1617 / 1821)) * 100 = 11.2%

Since I only see a 11.2% increase against my base accuracy with both augs, it's definitely not cumulative as that would put me even higher at 1859 accuracy.

So, in my opinion, they stack -- but there are diminishing returns. This may be because the actual base accuracy they modify is not the one the player sees (which is why some people are skeptic of the ATK Accuracy number they see).
  19. Szilent Augur

the modifier from heroic stats is not multiplied by the Attacker focus. Your base accuracy is higher than mine as a warrior, so I'm'a suspect you're a berserker or rogue instead? Regardless, the arithmetic works out fine if you subtract off the heroic modifier to accuracy, put in the focuses, and re-add the heroic modifier. It appears to me that you have around 240 heroic modifier (can't tell precisely because of EQ integer math), so full suit of ToV dex augs? congrats on finishing your mission grind :)

There's no diminishing returns.

The augments work.

The augments stack.
  20. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Thanks!
    I'll take your word for it. I don't have the ambition to really tear apart the numbers.

Correct

Correct