An FV rule set discussion please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Crabman, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Stagentti Augur

Have fun. Not going to feed further into your trolling and trying to derail the convo.
  2. Aaxxandum Journeyman

Elaborate please? what was garbage about it ?
  3. Runes Augur

I think people have been pushing for a FV type server for years.
    HoodenShuklak and Visitor2020 like this.
  4. Zansobar Augur

Aye and along with the FV live server being perennially the most populated live server you would think the devs would get the hint and lose the Blizzard "you think you want it, but you don't" mindset.
  5. Stagentti Augur

I always figured maybe they don't have the original code to do it or they know it might be popular to the point people won't leave for a fresh new one. Which is where they make a lot of money.
  6. Balthen Lorekeeper

This has much more upside potential than any other TLP suggestion being floated.
  7. Iove Elder

As new servers coming soon, big request for Darkpaw Games - please make one of them FV-loot TLP (with AoC)! This server will be successful even with slow exp (more exp pot sales!) and please don't delay start of new servers to summer, end of march - middle of april will be a best!
  8. Mrjon3s Augur

How much work would it be to make it so after an expansion unlocks the old loot is tradeable. So no drop Kunark stuff would become tradeable in Velious and so on.
  9. kenmei Augur

Ahh but if it was true-box deity pvp, do you really think the krono farmers could be successful in that arena?
  10. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

You PvP guys need to stick to your dedicated megathread. If that isn't getting the popularity you want it is likely because there just isn't much interest in EQ PvP. I, for one, am sick of seeing you folks injecting yourselfs in other discussions.
  11. Darkenr Elder

They have the code to put in free trade onto a server. The short term OOW themed server that now turned into Brekt always had free trade enabled. My personal guess is that they're carefully choosing the timing of when to play that hand of a free trade TLP because I'm sure they know that it's a big winning hand so I'm sure they'll want to capitalize on it at the right time.

Although it sure would be nice to have a free trade TLP to come up within a month or two during the COVID-19 scare so we all can cash in on "self quarantine" time due to the mass hysteria. ;)
  12. Fraggly Augur

IMO? Yes, if it was even the slightest bit popular.....yes they would. There will always be a group of players on any server that can simply play more often than others and want to be good, the best, or in the case of PvP just dump on people for no reason other than they can for lulz. Some will find a way to bot. As soon as the crowd that can only play for 3-4 hours a night spends it all LFG, running to a camp, and getting smashed by someone, bot or not, looking to plat/Krono farm a value item they probably won't return to that camp and just Krono it or quit entirely.

There will be elitists on PvP servers that want to /flex on casuals.
    There will be casuals that want items to not be the worst.

DO YOU DISAGREE?

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
  13. Fredescu Augur

I don't know, but I think that would be a good way to do it if it's a classic start TLP. Turn on free trade for past expansions but not the current one. I think it would be pretty complicated to implement though,
  14. Aiona Augur

This! ^^

I have a dozen old school players that I am sure would come back to share this experience. I would also never leave such a server!
  15. Crabman Augur

Love this idea!!!
  16. Typucm Elder

Yes its nice, but i still prefer standard FV-loot rules.
    Anyway this better than nothing, but i afraid it will delay launch of FV TLP for a long time. Standart Free-trade server shoud be no problem for DPG as Brekt launched very fast, and i still hope to see new servers mid spring at least (sooner them launch new TLP (s) - better for me).
  17. Crabman Augur

I do agree. I am all for a TLP opening sooner rather than later. Just in the spirit of making everyone happy, the hardcore players can still make sure theyre stats are better than everyones and they can make a profit off their old gear, while more casual players get all the perks of free trade that have been talked about.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

From my perspective as a software guy... it sounds like a nightmare.
  19. kenmei Augur

I appreciate your exciting fonts.
    Pvp deity EQ I have played. Tech was a bit more challenging, but we did have 1 newt ranger with 5 wiz on follow, evil had their boxers, good had none (cuz..good).
    We also had some stellar elite teams, which moved onto SWG/DAoC after the server was broken up (still dont have that answer).
    Those elite teams..never had an upper hand for long. They started wars for the most part, cuz.. someone has to eventually... it was 24/7, that was the job.
    Those elite teams on DAoC had to use radar and cheat, but still never held anything for long.
    WRHammer same thing..in fact any PvP team game (non-p2w) based I have been part of has never has an elitist pvp team ever control anything...you are thinking pve/p2w Perfect World based games maybe. but not skill based team pvp, no. In fact elitist pvp teams know better than to make themselves known, as it just makes their win count plummet. Ill even go as far as 2 years spent i Aika a p2w team pvp game of yore (political pvp too) and we had a rebel faction made just for destroying elitist p2w whales, fun times.
    So if you believe Krono farmers are gonna run the table on a pvp tlp I think you are sorely mistaken. In fact the closest they are gonna get is maybe hire some guards for a bit, but them guards are gonna get tired of their names dragged thru the mud and getting destroyed daily eventually.
    but I would truly, in every respect, ask you to make your side happen, if you truly believe it to be true. Help make the pvp TLP a reality and show us all how much better skilled krono farmer players are heads and tails above the rest of us lowly degenerate pvp players.
  20. Fraggly Augur

The font is literally the same. I made the text bigger for you to see but clearly it didn't work so well.

You reference games literally designed and balanced around team based pvp from the beginning to back up how it will work during classic EQ in 2020. None of the games you mentioned were designed without teams in mind, as such the teams are considered balanced for the most part. IDK if you just choose to ignore that or don't see it for some reason.
    If you believe Evil wouldn't be the more popular choice and the best Evil players wouldn't run rampant on value camps i think you are sorely mistaken. Agree to disagree and just wait to see what the next TLPs are!