Missing character(s)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Marbles, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Whulfgar Augur

15 posts .. 8 of which are new accounts.

Wonder if they the same player on dif accounts or legit real people per account.
  2. Quatr Augur

To quote a recent post by a developer:

Missing characters are still in the database. Sometimes an error occurs and they are disconnected from the account if they load too slowly when the account logs in. This happens very rarely due to corrupt character data. Previously (maybe 2018) a corrupt character would block you from logging into the account at all.

The game now automatically disconnects characters from your account if they take too long to load, which causes the (admittedly scary) disappearance of characters when there are serious DB issues (like on Friday). Rest assured your characters are not really gone, and can be reconnected to the account with a GM command.

Even in cases where characters are missing from the DB (very rare), we can restore them from backup flat files.
    Hobitses and Daedly like this.
  3. Marenka New Member

I haven't posted in this forum for more than a decade. Although I still have the same account info, I had to create a new forum name to do so. I suspect many others also came here after not finding answers in other places. Hopefully we will see a response or resolution when the west coast has its coffee.
    Vexana_Lanys and Whulfgar like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

5. Warrath Journeyman

Missing a character on the 1 account that I had logged out, when I logged that account in my 110 Enchanter was missinng
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Please go to bug forum and like the first post about missing characters so devs can see it
    xxGriff likes this.
  7. Baldur Augur

They'll get it fixed, it's just early on the west coast.

The question is do we need to petition on each account that has the issue or will they fix it globally?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

I feel for each an every one of yall that are missing toons. Seriously that has got to suck hard !
  9. Canikbik New Member

Missing 1 char on main account plz fix daybreak Phinigel Server
  10. demoria7 Elder

Missing toons on all of my accounts. ... hope they can fix it. Bertox is the server here. OMG my main cleric Raiding toon is gone.... I am going to cry if they can't fix this.
  11. Vzel New Member

2 accounts, 6 characters gone. Still waiting for a reply to the tickets I sent in hours ago. I imagine there's not going to be a response until atleast tomorrow.
  12. demoria7 Elder

I see two threads on this... I too have lost toons on multiple accounts. I am on Bertox.
  13. Vzel New Member

It may say "New Member" but this has been my account for 20 years. It's the link to the forums and how little I visit them that is "new".
    Whulfgar and Vexana_Lanys like this.
  14. Athientz1 New Member

idon't use the forums as much as i did 15 years ago, not sure why it shows me as new /shrug, more concerned withthe missing characters i have years of time and effort into
  15. klanderso Developer

We're doing an emergency maintenance right now to solve this.
    Yinla, Nennius and Quatr like this.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Any thoughts as to how long the (needed I might add) downtime might last?
  17. Cleric Bot New Member

inc character rollbacks
  18. Solanli Journeyman

You do too break things ... always.
  19. Daedly Augur

AB spread some kind of virtual virus to the rest I bet...
    Brilhasti likes this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

More likely EQ is an old lady that doesn't like being interfered with! You change my code I'll keep something of yours!
    Makta likes this.