Vet Rewards for All!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by That0neguy, Mar 3, 2020.

1. That0neguy Augur

Looks like Bernie is going to win the election after all.

- In celebration of EverQuest's 21st anniversary we have made Veteran Reward abilities available to all players!
    - - - The restrictions that limited the number of characters that can activate these abilities has been removed.
    - - - The requirement that your account must be active for 1 to 15+ years has been removed.
    - - - On progression servers, these abilities will continue to unlock starting
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  2. TonyT New Member

You might think this is strange, but I am against opening veteran rewards for everyone. I am supportive that they are limited to a set number of characters per account though.
  3. taliefer Augur

weak
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

/sigh

Weaksauce overload.

I know it's intended as sarcasm but sarcasm should have some Bite to it, this needs new dentures.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

We did it reddit!
    Miss_Jackie and That0neguy like this.
  6. Beardsy Elder

Unbelievably epic win. Thank you so, so much.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  7. Nolrog Augur

Great news, never too late. I have been pushing/hoping for this and mentioned it any time vet rewards have come up. I never understood the logic of locking them one toon per year. Especially as the game went on and new servers came up and people switched and played alts.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No, this right here is far more important

"The surname command now allows the use of a second capital letter and a single accent character."
  9. Zinkeh Augur

Err, what? Where was this posted?
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

11. SoandsoForumUser Augur

12. Zinkeh Augur

What does this mean for a server like mangler?
    Gotta wait till some distant expansion to even use the vet rewards?
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yes, this was already the case though as of an update in January that got pushed from last year.

- Veteran Reward AA abilities have been updated for progression servers to more closely reflect the timeline of their introduction.
    - - The ability to claim Veteran Rewards on a character has been moved from Gates of Discord to Dragons of Norrath.
    - - Abilities for years 1-7 (Lesson of the Devoted, Infusion of the Faithful, Chaotic Jester, Expedient Recovery, Steadfast Servant, Staunch Recovery, and Intensity of the Resolute) will now be usable starting with the release of Dragons of Norrath.
    - - The 8th year ability, Throne of Heroes, will be usable with the release of Prophecy of Ro.
    - - The 9th year ability, Armor of Experience, will be usable with the release of The Buried Sea.
    - - The 10th year ability, Summon Resupply Agent, will be usable with the release of Secrets of Faydwer.
    - - The 11th year ability, Summon Clockwork Banker, will be usable with the release of Seeds of Destruction.
    - - The 12th year ability, Summon Permutation Peddler, will be usable with the release of Underfoot.
    - - The 13th year ability, Summon Tribute Master, will be usable with the release of House of Thule.
    - - The 14th year ability, Blessing of the Devoted, will be usable with the release of Veil of Ala
  14. Zanarnar Augur

after 20 years my dark-elf mage can have a correct surname. Vrathe just doesn't look as good as v'Rathe wouldwill. +1