How much content is enough for you?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Cicelee Augur

Every expansion comes with complaints from players that there is not enough content for them. While not everyone agrees with this sentiment, it does happen.

So if TOV, TBL, ROS, etc did not provide enough content... what do you think that content should be? Try to answer the following questions in your responses-

1. How many zones

2. How many group missions

3. How many major quests, such as the current Rallos earring or the Cresta earring prior

4. How many raids

Just curious to see the variety of answers...
  2. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

100, 100, 100, 100.

Is what the complainers will say.

I will say that I'm generally happy with the level of content because I've taken breaks from eq throughout the years, so there's always older content that I still need to do. If I was on the bloody bleeding edge of everything, like some people, then maybe I'd feel differently. Also, I have like 5 alts to gear up and do things for, too, so .... plenty of stuff to do in the content we have.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

ToV would be perfect for my main as a 6 month expansion, but the extra 6 months means I get to do some stuff on the far too many alts I have and I also get to dabble on TLP servers. :)

I'm pretty happy with the content we got. :) Anniversary will be busy, I got years of quests to get done on the new alts. :)
  4. Paradisic_parasite Elder

At least twice the content in ToV.
    Cadira and Sancus like this.
  5. Cadira Augur

Wait, there was a new expansion launched this year?
  6. Tucoh Augur

RoS and TBL were good enough, content quantity wise. ToV was so small and so easy I didn't even use the full month

Maybe I'm alone in this, but EQ has a huge trove of content that I wish DPG would re-use. I'd love to see hardcore heritage-type zones used both periodically throughout the year and at expansion release. You don't really need totally new gear and quests in zones for them to be high-quality content for players, just release a zone with a mix of easy and challenging mobs and have it drop current expansion gear with a few bonus items and some named with a new hunter achievement.

I don't know what the cost is to make a HH zone, but imagine ToV but in addition to the 7 zones we have, we had the rest of the below zones (minus Thurg, Icewell, ToV and Skyshrine). No quests, no collections, no missions, no new mobs, no new art, just the below zones with some hunter achievements for the new named.
    [IMG]

But you don't even need to do it for similar themed zone, you could just grab random zones and keep the playerbase having fun. It was hard to run through Relic during TBL and not think, "Man I'd love to spend some time in this zone hunting some named mobs"

[IMG]
    Nadisia, Daedly and Sancus like this.
  7. Daedly Augur

Picking old zones that contain quests and tradeskill items that are used in current expansion would be a good place to start. Hell, I wouldn't even care if they added new gear, they could just up the mob level for a different place to exp in.
    Tucoh likes this.