Zek PvP Event HUGE SUCCESS!!! Come online to join the fun!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dulu, Feb 29, 2020.

1. That0neguy Augur

Fixed it for you. And even that is generous. Was more around 50 tops. The amount of people on Autofollow running from CR to PoK was amazing to watch. And how many of those people were only there for the free stuff?

Also maybe only 10% read the forums. Good thing the PVP event sponsors put out so much media on youtube and news sites and email blasts and server spamming that surely they got everyone who was interested to play.
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

What do you think is easier
    A) getting people to show up to a specific server at a specific time in a game that some of the people didn't even have installed on their PC
    B) Getting people to leave a comment in a sticked thread sometime over a 5 month period?

B is obviously much much easier. I'm sorry that this bursts your little bubble but PvP is obviously a WAY WAY more popular idea then a "non-truebox" server
  3. wade_watts Augur

Now we know why they made everyone be Ogres.. They look bigger in screenshots.
    Pumpernickel likes this.
  4. That0neguy Augur

So even if that is true. Based on the numbers then WAY WAY more popular that nothing is still not popular.
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Nah man there was 100+ people in the discord voice chat. They were autofollowing Dulu cause 90% of them have never played TSS so they don't know how to get to PoK from Crescent reach.

Sorry it hurts your feeling that the PvP event had a better turnout then the "non-truebox" server thread.
  6. Szilent Augur

Not the Discord you konw. The Discord on the other side of town. You've probably never met her. And she's way cool and thinks you guys are lame.

It had a High population, I'll show you a screenshot...
  7. vylo Augur

The "huge" success boasts lower numbers than nightly raids by one guild.....

Well done on showing DBG their money would be well spent elsewhere.
    Zansobar, Skuz and That0neguy like this.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It's just as popular or more then Phinny or Selo or RF or LJ or Coirnav or Agnarr or Whatever the name of the dumb new 85 TLP is at the time.
  9. tryieq Journeyman

B does not matter if 9 out of every 10 dont go to the forums, your words not mine.

Again I supported this idea and logged in, if more than 100 unique people (ie not boxed as there were a lot) logged in I will be surprised.

In fact I am starting to think you are using the non-truebox argument now because you realise there is multiple tlp planned and you think that server type will be the competition for one of them.

Pvp seemed like it could have been fun but I dont see it happening after tonight.
  10. vylo Augur

It really isn't. You guys posted the screenshots showing it isn't. Even offering free stuff you couldn't draw more people than a raid.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It's very obvious by your comments that you didn't actually attended said event. You can stop pretending like you did.
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

"You guys" I wasn't involved in anyway other then showing up, i didn't organize anything or do any of the other other then click to join the discord and create a toon. There isn't a 130 people logged onto and active on any of those TLP besides Selo and Selo is under 200.
  13. Punchu Augur

I mean at this point why the hell not. An experiment in TLP PVP sounds a hell of a lot more interesting than phinny clone 5 or whatever.
    Dulu and WaitingforMoreEQ like this.
  14. tryieq Journeyman

But I did, logged in around 10 mins early into Cr which was kinda empty until I was reminded from chat that I needed to pick over which I did.

It started off kinda cool with 1 guy giving out beer and it reminded me of the old gm drunk runs.

was there until about 15 mins after the start with multiple warning that the zone was overloaded with 124 ppl so mercs would be suspended that we were told to move to pok.

the amount of boxing in cr was obvious, one guy whos naming policy seemed to be around fish /OOC with about 15 chars at a time and the run to pok book had many boxes caught on corners.

You seem to think im anti pvp and im not, ok i played tallon zek back in the day but only to about 30, but eq2 pvp I played from the start to the death which is why I logged in to show my support.

but I know when somthings not viable"
  15. That0neguy Augur

Don't try and get in the way of their "facts"
  16. That0neguy Augur

1 guild on each of those servers drives more people each raid night then your little event did.
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Thanks for confirming you weren't actually there
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

No LUL and like none of those server have more then a few active guilds anyways LUL.
  19. Punchu Augur

The real question here is if a PVP server is enough of a deterrent to stop the crowd that hates the game after PoP from rerolling on a fresh TLP. I suspect not. I say go for it, and the people that claim to want to play past PoP can stay where they are.
  20. tryieq Journeyman

Whatever makes you feel better, now tell us why ~100 people split into 3 teams would make a viable pvp server!

Extra points if you can make non-truebox or FV rule sets look bad at the same time!