EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fleeting Augur

Funny how anytime a pvp thread is started you get people from blue servers who think they are something special coming in here talking all big like we care. Simple fact is we have tons of support for pvp servers. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to bash us on what we want. I've only played on rallos zek and zek for almost 20 years I've quit and come back multiple times for real life stuff like military and family and such. I plan on coming back to play on zek in the near future as well. If this new pvp tlp comes out guaranteed I'm there as well. Hopefully this works out and we get something out of it
    Brawl and Dulu like this.
  2. Titanuk88 Elder

kontra was actually one of the cool and normals i found in the live discord that didnt just flame us for wanting a pvp server , cool dude that just wants more people playing EQ
    ECrack likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Here's the thing though:

Just saying your community has "tons of support" doesn't mean it does in actual fact have any at all, anyone can SAY they support you, millions can it still won't mean a damn thing, how many of them are willing to PAY DPG for it is the only thing that remotely matters.

Still only a tiny handful of very vocal PvP advocates posting over & over does not fill me with any confidence.

If DPG does take a huge risk & open a TLP PVP server for your community & you get a paltry number play it the forum users are gonna rip you all new ones for wasting their money.
    code-zero and Meridian like this.
  4. Dulu Augur

It actually has a GREAT design for RvRvR.

We have drawn up maps on how the population breakdown would look in the Good vs. Evil vs. Neutral scenario, but you also have to consider how there are numerous places for each level bracket to level. If you can't XP in your traditional route of Crushbone/Unrest/Mistmoore, etc, you have to adapt and find new places.

It actually makes you go to places in EQ you would never normally try.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'd be interested in those maps to see what you have put together.
  6. Dulu Augur

Thank you for your service, patriot!
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

NPC regen wasn't broken when blue servers woke him.

The only reason it was possible for Kerafyrm to be beaten on Zek was the regen was broken. They tend to gloss over this aspect of the story.

It doesn't undo their win by any means, but if you're trying to hold it up as some sort of standard then it's best to know the facts before you do.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Dulu Augur

Skuz and Brazy like this.
  9. Brazy Augur

Yeah, but the PvPers were the ones who broke into SOE and broke it, so yeah.. the more you know.
  10. johnnyz New Member

so team pvp gnomes are good or bad ?
  11. Titanuk88 Elder

it does have tons of support? multiple discords with more people in them than people playing on blue servers ? Eq pvp community has been begging for a fresh start zek server / tlp pvp server for many years .. The Community would pay legends server type subs(40$ a month?) to get a pvp tlp server going.
    PVPme and Brazy like this.
  12. Titanuk88 Elder

they also had 2 trys at it since gms despawned it the first time then resummoned it for them at a later date so everyone could show up and plan for it
  13. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

Not what I said. Why are you making up lies?

There are at least 37 accounts in your Discord that are fake accounts to troll your #'s. Free to make. More made, more you scream with joy, more we laugh. Probably more than that now.
  14. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

Hahahahahaha
  15. Titanuk88 Elder

16. Dulu Augur

So, this is a rough outline of starting areas/faction locations using my system:

[IMG]

EDIT: WOOPS! LOL! I circled 'Halflings' as "Evil" --- Halflings are supposed to be neutral/blue, not evil/orange!

All 3 factions would have control of certain areas, and would only encounter each other when looking for a fight, or venturing outside of their territory.

Similar to WoW's "contested" zones system in classic.

If there is a population imbalance favoring Evil, like some think there would be, we have options:

We can soft-restrict Blue/Green teams, meaning they can not trade/group/raid, etc together. (But can still fight if they want)

OR if that doesn't work, we can MERGE blue/green into one "good" team.

If the population does die off like many suspect, we can just flip the switch and turn it into a FFA PvP server, where guilds/politics controls the server instead of hard coded teams. But it would be impossible to do that in reverse, which is why I want to start with a 3-teams sytem.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

18. Dulu Augur

If there are any "fake" discords, I'd love for you to point them out.. or you know, leave?

I think the only "fakes" are the Anti-PvP people who are just pointlessly lurking in our discord, without joining the conversation.
  19. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

Oh they're lurking and watching you scream with joy over how many people your Discord has.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. Dulu Augur

You don't think that's a little weird bro? What class would you play on a PvP server?

[IMG]
    Brawl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.