EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I love how you told someone to get their facts straight, while having yours all twisted.
  2. Brawl Elder

Not that I really care but..

It seems to me like everyone had an equal opportunity to do the same but ... guess what?

Cry more.
    ECrack likes this.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You're right, my bad. Resolution woke him prior to the Zek attempt, realized it was bugged and gated out.
  4. Dulu Augur

Scared money don't make money.

Them pvp bois on Rallos Zek weren't scared, and handled their business. Big props.

Pvp bois better at PVE too. :rolleyes:

[IMG]

Read the full story here:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16490
    ECrack likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I shall attempt to point out exactly what I responded to yet again - see the pink text below.

So you said in your own words that the people who you were talking to would come back to play on a TLP PvP server even though they don't play because of how PvP is now - that is a pretty evident self-contradiction or are you simply not cognitively aware of how those two things contradict each other?
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Imagine being so salty about this you can't even deal with the facts.
  7. Dulu Augur

No one wants another live "Zek" server.

We want a classic TLP PvP server.

I feel pretty comfortable posting this now, after our meeting last night.

Basic requirements of a PvP TLP server:

-Truebox, preferably the most enforced Truebox experience to date (Aided by volunteer GM's)
    -3 Team Based, Hardcoded (No trading/Talking/Grouping with enemy teams) with an announcement that these rules may change due to population demands. If one faction outnumbers the other 2, we can merge the weak 2. If population dies out, we can enable FFA and let everyone group together.
    -Only player coin is lootable, and only lootable by the player who earned the killing blow. No gear, inventory, bank etc can be looted. Only the coins on the player at the time. A player's 'coin', or 'ear' with their name, level, and deity they worship/team they are on could also be another cosmetic/fun item that is lootable from a player. This item can be linked in chat.
    -No server-wide announcements when players earn a kill.

-Expansion progression stops at Planes of Power at the LATEST, no LDoN or LoY. Luclin or Velious would be preferable, but PoP is acceptable.
    -QOL changes on PvE TLP's are fine. (No one is bothered by Daybreak removing corpse runs, adding parcels, and soulbinder's being in the game earlier than official timeline. Not a dealbreaker. But we are fine with the removal of Soulbinders/Parcels, and addition of corpse runs)
    -Agent of Change enabled
    -Instanced /picks disabled (One persistent world)

Timeline:

The core of EQ PvP is in the original trilogy. Expansion releases should reflect this.

Day 0: TLP PvP Releases
    Day 60: Ruins of Kunark Releases
    Day 180: Scars of Velious Releases
    Day 300: Shadows of Luclin Releases
    Day 390: Planes of Power Releases
    No further expansion.

This timeline would put the life of the server in the range of Kunark - Velious for as long as possible. The prime of Everquest PvP. (4 months of Kunark, 4 months of Velious respectively, while only 2 months of Vanilla and 3 months of SoL before the PoP final expansion).
    Brawl likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I know, and that "classic PvP" doesn't exist is what I said, the classic code does't sit in some draw on a few dusty old floppy-disks.

What you CAN have is a TLP PvP using the current era game code, expansion locked to whatever your TLP PvP community as a whole thinks works best for them (PoP seems a good suggestion), this again is another reason why I suggested Agnarr so many times before to PvP advocates.

"Classic PvP" if that is what you want would have to be something either you or some other enthusiast code team would create for you as an experience, which is why I suggested the P99 crew.
  9. wildone Elder

the ultimate pvp expirence i have ever had was we had 3 xbox with halo and 9 controlers in the same house,had a bachelor pad back then with a swimming pool that was real pvp had a couple of friends taking swings at each other after getting killed in game that was pvp not everquest which i was playing at the time as a pve game.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Your projection is showing.
  11. Dulu Augur

We have been in direct talks with the Project 1999 team.

We're going wherever makes the best product. I have no qualms with playing on P99, I've been a member of that community for 10+ years now.

No one is arguing that the code should be exactly the same as 2001~. We understand the TLP's have changes. No one here has said #NoChanges or anything like that. We will play a TLP, with quirks and all, but I'd rather have this conversation with Darkpaw before we throw our hands up and say it can't be done.
    ECrack likes this.
  12. wildone Elder

no guilds will be on the pvp tlp server these year because there wont be a pvp tlp these year.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Someone inferred it:

And then contradicted themselves right after:

14. Brawl Elder

Cool. Most sports are also good real PvP games. Were you playing from the swimming pool or something?
  15. Dulu Augur

Here is the map/race breakdown for my proposed 3-teams PvP server:

[IMG]

Remember, if Good/Neuts get krump'd by Evil, like some predict - we can merge Good/Neutral teams, and have a 2 team server.

If/when population eventually dies off, we can switch to a FFA ruleset and let everyone group together.
  16. wildone Elder

true but in cricket and football we cant blow them up or snipe them like you can in a video game and nothing his better then a bbq with a cold one and a swim in the pool.
  17. Uesce Journeyman

"We want highly enforced truebox" literally never going to happen. Especially with volunteer GM's lmao
    Meridian likes this.
  18. Dulu Augur

Why? It worked beautifully on P99.

It worked on live back in the glory days of Everquest. It works in World of Warcraft.
  19. Warpeace Augur

Simply put...

Not P99
    The glory days are dead and gone
    Not WoW

Real answer, Darkpaw does not have the staff to suddenly provide 24/7 GM support to this one server while continuing to ignore the plea for GM support on all their existing servers.

As an edit they use to have volunteer guides, sort of like your proposing. However there are very few remaining and not getting replaced as far as I know. There are occasional guide events held on some servers.
  20. Dulu Augur

Darkpaw is a brand new studio.

Give them a chance to prove themselves. Let's not assume they are as incompetent as the last couple studios running the show.

Appointing Guides (exactly what I am talking about, not 'sort of like') is an easy, FREE fix to a very real problem.

People don't like playing with hackers and cheaters, and if we don't have the technical ability to stop them, we can police them with in-game guides.

And respectfully (not 100% directed at you), I'm done addressing the "It's impossible", "It won't happen", etc. crowd. I'd like to move on. If you don't think it's a possibility, just move along, but I'd like to address the fine points of the proposed PvP TLP at this point, and I'm going to try to only engage with people who want to talk about a PvP server, not whether or not in their non-expert opinion, it's possible.
    Brawl and ECrack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.