type 18/19 augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zataos, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I get that you probably put all of 10 seconds of thought into your reply but we're testing accuracy, not DPS. Therefore, the # of swings and hit ratio is more relevant here than duration.

I could do a 30,000 second parse, but if I only swung once, that wouldn't give me a statistically relevant sample size. There are between 1000-1300 swings in a 300 second parse which, yes, is an actual approximation (my tests had a cumulative of 10,990 swings).

I'm not sure what you mean. My accuracy stat doesn't change with or without the augs equipped (207).
    Cadira likes this.
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Does anyone know if the Ventral/Dorsal defense augs stack? The mitigation from front/back. I know you can't stack 2 front augs or 2 back augs, but does anyone know if you can stack 1 of each?
    Yinla likes this.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If you think 1000-1300 swings is in any way representative then you need to learn more about this game and basic math. You're trying to tease out a representative parse of a 1-2% accuracy difference and you think that is good enough?

And you obviously don't get it, as the mod2 accuracy value has zero to do with anything.

Try hovering over the second number behind the slash after ATK on your stat page and see what it says.
  4. svann Augur

group lore rallos zek acolyte's defense.
  5. Szilent Augur

your accuracy isn't 207. that's the boost to your accuracy that comes from heroic stats. your accuracy is here:

[IMG]
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

That is one of those pointless stats though. It doesn't mean anything. You can guess that it means your accuracy is improving but it really doesn't give you any solid numbers to tell you how much it is adding.
  7. svann Augur

round and round the mulberry bush...
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Szilent Augur

The only statistics that have concrete "meaning" are nearly-worthless like +kick damage.

You can check on the efficacy of everything else, or you can believe those that have, or you can just get angry that everyone else is better than you at advancing their characters' performance in EQ. Dismissing consideration of anything you don't understand is unlikely to open any other options.
    Duder, Dewhead and menown like this.
  9. Lubianx Augur

I think he meant using 1 Rallos Zek and 1 Blazing Euphoria/Whispering.

I would say that they would likely stack as they are 2 totally different effects.
  10. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Thanks for the clarification.

It's really neat that you're a "gut feeling" kind of guy, but you're still wrong. These equations are straightforward algebra and can be iteratively simmed in a few seconds with a script. There are many parsing apps for MMOs that do this very same thing.

Do you honestly think developers are testing their mechanics by sitting in front of a screen and watching a character swing for a day? For some reason I imagine you frantically scrolling up trying to manually add every hit and miss you see.

But since this is a "data" thread and for some reason people might think you know what you're talking about, here's a new parse using your highly-informed interval (3,028 seconds, for good measure):

Both Augs
    -- DMG: 154577955
    -- DPS: 51016
    -- Scaled: 51016
    -- Backstab: 64447731
    -- Pierce: 49322330
    -- Crush: 40807894
    -- % dmg as normal: 100%
    -- Non-crit rate: 100%
    -- Attempts: 18126
    -- Hits: 13664
    -- Missed: 4462
    -- Accuracy: 75.4%
    -- Avg Hit: 11312
    -- Max hit: 61444
    -- DMG to PC: 0

Just Devotee
    -- DMG: 151215808
    -- DPS: 49906
    -- Scaled: 49906
    -- Backstab: 62716340
    -- Pierce: 49124363
    -- Crush: 39375105
    -- % dmg as normal: 100%
    -- Non-crit rate: 100%
    -- Attempts: 18118
    -- Hits: 13422
    -- Missed: 4423
    -- Accuracy: 75.6%
    -- Avg Hit: 11266
    -- Max hit: 61444
    -- DMG to PC: 0

In case you forgot, the original 300 second sample produced the following respective results:

Both - 75.5% total accuracy (300 seconds) vs 75.4% (3028 seconds)
    Devotee Only - 75.6% total accuracy (300 seconds) vs 75.6% (3028 seconds)

Every individual's results will vary based on their base stats and I more than welcome any real data or math for/against the efficacy of these augs.
    Tucoh, Cadira and svann like this.
  11. Cloud the Third Augur

HP, Mana, End, HP regen, Mana regen, End regen, Haste all have concrete meaning.

