Good or Bad to release 21st anniversary raid 16th March?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm not talking crap at the Devs but come on, man. How can we as players have had any expectation what so ever that 21st anniversary raids would happen - despite the items accidentally being on beta? We received type 3's 2 months after launch and the tradeskill quest patch in January post launch. It's becoming a bear for EQ Devs to create new content. We're lucky we even see new content. Temper expectations and be surprised when you really like the results of quests, content, items, etc. Thank you for breaking your backs on this old game, Devs. We still enjoy playing it.
  2. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

This is the important part of your post. The part where you chastise dedicated players and fans of the game for coming to expect that the devs continue to develop was dropped because it's useless chatter.
  3. Tutankamen Augur

Can we get original POM added in as a separate zone for Anniversary, maybe next year?
    Cloud the Third and bortage like this.
  4. bortage spammin lifetaps

ideally permanently, request it as a raid with a lockout timer imo!
  5. Cloud the Third Augur

You could make the a PoM 3.0 and have the quest guy in GD where the current PoM is and add in a new click zone in and bring back original PoM that is randomly moved around ToV zones every day it changes zone in location or something.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

There a difference between telling the devs our expectations for new content and chastising them for not fulfilling those expectations. The developers are not decision makers when it comes to the allocation of resources from the parent company to them. We should share our disappointment with the company about not getting "x" in the hopes that it might sway a decision maker further up the line, but calling the people who don't get to make that call "lazy" or any number of other things isn't warranted or helpful.
  7. enclee Augur

I disagree with low bar that you’re setting by saying we’re lucky we even get new content. DPG is a business, they’re lucky they have an existing customer base that has propelled them through 21 years. It’s good to have respect for the development team, but it’s important to keep in mind the dynamics of a relationship with the business. If, they don’t release new content or new TLPs, then the game goes away. We’re not lucky, it’s just business.
  8. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Okay, so few remember, I guess, POP and how everything wasnt finished at start. So it was finished after the expansion opened. That is an effort on dev team part...much to the chagrin of the players ( /point Furor) who just lambasted SOE for that. Nonetheless it is effort that consumes a scarce resource(dev team time). Same thing is happening now with TOV. You really think it was an accident that the tiers mysteriously were staggered in terms of release? (lulz)

Just like then, they have been finishing TOV now, and time for another piece of content for Anniv. just won't happen.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's called being a realist, man. All the signs are pointing to this game not even being here sooner rather than later. After 21 years, that's expected.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. svann Augur

Meh, people were saying EQ was on its last legs way back in 2004.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It doesn't. That's why they're asking. Boredom.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

"All the signs"

Were you even here during Luclin launch? Even sources IN THE COMPANY were saying EQ was about to fail. Be a realist, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.
  13. enclee Augur

Doesn't matter if it's not going to be around in 5 years or we're complaining in 2030 about the expansion, you have to hold them to a standard. Just being grateful to spend money on anything, that they release is how you bring the end closer.
  14. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Really hoping we see the 21AV raid items implemented in some way soonish, otherwise need to go back to the drawing board on a bunch of loot decisions... I mean I know we couldn't assume it was a guarantee, but we assumed those items were there for a reason.