Can we get a hate reducing melee aug?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by feigntrain, Feb 24, 2020.

1. feigntrain Elder

I understand that Mages are to blame for MOTM and making pet hate transfer to owner. However, this is not a mechanic that was originally in the game, and Beastlords don't have any way to drop hate. Rogues get Evade, Monks get Feign Death, Rangers get Jolt, Bards get Fade, even Berserkers get Divertive Strike. And yeah, I know Beastlords eventually get Feign Death and an AA to modify one of the strikes to drop hate, but that's not until waaaay later.

It makes sense why Beastlords didn't have anything like this in the past, they didn't need it. But now that pet hate transfers to the owner, and they still have no way to counter this, something should be changed. Melee Augments have been added to Classic to help out melee classes. Since melee augments are already a thing on TLPs, and MOTM isn't going away any time soon, I think the simplest solution would be add hate reducing melee augs to the melee aug vendors.

Don't just say "No because it didn't exist in era", MOTM didn't exist in era either. And neither did any of the melee augs that currently are available from the start of classic on TLPs. And yet here they are anyway.
  2. That0neguy Augur

I like how you left out Mages as a class that has to deal with this and doesn't have a way to drop hate either.
    The only time I ever saw a BL pull agro was when they refused to use any buff on their pet other than the stun proc or they forgot to turn taunt off.

This issue also only exist up to PoP content.
  3. feigntrain Elder

I didn't leave out Mages. Mages are the REASON why this exists now.

And so what if the BL is using their best pet proc? Why shouldn't they be able to? It's only an issue because the mage box armies forced DBG to implement MOTM. If it weren't for that, BL wouldn't pull aggro even with using their strongest pet proc. It's a problem that only exists because of things people were doing with other classes, so why should a different class have to intentionally nerf themselves?
  4. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The agro transfer wasn't originally part of MoTM. People were using Charm pets to tank raid bosses. That's the reason they added the agro transfer.
  5. feigntrain Elder

And now it is. If only this thread was about the historical effects of MOTM...
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Bst on a raid will be too busy buffing to worry about parsing.
  7. Duality Augur

That's like when a raid leader says to druids, don't debuff just spam heal.
  8. That0neguy Augur

Just because mages are the "cause" of this issue doesn't mean they aren't equally affected by it.

And yes using your "best" proc is dumb. Even before MOTM a BL pet would pull agro and die using the stun proc. which is almost worse then the BL dieing because that's 70% of the damage.
    Tymeless likes this.
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You brought up the history dude. You're lying in hopes your class will get buffs.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Ok druids, were going to need you both to follow up the end of the ch rot as a double druid heal. If you dont have a ch hotkey already made then we can possibly be more disappointed with your choice of druid over clr.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

13. Hirbow Augur

You have no idea what you're talking about and you should be a passive spectator before you type . MoTM has nothing to do with charmed pets . It was implemented when guilds were killing Nagafen at level 20-25 by zerging mage pets with 1 tank and a Cl rotation. Where you have been man ? This is old as hell, welcome to the update sweetie.
  14. modsiw Augur

Anyone have a recording of this?
  15. Vitaulic Apprentice

I would love to see a video of this too, not that I doubt it happened but would just be fun to watch.
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I know exactly what i'm talking about you don't.

MoTM was added to make raid mobs harder. It wasn't added purely because of pet walls, literally what the devs said when the added it. I was playing on RF when it was added. Originally MoTM didn't have agro transfer or the AOE resistance reduction. The agro transfer was added when Phinny was in Classic because people were using charmed pets to tank raid bosses, NOT because of mage pets.

Secondly no tanks or "CI" rotations weren't used, just Mages spamming pets. CH chains aren't even how you heal a tank in Classic vs Naggy.
  17. Machen New Member

Yes, yes you can. Just keep playing til later expansions when the devs created hate reducing augs.
  18. sumnayin Augur

Then, can mages get a spell to reduce aggro during classic...only reason Mages aren't worst damage on most raid mobs is because of Wizards in PoSky
  19. Machen New Member

???
  20. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yeah mages are a REAL weak class in classic.
    Roxas MM likes this.