Begging and Bind Wound

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cloud the Third, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

Why do you keep increasing the skill of these pointless abilities? Can you either make them useful like you did with intimidation or just not increase the skill with every expansion.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

When they release PoMischief (Castle Mischief) for Velious 2.0, the chase item will require you to max Begging to level the item. It will take 10,000 clicks of Begging to get 1 skill point.
    bortage and Fanra like this.
  3. Greymantle Augur

Heh bind wound i am currently working up when i can. Begging not so much. Mine i at ZERO and gonna stay that way.
  4. Cloud the Third Augur

So 2000 clicks with a macro setup you can do 5 begs per click.

I don't understand beg it always fails but you do need it for at least 1 quest i think but besides from that it has no use.
  5. KarmaKitty Augur

Beg and Bind are the only ones I'm behind on.

I did nothing with beg until the last year or so. No real issue with running it up to 110 level max. Since then, I have seen no increase at all. Not one point. I'm starting to suspect the RNG hates me.

As for bind, I need to thank all the mages producing those annoying mod rods at the lag pile. I keep a set and stack of bandages handy to use after death. Of course, I would like to curse all the clerics in the guild lobby who think the pally hiding in the corner on one knee at 50% needs a heal.
    Quatr likes this.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

There was a patch within the last year or so that changed skill-ups to be much faster until within 5 levels from your max.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  7. Ravanta Suffer Augur

We're all getting a free heroic upgrade soon. Use that on your main, it will automatically put you at a very high skill rating for bind/begging.

I did this previously with the pre-order for yoc, because I was tired of accidentally clicking that upgrade character link in the inventory screen.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  8. KarmaKitty Augur

I believe, I am well above the skills for an 85 character. Maxed on all but beg, bind, TS and two languages. I'm told, Heroic does nothing for TS and languages. I suspect spending an upgrade on the character will do nothing for skills. There would be other potential benefits (like DON progression) to consider.
  9. Mazame Augur

For bind. go into a zone with a HP debuff so you hp never go above 80% and bind away till max.
    Begging it would be nice if they just linked it to the forage table. Go up to a npc and beg and get a root or some other random item to use in TS.
    Fanra and KarmaKitty like this.
  10. svann Augur

Just ignore it. You dont need it.
  11. Themisto New Member

I always thought they should make begging a aggro reducer a anti-Taunt
    Bind wound they should make like the monks mend ability that uses bandages (instant but a longer reuse time)
  12. Egat Should have stayed in Halas

Any suggestions on a zone with a HP debuff below 80%? It sounds far more brilliant than standing in lava (like I do).
  13. Qbert Gallifreyan

Some of the TBM zones, though I suspect it stops debuffing if you finish the progression (no clue, never been able to finish TBM).

I'm a paladin, so when I work on bind wound I just click off regeneration buffs and then cast my temporary HP buff (Stormwall Stance or its predecessors), then bind away. If you have access to a shaman/druid, you can use their version (Frenzied Growth), bind wound up to 99%ish, then click off the buff and rinse/repeat.
    Egat and KarmaKitty like this.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Alcohol tolerence is useful in modern content. Maybe bind wound will be in the future as well.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Make or friend a zerker. Go to the guild hall. They can drop an attack buff that prevents their life from going above a percent. Bandage away.
    Egat and KarmaKitty like this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It's more work for them to cap it then to just leave it and let it auto increase each expansion.
  17. CrazyLarth Augur

bind wound is only updating 1 point at a time for 115 toons not sure if this is a bug or not.

Ruins of Lxanvom [TBM]

but you have to Flag your toon to get the clicky
    Mirror Fragment of Anashti Sul to get to the zone.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=124485

KarmaKitty likes this.
  18. AppleSplatter Journeyman

For bind wound, you could try finding zerkers or necros, they both have the ability to lower their HP even in non combat zones.
  19. KarmaKitty Augur

Hee hee, Necros have a way of reducing EXP as well as HP :D
  20. KarmaKitty Augur

Thanks Mazame! It never crossed my mind.

Been farming some AA and Augs in the Demi-plane of Life (aka Day of the Dead zone), so one of those special zones is one click away.