Fixed Internally Restless Ice Infection - Infinite Bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Syylke_EMarr, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Every once in awhile, the Restless Ice Infection DoT will enter an "infinite" state where it can only be removed by zoning, camping, or dying as no cures will affect it and the duration is only 1 tick before refreshing (again 1 tick). My assumption is this is caused by the recursive aspect of the DoT somehow. Is there any reason to not make the DoT last for an hour instead of 30 seconds? It would have the same overall impact with less chance of bugging out and more chance for classes with lesser curing capabilities to actually cure it.
    enclee, Duder, Conq and 1 other person like this.
  2. Allayna Augur

This happened to me today as well, ran oom from it, was able to hit Marr's Gift and splash it off though.
  3. Dewey Augur

Several times today I had to either camp or succor to remove this dot. Other times I died, because it was faster to die and rebuff.
  4. Gosan Kai Elder

I've been healing through it or waiting for a combo cure to come up. For example: Purify of Death and Word of Greater Restoration or Radiant Cure. It's REALLY annoying though. Is this DoT working as intended? If so, it needs to be revamped.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Happened to me today in Eastern Wastes, Bertox server. Finally camped out and came back and it was gone. Nothing would cure it, including Purify Body (I was on my monk).

Darkpaw says fixed internally, so should be fixed in March patch.
  6. svann Augur

I always just hit aria of absolution and boom cured.
  7. ShadowMan Augur

8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

9. Dewey Augur

Servers went down last night for emergency maintenence. This bug says that it's fixed internally. However the dot still last forever and is uncurable.
  10. Thunderkiks Augur

Wasnt a patch
  11. Piflet New Member

Happened to me the other day, would tick down to 0 seconds then start over at 6 seconds, I was able to keep myself alive since I'm a ranger until I ran my shaman across to zone. Shaman was able to cure it