type 18/19 augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zataos, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Zataos Journeyman

can any one tell me if augs like Rallos Zek Acolyte's Defense stack with the tbl of the same ones is there even any way to track your soft cap?
    same with the incoing healing and attack ones i jsut like to know what augs i should be looking to have on
  2. Szilent Augur

The effect of AC softcap increasing is plain in the displayed AC number. Whispering & Blazing Defender focuses were worth ~25 & 35ac respectively, the Acolyte & Devotee focuses can be expected at ~30 & 40ac. They all stack. Ditto "Attacker" augs with their +accuracy focus.

incoming-healing focus does not stack. as a focus effect on spells, it's like other worn focuses "best works"
    Sancus likes this.
  3. Zataos Journeyman

ok i just took out my Rallos Zek Acolyte's Defense i went down 38 ac so maybe im not understanding what you mean but that feels more like the 20 ac on the aug and the hagility on the aug
  4. Szilent Augur

You're probably not a warrior to get a total of 38, but the number sounds right. If you're a knight, then the aug's base 20ac gets chopped to 7ish by the usual over-softcap multiplier, and you gain a couple from the aug's hStats. And then about 30 from the focus effect.

To isolate the difference of just the focus, swap the aug with another that has the same base stats. 20ac 180hp & 5hStats matches last year's Whispering Midnight augs, you may have a superfluous Warding or Protecting aug hanging around to swap.
  5. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I get that the numbers shown change, but I'm just wondering if more accuracy results in more dps.... there's a really old thread around here that says accuracy is capped at +150. But I don't think that's ground truth anymore.
  6. Szilent Augur

different number. without bothering to look for it because it's not this number, that thread is assuredly talking about the heroic mod.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Against level appropriate mobs, yes, accuracy is significant from my own parsing. Unlike +attack which boosts the damage you do on a hit, there are precious few ways to increase your accuracy. I haven't parsed how much the accuracy from these augs helps my ber/war though, my guess would be modest to the point of being difficult to parse, but who knows.
  8. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I'm running a ranger main in a top 10 raiding guild, so... I'll give it a go.
  9. Zataos Journeyman

it was a warrior that i did that on . so i did a wap of acolyt's def and whispering midnight and itsa different of 5 ac so that shows tat a 1% soft cap inscrease is 5ac . ok then i took the augs in and out with and with out each other in they give the same stas so that proves the stacking to me thanks for the help
  10. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Not sure if you meant TBL Attacker + ToV Attacker accuracy stacking, but from my parses the ToV Devotee and Acolyte +accuracy augs don't seem to stack:

300 second parses w/ 115 Rogue:
    Neither - 71% total accuracy, 90.7% backstab, 68.4% mainhand, 72.5% offhand @ 63,019 dps
    Acolyte - 72.7% total accuracy, 91.8% backstab, 69.7% mainhand, 72.2% offhand @ 62,649 dps
    Both - 75.5% total accuracy, 93.2% backstab, 72.7% mainhand, 74.9% offhand @ 65,810 dps
    Devotee - 75.6% total accuracy, 94.1% backstab, 72.4% mainhand, 75.2% offhand @ 68,228 dps

I ran the variations a few times, and Devotee with Acolyte was consistently within margin of just the Devotee. I would be more than happy to be wrong, though.
    Hellowhatsyourname and Cadira like this.
  11. Paradisic_parasite Elder

You can literally watch the accuracy stat go up in your stats window though.
  12. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

That's helpful, thank you. I might just have to parse it myself to make sure... since the two TBL +accuracy augs (one group + one raid) and two ToV +accuracy augs (one group + one raid) are tempting to try to stack.
  13. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

This wouldn't be the first, second, or even the 50th time that reality didn't match what was observed in the UI.
  14. svann Augur

If it doesnt match there is a possibility that the window is right and the implementation is bugged.
  15. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

That's a very "glass half full" approach! I like it!
  16. Ashian Augur

As someone that is currently wearing all 4 augs ... this would be nice to know.

How awesome would it be if I wasted my “Precious” ore making augs that don’t stack?
  17. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

You mean you have one type 19 aug and one type 18 aug? Because the augs themselves are lore, so you can't have two "precious" type 18 augs of the same type.
  18. Derka Power Ranger

I think precious was a play on words lol
  19. Szilent Augur

Precious...Precious.

[IMG]
    Yinla, menown and enclee like this.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

A 300 second parse is worth nothing.

Make it a 3000 second parse for each setup and that might show an actual approximation.