Everquest Discord Group

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kidiani, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Kidiani Journeyman

Hello,

How do you get access to post if I do not have a cell phone? I searched for a previous Discord post to put this in but the search timed out, big surprise there....

If any geniuses want to suggest I get a cell phone then they can pay for it because Discord even blocks prepaid and burner phones.

Thanks,
    John
    Derresh and Vexana_Lanys like this.
  2. Snackattack New Member

Discord works fine on straighttalk and t-mobile, all prepaid.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its not necessary you have discord and after this move that they made to require a cell phone - I don't
  4. Derresh Augur

Everquest 2 Official Discord does not have this requirement and it is a public discord server (meaning it's more accessible to discord phishing bots), which would be the main reason to even have a verification requirement.

EQ1 Official Discord is private (Meaning you can only join via the invite link) and yet it has a phone requirement.

Makes sense. :confused:
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Its not exactly hard to get the invite link when it is posted publicly.
  6. Derresh Augur

doubt discord bots are scanning eq forums for the invite link though, whereas they can scan the discord search function for public discords.
  7. Kidiani Journeyman

It's not necessary that I play Everquest, but I enjoy it. So I kind of thought I might like to be included in the Discord. /shrug
    Maneuvre, Derresh and Vexana_Lanys like this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

What's funny about this is that in 1999 when EQ was first introduced, many gamers who had no internet access scoffed, "You mean I HAVE to have internet to play this game?? Screw that!"

:)
  9. Kidiani Journeyman

Why is this funny? I am trying to support the community and you are being an .

I was going to be upset but I browsed through some of your forum responses and you seem like a good guy. Hopefully not the genius in another post who thought a new forum poster was a new player. Some like to talk some like to play. I see no reason why I need a different device to verify I exist. I guess I can just find some guy/gal on the street and get there phone.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

This thread is hilarious.

I want to be able to do stuff in discord..

Discord requires a phone..

Eff that i dont wanna get a cell..

Lifes unfair.. because .. phone..
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Surely you have a friend or relative with a cell phone that could verify for you. I bet you'd even get away with this heinous act of deceit.
  12. Cadira Augur

If you don't have a cellphone in 2020, you've got bigger issues to worry about than trying to get into eq discord.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Depending on where you are cellphones can still be very expensive for some people who don't have a real need for them.
  14. Laronk Augur

Some people just dont want to use a cellphone too, I always have a work phone and I hate how 2factor is shoved down my throat where some only use a phone number and not google authenticator or what ever. Then I change to a new job and forget about some of my 2fa and have to fix that .
  15. Kidiani Journeyman

Wow, some of you people don't grasp the idea of having things "forced" on you that you can't afford. I am on oxygen 24/7 I can't work and do not get disability. I guess I just will go homeless but by God I will have a CELL PHONE!
  16. Kidiani Journeyman

Also for all you know it alls, you obviously haven't figured out that the EQ people respond quicker in Discord than to these forums because most you you post stupid crap on what NEEDS changed that DOESN'T really need changed.
  17. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

You’re not really missing out on anything exciting. It’s pretty much the same 20 people posting all day long. There’s barely anything relevant either. I often find myself scrolling through for a matter of 45 seconds and then deciding it was a waste of time. Just enjoy the game and use the forums like you always have.

If it means that much to you, maybe one of the developers could get you in without having to use a cell phone.