Overseer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jontrann, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Garrison Journeyman

Agreed. Especially your first point. Why are they wasting valuable Dev resources on something no one had asked for, or wants. They are completely out of touch with their core player base.
    Allayna likes this.
  2. Evye Augur

Did anyone mention how much it takes to send out a collector?
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I quite like Overseer, other half says it is similar to the away mission asignments they had in Star Trek.

Reward for merc exp wasn't huge but the needle moved and every little helps as they say, it isn't going to break anything by players getting that level of exp every 12 hours, i expect the normal exp to be similar. Tradeskill mats are ok don't give a lot and could gain a lot more by killing /foraging for a short time, but its a nice bonus for sending an agent off to do a mission (which could fail) for 6, 12 or 24 hours depending on the mission. With the limited number of each tradeskill item being awared, the quests rotating every X minutes, I can't see the marked being flooded with items.

I am interested in the Overseer collect item dispencer and the Overseer Ornamentation dispencer neither of which currently seem to be working on test, also interested to see what can be purchased from the currency.

As a way to catch up this could be a great addition to the game.

I'm just getting impatient waiting 12 hours for my next little bit of testing.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Pretty simple, select a quest, select which agents you want to use, hit the start quest button.

Initially you won't be able to some of the quests as you won't some of the agents.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I share a lot of the same concerns but like you I will wait to see what the full release does. If it helps folks catch up as it claims it may be a good thing even if I don't really care for it.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tucoh like this.
  6. svann Augur

How much what?
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

There's an option to speed up completion of the Overseer mission by paying Daybreak Cash.

Luckily, there's no indication they are locking power behind Overseer so far.
  8. Cicelee Augur

This feels like a way for you to log in daily, or multiple times a day, for a couple minutes and send someone on a quest and make it feel like you accomplished something.
    Annastasya likes this.
  9. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I don't think that's the point though. They have a formula that, to the best of their records can show, seems to be working. Rapid fire TLPs keep one section of the population engaged. Aging TLPs keep a second section of the population engaged. And live keeps a third section engaged.

If I had to guess, they are looking to implement something that will attract older players back to the game.

I think the concept is clever, but as with all things time will tell.
  10. Kolani Augur

I really like Barracks on WoW, it's a decent way to encourage people to keep checking in, it has that Farmville aspect to it that makes it work so well, and also encourages use of the mobile app. I'm worried that Darkpaw is implementing the worst possible variation of it though.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Benito like this.
  11. Evye Augur

So you can send out a collector for free?
    You dont have to pay them plat?
    Nennius likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The criticism against EQ2's Overseer is that they have locked some power (spell recipes) behind Overseer RNG. (I understand that EQ2 is more limited in population and revenue though). The EQ1 devs have been resistance to 'selling power' and, by all indications, Overseer is merely rewarding cosmetics, collectibles, merc AA, and TS mats.

I'd like to see old raid armor ornaments (e.g. Arx Mentis, Ondine ornaments) and maybe boosts for Tears of Alaris on the top end.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Cicelee Augur

Question- is this available only in game? And if so, is there a thought process or plan to make it go mobile? I could erase some other time wasting mobile games and replace them with Overseer
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

It is only available in game.
  15. Xanbar Augur

what are agents?
    what is meant by "sending them out"?
    what is gained by "sending them out"?
  16. Gio-Cefalu Augur

^^^This. I still haven't gone back and farmed the DoN raids or progression from expansions I wasn't around for. I really wish we could earn the heroic AAs and DoN raid rewards some other way. It's just a mind-numbing faction grind, mission grinding, etc. It's not "fun" going back to do those things, but it's often considered critical for your class (especially as a tank) to have to go back and complete that progression for those AAs and other rewards. I would love to have the Overseer system give us a way to accomplish this.
  17. Laronk Augur

You would still be able to farm them and then sell them they just wouldn't be as valuable
  18. Angahran Augur

GOOD!
    Coagagin likes this.
  19. mewkus Augur

Can someone on Test who's used this feature provide a description of what it is (in simple terms for someone who hasn't played EQ2 or WoW)?

Do you just log in, and start your autobot/overseer and tell it to go collect some tradeskill materials?
    Does it cost anything to send them out (plat? daybreak cash? loyalty points? quest currency?) ?
    Do they collect only items up to your current level, or can a level 80 character collect stuff from ToV?
    Does your autobot/overseer level up as you do some quest so that they can collect larger volumes of stuff?
  20. Grabatz Lorekeeper

Is it intentional that the dispenser-type rewards don't show up in my inventory when i choose them?
    Or am i looking in the wrong area?
    (On the test server in the current testing phase that is.)