Smokeveil

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Sissruukk, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

Broke or "working as intended?" And what, if anything, are the devs going to do about it?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Some mobs in ToV appear to be immune to the blur effect, is that what you are experiencing? Your post is rather vague.
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

I was in CotF, running a mission in ETWK (forgot which one). I was in the caves, and tried to use Smokeveil to pull. I dropped the Smokeveil, and it mezzed the mobs, but when I tried to pull a single out, they all "woke up" and attacked. I tried this a few times in other lower level zones (ones where I used to use the lower level Smoke bombs), and the same thing happened. The mobs mez, but when I go to single pull one out of the pack, they all "wake up" and attack.

(I just came back from a few months hiatus, so just noticed this. If there is already a discussion on this, I apologize for the duplicity.)
  4. Skecpa Journeyman

I've also noticed something weird with the trap recently. I've had it not blur things that I know can be blurred in Rygorr and ToFS. There's something strange going on with aggro I think.
  5. Myca775 Journeyman

No issues so far , I haven't had a problem with smokeveil in Mines or ToFS, now Kael is a different story the giants laugh at smokeveil, wolves too.

I've also noticed Escape doesn't work either in Kael (then again it was really late and i was tired) but I know i hit Escape and maybe their agro range is much larger but the dog reagroed me.
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

When you drop smokeveil, what do you use to pull with? I have always used Shadow-Hunter's Dagger, but perhaps I should be using something else.
  7. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I use Vigorous Dagger Throw (yes, the very first one from UF) - tho I haven't used Smokeveil much this expansion.

I *did* notice something wonky with my escape, tho. I escaped in ToFS, dropping a skel and an armor. Got the evaders fade invis thing, whatever. They reaggroed me like, 10s later and beat me to death. I was less than amused. It happened again later. No idea what the issue is, since I've used it other places and it worked npnp.
  8. Belexes ForumQuester

I haven't had any issues with mobs I know this works on.

I target the mob I want to pull in the group, then squirt out a smoke, back up. Then I use Staff of Viral Flux to pull mob I have targeted. When they hit the smoke, I pull the one out of the group with the dagger throw ability and he comes out of the mezzed group. Easy peasy.
  9. Dewey Augur

I have not experienced this in game. Tried it out several times last night. To me it's working right.

If your throwing at a caster run away or around a corner before it cast, or it'll stand there and reaggro everything as it cast.
  10. Dewey Augur

The buff we get seems to break off we get hit by spells. So if there's a caster in the group our hide /sneak AA that makes it not break doesn't help us.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

Ok, I see here that you do this differently than I have ever done. I have usually gone in, dropped the bomb, then pulled out of the mezzed crowd, whereas you are pulling to the bomb, then separating. Could be that I need to change my tactic.

I usually do this with caster mobs. The problem I was having is that when I dropped the bomb in the middle of a group of mobs I would then hit one with Shadow-Hunter's Dagger and it would break mez on all the mobs. I will have to experiment more with this and see what it does. I do know that it is LoS, and that if you bomb an area where a mob is out of LoS it can pull that mob out because of chain aggro.

I will give that a try.