EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradisic_parasite Elder

Could we make it a teams based server? Rallos rule set is not that fun. Teams based without level restrictions a la Sullon preferred.
    ECrack likes this.
  2. Stagentti Augur

Appreciate the response and perspective. I find the politics really intriguing.

I bet some PVE TLP people will have a hard time adjusting lol.
    ECrack likes this.
  3. Machen New Member

This was really only true on Rallos Zek. On the team servers, it was a constant blood bath, especially if you tried to enter areas controlled by a different faction.
    ECrack likes this.
  4. ECrack Augur

Honestly, I can't speak for the team servers. Speculation only. I only played Rallos Zek. But I've heard a lot of good things about the team servers.
  5. Stagentti Augur

Except for when our "good team" Lord and Saviour Fansy was around!
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Team based is awful. Either you get the xteaming that ruined Tallon/Vallon or you get the level capped raid geared player camping level 15s. Neither is interesting. FFA is much better.
  7. That0neguy Augur

Wait. I was told my the leader of the PVP Movement that the movement had agreed on a ruleset already.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The best ruleset is blue with priests of discord available to enable PvP for those interested.
    Risiko likes this.
  9. Titanuk88 Elder

tlp pvp would be something fun and new

tired of the same old progress servers
  10. Magic Augur

Why noone play on P1999 red?
    50-60 ppl max online there.
  11. Barder-mangler Augur

Uhh because its a private server which eliminates 90% + players right off the bat, and the fact thats its stale and has no one playing on it anymore...kinda self explanatory lol. Tbh I think a pvp TLP would only have a shelf life of about 1-2 years, but thats all most servers are good for anyway, so whats the difference. A concurrent launch with a FV TLP would be ideal, because it wouldn't detract from the regular playerbase that typically comes back, and would capture a different/additional demo. I think a pvp tlp would capture a 3-5k playerbase on launch and probably hold steady upwards of 1-2k for at least 1 year.
    Brawl and Dulu like this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I haven't been toxic, unless simply disputing things or arguing against them rationally & logically is toxic to you, which if it is true would say a lot more about you than me.

I am not sure why you think I am being "lofty", I'm not trying to be, it's just that I put my hard earned money into this game the same as most here and I am just looking out for the game I passionately enjoy so yeah I feel I have a dog in the fight so to speak, and evidently my opinions matter to some, or they wouldn't have bothered replying in the first place or engaging in debate with me, but hey nice try at dismissing me & my concerns, I'm not going away just to please you though.
    Vitaulic likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Perhaps we misunderstood each other due to lack of detail or elaboration on some key points.

I took what you said earlier to mean you & others didn't want PvP "the way it is now not the way it used to be" to mean you didn't want to PvP with "today's" EQ code & wanted some earlier code version that you recall from days gone by - that was perhaps because you hadn't really elaborated very much on what you were actually looking for or what it was you didn't like about today's code version of EQ.

From the post above, where you DO elaborate, it seems what you had actually meant to say was that you didn't want to play on Zek or Agnarr because of how much later in the expansions they are & how high level the players there would be or could be & that what you wanted is a fresh sever where everyone not only starts at the same level but where each expansion beyond classic was still going to be locked for a while as per a time-locked progression server, and that way it would offer a more level starting field to begin playing & competing on.

I have said on multiple posts now that I am not against a TLP PvP server IF & it's a very big IF one caveat is met: that there actually is a community of players of sufficient numbers to justify a new TLP being PvP, and there needs to be a lot more than just hot air, talk, tons of posts from a small handful of very vocal advocates.

I'm open to seeing how the "show up on Zek" event on February 29th turns out.

Now I don't personally think that's the best server to show up on because it is a Free to Play enabled one, Absor suggested it as it's the only remaining PvP server & he basically said (I'm paraphrasing here) that if you want to show DBG (now DPG) you are serious then you need to have enough players actively playing there to justify a PvP TLP server, I later have suggested Agnarr (so have others) my rationale being that since to roll up on there you need to be an all access subscriber which is what any TLP would also require of the players & showing up on Agnarr in big numbers would show who was willing to actually pay for a PvP TLP server to be opened.

In summary, I remain completely unconvinced as I do not see any evidence of a lot of PvP Players willing to pay to play on a new PvP TLP, just a lot of noise & hot air.

But, good luck with the movement, maybe you can convince the devs.
  14. Maneuvre Augur

[IMG]
  15. Stagentti Augur

15 minutes to go.

Zek at low pop.

10 Live servers at medium or higher.
  16. Dulu Augur

17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

4 live servers and 1 tlp server at high with zek still at low
  18. mark Augur

i do wish that darkpaw launched a pvp server next week or in a month before they launch the new tlps,make it a 3 month event server if it works keep it going if not shut it down
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

In the illustrious gaming history of moments you have to say "sorry but that just doesn't cut it" to I think this image will burn for a long time as being an example.

If you think this is enough players to even support one guild let alone a whole server you really need your eyes tested, or your rose tinted glasses taken away from you.
    Jontrann and code-zero like this.
  20. mark Augur

looking forward to the next pve tlp and everquest 3 where il be 6 boxing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.