And a 5 min parse is pretty meaningless, you really need to do more like an hour parse to get a better way to compare. Based on your 5 min parse it does seem like the item is pretty worthless. I mean some of the other 19/18 augs I have looked at do have worthless procs the one for basic attack that does a 3k nuke procs so rarely that over 500 mobs killed it amounted to less than 0.1% of my total damage done. I think my pares over a 150 mob set had it proc only like 20 times or something.
  12. josh Augur

It sounds like there might be a bug in the accuracy stat display. Both effects are worn, they are the same SPA and they are the same slot. They shouldn't stack. If having both on boosts your display accuracy twice, that's probably just a bug.

Disregarding that potential bug, the accuracy stat is accurate and useful. You can use it to determine a mobs avoidance ac, and from there you can determine what an increase in your accuracy will do against mobs with that avoidance ac.

Here's an example. My bard has an unbuffed accuracy of 1174. I attack a combat dummy from behind and i hit him 78.8% of the time. i can determine his avoidance ac with this formula

50 *(X/1174) = 21.2%.

X being the mobs avoidance ac and 21.2% being my miss chance.

So, solving for X gives it an avoidance AC of 493...its probably just 500 and my parse just wasn't totally accurate. Based on some other parses i think dummies have an avoidance ac of 500. i actually think every mob might have 500 avoidance ac but not sure, hard thing to prove, especially on raids.

I hit quick time and my accuracy stat bumps up to 2230. The parse shows my accuracy to be about 89.3% or 10.7% chance to miss and with the formula

50 * (500/2230) = 11.2%

A longer parse would be more accurate, and the formula probably isn't perfect, but it's close enough to give you an idea of what we are working with.

eyes of the hunter gives 120 accuracy

50 * (500/1294) = 19.3%

eyes of the hunter and quick time

50 * (500/2458) = 10.2%

This is all further confused by the fact that there are avoidance AC debuffs as well, but still, you can get a general idea
    Daedly and Xyphen like this.
  13. Szilent Augur

I haven't posted any parses yet, but I am investigating it some tonight, again. So far my first hour runs of "full augs" and "full augs + Eyes Tribute" reduced misses from 8.2% to 7.7%. I put on Quick Time to get more hits in (roughly 18.3k swings in each hour), that may have been a mistake as its Increase Chance To Hit effect may make other effects seem small. There's not much cost to running more samples without it later on, after doing permutations of augs with it, so we'll see.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  14. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Except those aren't augs. :)
  15. Tucoh Augur

The idea that the accuracy stat isn't a true indicator of accuracy is disconcerting. Thanks to the folks doing the parsing. Xyphen's approach seems correct and if devotee produced a 1% hit rate increase, it should he noticeable again in a 3000sec or 18k swing parse.
  16. Sancus Augur

No, that's only a thing for buffs. Worn effects with the same SPA in the same slot stack perfectly fine (see Necro Epic 2.0 + 2.5), if they use an SPA that stacks.

I'm not opining on whether it's working/not working, but it isn't related to the effects being in the same slot.
    Kuvani and Hellowhatsyourname like this.
  17. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Are you a lawyer?

Have you evaluated the fact pattern?
  18. Szilent Augur

so far
    all parses > 1h
    buncha buffs, notably including Quick Time, but that doesn't appear to have obscured anything
    I had spare junky Whispering & Blazing augs to trade out those Attackers without changing stats at all. For obvious reasons, I don't have spare Acolyte

Whispering+Blazing+Acolyte augs & Eyes of the Hunter, 7.7% misses
    Whispering+Blazing+Acolyte augs, 8.2% misses
    Blazing+Acolyte augs, 8.6% misses
    just Acolyte aug, 9.1% misses

pattern's pretty clearly established. I put an inspectbuffs in my log file, but I'm unlikely to revisit the test just for Devotee augs when I gettem.

Accuracy mods work. Just like they did last year.
    Thunderkiks, menown, Cadira and 2 others like this.
  19. menown Augur

Moral of the story: don't judge based on 1 person's parse.
    Sancus likes this.
  20. Petalonyx Augur

Is this a correct summary for the laypeople?

>Type 18 and 19 accuracy augs all stack. Together, they would generally be expected to increase melee hits and therefore melee hit dps by approximately 1-2 percent.