Overseer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jontrann, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Khat_Nip Meow

As you can see from my screenshot there isn't any way to do anything, so...
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Weird, I've tried to duplicate this on another account and all I ended up doing was finishing tutorial with 46 agents...
  3. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Is this re-using LoN art assets?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Riou EQResource

Yes
    Orbital101 and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

But that's my point...you start the quests and then hope everything works out.

That doesn't seem very intersting or fun. Why not just give players tradeskill minions that go to a zone for a few hours and forage/fetch/fish whatever item I tell them to get and dispense with all of the quest nonsense?
  6. Quatr Augur

Well, I don't know why they decided to use this particular design, but the fact that it's rather similar to the "Garrison" system in WoW suggests that it was a conscious decision. I guess they analyzed how it worked in WoW and decided that something similar would also work in EQ?
  7. Inga Elder

Tutorial quest reward

Kelethin
    Captain Silverwind (Uncommon): Diplomat (3), Soldier (1) High Elf, Paladin, Benevolent, Heroic

(Common)
    1 Artisan
    0 Diplomat
    1 Explorer
    0 Harvester
    1 Marauder
    1 Merchant
    1 Scholar
    1 Soldier
    2 Spy

Felwithe
    Elia the Pure (Uncommon): Harvester (3), Artisan (1) High Elf, Cleric, Regal, Benevolent

(Common)
    1 Artisan
    1 Diplomat
    2 Explorer
    0 Harvester
    2 Marauder
    0 Merchant
    0 Scholar
    2 Soldier
    0 Spy

Ak'Anon
    Kimble Nogflop (Uncommon): Diplomat (3), Scholar (1), Gnome, Enchanter, Diminutive, Peaceful

(Common)
    1 Artisan
    1 Diplomat
    0 Explorer
    2 Harvester
    0 Marauder
    1 Merchant
    1 Scholar
    1 Soldier
    1 Spy

Anyone know Kaladim reward set?
  8. Grove Augur

Does Overseer operate simultaneously with a live player? Or is it like a Trader working instead of a live player? Does it work simultaneously with a live player and while the account is logged out, but also while off-line trader is working?
  9. Riou EQResource

You can do it while online and it will countdown the quest timers/inactive agent timers while offline
  10. That0neguy Augur

So has anyone gotten anything other than TS mats from this? I thought I had read somewhere the goal of the Overseer was to try and help returning players catch up faster. Which I interpreted as maybe previous xpac group/raid gear. Not sure how TS mats would really help anyone catch up.

Edit: Found it, was in the producers letter. "This new system is designed to help players catch up to current content by giving access to rewards that are found in past content"
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

First reward is usually exp. There is merc was. There is a collection item dispenser and an ornamentatop dispenser. No idea what is for sale.
  12. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

What's the 21st anniversary quest reward?
  13. Dahaman Augur

If they were to copy anything from WOW, I'd have much preferred the rest system where you utilize "catch up" mechanics by actually playing the game.

Set the agents to "find" you the extra rewards as you adventure (agent finding tradeskill mats as you kill mobs, agents giving bonus XP as you earn it, agent collecting extraneous items as you complete quests, etc.) After the agent "finds" the rewards (or enough of them), it can go on cooldown (rest) mode. You then set the next agent to work with you as you adventure until you run out of them.

You net the same rewards, but you get them by playing your character rather than this fire-n-forget mobile-app feel.

The "catch up" mechanic idea is a great idea. The implementation is just not EQ.

It is what it is I suppose now... c'est la vie...
    Daedly likes this.
  14. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Got access to my first "Purple" difficulty Rare Mission, but only had 2 of the 3 needed to launch it. Will need to wait till tomorrow to try it. Rewards are the same as the other quests nothing special yet.

Also today's patch now lets you click and open the reward panel for Overseer Collection and Ornamentation boxes but the reward fails but does not delete the reward option, likely disabled atm.

[IMG]
  15. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Usually hidden until it hits live
  16. KarmaKitty Augur

If I'm understanding how this feature works, it will probably cause another big shift in the bazaar.
    Probably not to bulk skill up components and viable finished TS products, but collectibles and rare
    TS components.

Why pay when I can just send out an agent to get the item while I sleep.

Guess the key will be how many times I need to send the agent out to fulfill my needs.

It also allows me to continue skipping that quest/instance I already skipped. No need to go back.
    Actually, I would probably go back and do more old content if it was not for the 3 or 6 player requirement to get the quests. Too much hassle to pester people for a 3rd or run a 2nd FTP account.
  17. Moege Augur

To even make a dent you would need hundreds of accounts all doing this Overseer on a timer. The rewards are just too random/rare to even matter for bazaar purposes. Getting a few collections/materials that you would have purchased in bazaar really does not make a difference, if they are even available at a price you are willing to pay.

No guarantee that the quest would succeed or your agent gets locked out. By nature people want instant gratification, bazaar is going to be just fine.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'll make a post soon asking for feedback as to what to add to the overseer merchant. And possible additions to the trade-skill lists. May be next week.

I was conservative with what I made available. I'd rather find that we can add more rewards than start with too much rewards and cut them back.

They were not complete and only Stub items at the time of the test patch. They function now!

We exposed a code bug in the reward set system. It's fixed, but obviously not on test yet. In the short term, if you keep trying (don't spam it, buy try every 10 to 15 seconds) eventually it will give it to you. Or, if you can spare the reward space, wait for the true-up.
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I’m very glad to hear you will be considering player feedback for this new Overseer system and the rewards associated.
    Quatr likes this.
  20. That0neguy Augur

Good to hear! There are a lot of options that you could consider if you really are trying to make it easier for people to catch up.

You could create a set of Overseer gear for each of the levels that's equivalent to raid or group gear of the previous xpac. So for instance at level 85, you have access to purchase gear that is equivalent to the level 80 group and raid gear.