Want to return...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Manafasto, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Manafasto Augur

I have not played since OoW. Is there a good server to play on that actually has a population to play with? Also, I am trying to decide between SK, Mage, Necro, or BL. Can someone fill me in with so information I would greatly appreciate it. I do not see me multiboxing. is it possible to find people to play with? I miss dungeon crawling.
  2. Elendar New Member

I'm currently beginning my Everquest journey on Firiona Vie. I'd level a char with you. It seems to have a bunch of people on at all hours in the Plane of Knowledge
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

There are plenty people to play with at the end of the spectrum. In the middle it's harder to find people but they are around some.

All 4 of those classes are good for molo'ing (solo with a merc). The SK will take the most work to be useful, but will be the most powerful of the 4 when done. The other 3 pet classes take much less work, and will be powerful, just not as powerful molo as the SK.

What I mean by this is... The mage pet takes very little to be a good tank. You summon everything you need. The only piece of armor the mage needs is an enhanced minion earring. Then for their pet to tank fortification and frenzy AA. The BST is second best, and gets slow, also FD (late in the game), so a beast with some pet weapons is great as well. Necro has the weakest of the 3 pets, but it's still a very powerful class, especially against undead (slow, mez, etc).

The SK needs the most work, as it's not just an earring to tank. a SK needs a full set of armor and augs, and takes a lot more AA to be a good tank. However, once done the SK will pass all 3 pet classes in tanking ability. The SK has all the tools to split, and when well geared can tank multiples.

If you playtime is going to be low, pick the pet class to molo. If you playtime is going to be very high, pick the SK. In the middle, whichever of the 4.

Of course this doesn't substitute play style. The SK being the strongest molo'er is irrelivant if you don't want to play the class.

Also, once you get caught up, you wont be molo'ing much so you shouldn't make the decision based just on molo'ing.

Also don't forget on live servers the game is free to play. You can bring a free bard and a free wizard/druid with your SK and get port, haste, track, etc. Even if you don't play them, the 2 come with apprentice mercs you can use to help the 1 character you are playing. I love my FTP druid. I never play her, but she tagged along until she had all the port spells and now I just jump where ever I want to go.

Disclaimer: Of these 4 I box a mage and minimally mained a necro. I haven't played a beast and my statements about SKs are only based upon how good of a place they are in the game right now.
    Quatr likes this.
  4. Xenze Elder

Vumad touched on it pretty good. I noticed you named the 4 “pet” classes. Just a heads up, the SK pet isn’t really a true pet. Weakest of all 4 classes you mentioned.

Given that:

1) SK the potential to be the strongest of the 4 you mentioned. But also requires the most gear/work to get to that point
    2) Necro is probably the most “versatile” in what it’s able to pull off on its own. And one of the most impressive.
    3) Mage is the easiest to pick up on and the most straight forward. And the one id recommend for you
    4) Beastlord has been the most fun for me. And it being a hybrid class means there’s a big gap between a “good” BST and a “great” one
  5. Dilquan Augur

Funny, I too came back from OoW. I was still camped out up on a wall in WoS. =)
    Xenze likes this.