Honestly should raid exp just be group exp? Guild EXPing in 72 man raids why not?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Angered, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Angered Augur

I know it sounds kinda odd but we all know the issues with exping in this game. Charm petting with enchanters is the only sane way to level until Luclin then you AOE things down! Melee quest becomes a thing and once OOW comes out well SUPER MELEE Quest etc.

Clearly you make raid exp zone wide if it isnt all ready! This could be a simple change that could add spice to the game we all ready love!

We all ready work together as guild mates when it comes to flagging / keying for zones why not take it to the next level!

Isn't the point of EQ at this point to play with the people who we have met over the years?

2. Runes Augur

Raid xp is fine from classic to PoP as far as I am concerned as I have not raided past PoP to know what the xp is in raid.

Raids from Classic to Pop are to take down bosses and mobs for gear, epics and keying and flagging and not for xp, that is what solo or small group play is intended.

The risk is so much more reduced in raids of dying, you should get far less xp reward.

Now if you want to beef up XP gained on certain bosses, that is ok but not across the board raid xp equals group xp.
  3. nostalgia Lorekeeper

dam imagine 6 boxing but really 72 boxing and lvl up all 72 of them by just playing 6 the explotation would huge then when all those 72 have reached maxed lvl then the botters could park their 72 characters where they need to and lvl the next 72 those kronos would come flying in, and so on and on.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

There is a good reason not to want raid exp because then you'll end up with toxic players really being able to bully casuals.

Post 75 though you're happy to find a partner to duo with, so go for it.
  5. Vitaulic Apprentice

As long as it was not faster than group or maybe 15% below I'd be fine with it.
  6. Dulu Augur

I mean.. this sounds like a dream scenario for multiboxers. No thank you.
  7. mark Augur

dulu somthing i agree with you hopefully we get 3 types of servers 2 blue one with boxing allowed on 1 pc and a pvp tlp with boxing allowed so youl have a greater number of subs and hopefully make it viable.
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  8. Dulu Augur

Thanks for the support, but if that's the option, I'd rather just leave EQ PvP dead.

I too hope they launch at least 2 new servers, one new PVE and one new PVP. :)
  9. Nolrog Augur

Why not? Because content isn't tuned around a "group" of 72 people. It's tuned around a group of 6 (perhaps even less). Having 72 people ripping through zones for the same experience as a group of 6 is a recipe for disaster.

There would be massive zone disruption as that swarm of PCs rolls thru and destroys everything in their path. There would also be significant down time because you would rip thru a zone in a few minutes and then have to sit 10-15 minutes waiting for respawns.
    Prathun and Skuz like this.
  10. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Oh Angered. I missed you :p
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works.
  12. Angered Augur

Ill honestly be in a guild and if were smashing an entire zone for exp that sounds like fun! Hanging out in discord with all the people we have met over the years! Not having to worry about needing or having an enchanter just 100% Murder fest! It kinda encourages us to play with each other! You would always have guild groups exping and you could just go to another part of the zone to join and help your guild level...

I HAVE SPENT 1000S OF HOURS IN LGUK KILLING FROGS WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IF IM IN A GROUP OF 6 WITH 4-7 CHARACTERS OUT OF GROUP SUPPORT VS BEING IN A RAID GETTING CREDIT FOR ANYTHING THAT DIES? NOTHING FROGS STILL DIE IM STILL SITTING HERE FOR 100000S OF HOURS HATING MY SELF OH LETS GO TO KUNARK I CANT WAIT TO SIT IN CHARDOK FOR ANOTHER 100000S GRINDING UNTIL I CAN NO LONGER FORCE MY SELF TO LOG IN! nO WERE SUPPOSE TO BE THE COMMUNITY GAME THAT SEPERATES US FROM GARBAGE WOW PLAYERS!

LEVELING WITH YOUR GUILD MAKING LEVELING FUN AND EASY YEAH THATS A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE IDEA! i CANT WAIT TO BE FORCED TO MAKE AN ENCHANTER JUST SO I SKIP SOME OF THE LEVELING PROCESS
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No
  14. Dexxeaa00 Elder

I think increasing group size to 7-8 instead of 6 would be epic.

Or if you start a raid with low members the experience shouldn't be destroyed.

Or get good exp for killing bosses .

Something like that
  15. Angered Augur

So either make all the dungeons private instances so you can spam farm them

or

Light blue Mob = 1 Blue Exp
    Blue Mob = 2 Blue Exp
    EvEn Mob 3 Blue exp
    Yellow Mob 4 Blue Exp
    RED mob 1 Yellow

Double , Triple or Quad for AA

Vote for Quad

Hell even sitting in a 72 private instance of LGUK with a guild getting bonus exp or just a simple pug isnt a bad idea either.. Kinda removes the whole "I can not get this item" Bot armies defeated and we would get a ton of people because you could get this everyone...

PLAN A LEGIT LEVELING DAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS / GUILD

We Start here at 7:00AM ... Camp Check Oh wait were the only ones here are we not the community game? Guilds and friends that can level where and when they want together??? NO WAY

WE REALLY NEED TO DO SOMETHING I have slain a lot of frogs and poor mobs in Kunark in the good old Phinny Exp.

Also as a bonus to getting kunark everyone can claim a VP Key! and all following IE Sleeper tomb key and allow both 1.0 / 2.0 for all of velious Luclin VT key awarded along with emp key! Pop Your elemental flagged hell even time who cares. Nothing from god , Signets from OOW , DO the don flagging its like 6 dreadful hours but you get the all the group missions, rewards and crystals your welcome, Dreadspire key and Demi plane access from the raids Minus queen) in por all must suffer then flagging from that point out. I mean why not?
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Maybe, oh this might be revolutionary, but maybe EverQuest is not the game for you?

Your posts generally seem to be very ME centric & don't consider the wider health of the game or how it affects other players, just yourself, and this "group of friends" you mention don't ever seem to post in support of your posts either so the audience for what you want also appears to be, well, just you & "maybe" your small circle of friends, newsflash this is not something the devs can or will do for such a small group of players.

Perhaps you would be best advised to try your hand at creating an emulated EverQuest server of your own with this super-niche mindset you possess being the central premise for it, or asking someone in that community to do this for you.

I think we all get it now, you really don't like XP'ing in EverQuest, you don't like having to go out & quest for keys or flags & all you want to do is show up to raids, get phat loot & do whatever it is that people with phat loot who don't like to XP or quest do, whatever that is, sleep I guess.

One of the things I think most players enjoy is the sense of achievement, of history, of nostalgia they get from EverQuest that they can't find on other more-streamlined or cookie-cutter games out there, which appears to be what you are looking to do to EverQuest, you don't really seem to grasp the merits of the "journey" of building a character.

Perhaps the best answer for you & your friends would be a server where you start off as a Level 70 player in TSS with all flags & keys up until that point already inventoried or on /keyring, kinda like Miragul but a little farther back in the game - or adding that as an option to live & TLP servers after TSS unlocks, perhaps as a cheaper version of Heroic Character.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

As a new server ruleset, a raid EXP is group EXP but you only get experience from yellow or red cons, would be a very interesting server.

Raiding Unrest at level 9 with about 40 characters trying to defeat ghouls with your only tank with a magic weapon and shiny brass shield getting that sweet sweet minor/light heal chain going?

As an event server, I think this could be quite fun and different. Long term it would be awful.

This server that ends in PoP and dumps into Agnarr would be great.
  18. Keebs New Member

While we are at it, lets also make it so level 1 snakes drop full sets of raid gear...since you want everything for nothing.
    Skuz likes this.