Overseer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jontrann, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Jontrann Augur

According to the producer's letter:

As an Overseer, you will be able to send out agents that you earn on Overseer Quests to gain rewards.

So its basically like mission tables from world of warcraft where you send followers out to gather items/exp for you?
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Yes, it's like Barracks on WoW.

It's already been implemented on EQ2 but Dreamweaver says the experience will be difference. I suspect EQ1's older engine won't allow for anything too fancy.

One of the criticisms on EQ2 is that the devs have locked key items (recipe books on EQ2) behind Overseer RNG. So far, it looks like the rewards on EQ will be cosmetic (ornaments) and bonuses (merc AA) according to Yinla's post in another thread.
  3. svann Augur

Checked it a bit on test. Looks like you can have them gather TS mats even up to current content. Did not see any coarse salt option though.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Elyssanda like this.
  4. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Is this going to be something plat farmers will be interested in?
  5. svann Augur

It could go either way really. May be that prices on some stuff go down if every account has 8 characters running overseers gathering stuff.
  6. Windance Augur

They already do this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Tried getting it on a second char and it doesn't work, not sure if it is account based or server based.
  8. Riou EQResource

No, the items aren't rare enough vs the time to make much off it unless f2p can use it and you make like 50 accounts

The most you can make is a like probably 200k collectible with the shortest mission being 6 hours (if you can get it to be high enough success rate to not fail and lose your agent or have your agent be put on cooldown for up to 72 hours)

The safest is probably the Tradeskill ones that are maybe like 50k if you get only 1 of each
  9. Riou EQResource

It is shared on account + server combo, if you server transfer nothing in the Overseer system transfers with you
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yes, and they'll be able to lock out all the players from using OverSeer! OMG!
  11. Tucoh Augur

Am withholding judgement until I try it, but I'm really apprehensive about systems like this for two reasons:

1. I don't like bonus systems that provide the player efficient means of increasing wealth while having no gameplay elements. As in, spending time in a boring menu clicking stuff is boring to me, especially if I feel compelled to do it because it's the best use of my time.
    2. I don't like adding shortcuts to wealth generation that eliminate elements of player economy. If I can send out an agent to farm velious pelts, that eliminates the ability for a player to go farm those pelts and sell them to me.
    Brilhasti, Risiko, Xeladom and 2 others like this.
  12. svann Augur

Reward seems kind of meh. 6 hour quest got me 1 raw velium ore and 2 infused velium silk and a few other mats I didnt count. Yea it was 6 hours I didnt have to do anything but still. Then again maybe they get better with time.
  13. Soulsiphon Elder

I hope its not tradeskill items. But This system seems awesome if it is for things like

1. Tears of Alaris and other super super long quest items.
    2. Maybe some progression Items/AAs from previous expansions that are required for raiding, but nothing in the last 3 expansions. I Think the last 3 expansions should be the starting point for catching up.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Thanks for the info ! :)
  15. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

6 hour and 12 hour missions will not attract plat farmers in any way.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I know they are probably limited in the number of different reward options they offer but it would be nice if this Overseer system added some other options.

Other expansion tradeskill items.
    • OOW has a bunch of very rare tradeskill components you need in large numbers for various recipes. Things like Pyrilen Flames, Gelidran Ice, Lightning Core, Essence of Discord, Feran Blood, Murkglider Blood, Bazu Blood
    • OOW Tradeskill Augments for cutting
    • PoP has a bunch of tradeskill combines with some of the rarer components being tedious to obtain.
    • Global gems like Taafeite, Harmonagate, Prestidigitase, and Staurolite you need 100+ of each to learn JC recipes, having a reward including some combination of these would be nice.
    • -- I am sure there are some other rare tradeskill items from prior expansions I am forgetting that would be nice to get grouped together in a reward option?
    Older Group currency. The loyalty vendor already offers currencies from DoN to SoD. Perhaps this could serve as the venue for Underfoot+ currencies (fits well since its level 85+)
    • Bag of McKenzie's Special Brew (SoD/UF)
    • Bag of Silver Tokens (UF)
    • Bag of Gold Tokens (UF)
    • Bag of Brellium Tokens (UF)
    • Bag of Dream Motes (HoT)
    • Bag of Marks of Valor (CotF)
    • Bag of Pieces of Eight (TDS)
    • Bag of Remnant of Tranquility (TBM)
    • Bag of Sathir Trade Gems (EoK)
    • Bag of Bathezid Trade Gems (RoS)
    • Bag of Fettered Ifrit Coins (TBL)
    • Bag of Frostone Ducats (ToV)
    Fragments of Legendary Alaran History as a reward option would be great also.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I'd love to see Arx Mentis and Ondine armor ornaments as a possible rewards on Overseer.
  18. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Have been offered for a very long time on the loyalty vendor. Also most of the other more current stuff (like Marks of Valor, Remnants of Tranq etc.) are very easy to get.

As far as the tradeskill drops, this system should not be used to correct world drop issues (like OoW stuff). If there is a problem with world drops, FIX THE WORLD FIRST.

It's fine for another system to give a little bonus for basically logging in. But you should not be able to advance in the game (by acquiring currency) or have an easy button for tradeskills without play. There are already too many incentives for folks to ignore others.
    Aanuvane, feeltheburn and Duder like this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I got 2 valium pelts, 8 silks, 180 fish scales, 1 of a lot of different rogue poison stuff. Cant remember what else I got I think there was wood, vegetables and some other stuff.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Incentive to ignore others? I mean as far as tradeskills go the journey from 300-350 already encourages this. It’s a bunch of grey con farming. The only time you interact with others is when they are clearing the zone you wanted to clear.

Overseer is also a part of the game. Sure combat may not be involved but you are playing the game by partaking in the Overseer system.
    Nennius and Gyurika Godofwar like this.