Okay I find the fact That The t1 TOV mission is the worst weird.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lidwen Elf Stalker, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Lidwen Elf Stalker Journeyman

Okay So difficulty wise i can easily We complete each mission we are all max aa 115s etc.. Question..

Ew The mission is just Plain Annoying not difficult or anything following a birdman in the sky.. Is not fun or challenging. just Annoying..

GD whole mission is run around do stuff then we get to narandi and we basically have to Slowdown everyone and do nothing cause The auras barely Show on the Snow and we deal to much DPS to fast. that we often get the restless heros..

Kael & velks both provide More Difficulty and Mechanics that are far less Annoying to deal with but are t2. its like The mechanics got reversed. so t1 is More annoying to complete than t2.

Just a Comment..
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

EW is extremely easy. I hate GD the most, mainly due to the ice golem spawning guy which is just a pain to kill. The other 3 missions are fast and aren't to bad. After the last patch you have 2 burn missions velks and ew. You have kael which is a slow start where people can't fail emotes and then burn after he hits 60%. You have GD which is long and takes a while with no real burning time unless you want to count burning the wolf guy.
  3. Cailen Augur

Can burn through Velks mission in under a minute
  4. Lidwen Elf Stalker Journeyman

My point is the t2 missions are the Ones which Should have been challenging.. Not the t1.
  5. Cadira Augur

It'd be nice if something WAS challenging in this xpac.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Shouldn't we focus on something more important? Like the shade of blue of the restless ice? It isn't quite right and it bothers me to log in just to look at this mis-shaded blue ice.

Can we do something about this PLEASE?
  7. Ravanta Suffer Augur

You're not getting restless heroes because you do too much dps too fast. You're getting them because people are not switching targets. It can help to pull Narandi to the river, the auras are easier to see there, and it's flat. I often see people pull him to the top of a nearby hill, it's flat there as well.
  8. Maedhros High King

Sadly, none of the missions are challenging.
    We beat Griklor in about 20 seconds last nite.
    AOW in 5 mins.
    Velks in about a minute.
    and GD in about 8 mins.
    Sub-optimal group too.
    I'd love to see some of the times with a perfectly optimized group.
    For you poor casuals with friends that play poorly or have no friends and try to box this stuff; I'm sorry you're having a hard time, but if you do things the hard way, you get bad results.
    Sancus and Hellowhatsyourname like this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

I tried.

At this rate I probably won't even re-sub in the summer unless they release something challenging for anniversary (they won't).

I'm thinking about handicapping myself for the next expansion and dropping from 6 boxing to 3boxing. This will probably be totally unsatisfactory to me because I know I'll never reach my potential with 3boxing, but if handicapping myself is the only way to make the game difficult maybe it's worth it.
    Sancus and Cadira like this.
  10. Tharnkiss Journeyman

The gd mission is long. It mixes many mechanics and you simply can't burn through it. There's nothing wrong with that.

As for Tucoh saying that they won't resub his 30 accounts in the summer... That's not because of lack of challenge. It's because he chooses to not raid. He chooses to just box and doesn't even focus on all the toons. To my understanding he's not even 350 on all tradeskills for the toons. There is content left for him to do, he just doesn't feel like doing that content. That's his choice.

As for the white aura. It's easy to see and do. You can still run burns through it. Just change targets after it is on a mob. Now if your boxing then that's your issue. If your not boxing then just get competent people to switch targets.

Let's talk about challenge. Challenge is different for many people. I am glad that the expansion isn't another underfoot or ROS. Cactus and Skyfire weren't challenges they were just miserable things that just wasn't really "group" content.
  11. Cadira Augur

That's a lot of pointless animosity towards tucoh, New Member...he can't commit to raiding due to real life being too random as far as I understand.

Lack of a challenge results in boredom so that directly results in not subbing accounts since you can just blow through everything in a month. Considering getting 350 in all ts content is kind of a stretch, it's more like excessive tedium. I bet his main has a maxed ap which is all any normal person would care about imo. More power to you if you do it on alts but damn.

Cactus was a joke, I can't believe people ever had a hard time with it. If you go into a mission expecting an enchanter to auto attack the mobs to death, what do you expect to happen? Bring a real group of competent people and it's all doable.

This expansion is way too easy, raids are a joke, and we couldn't get partisans or in depth mercenaries in every zone. The four missions are a joke. Not really up for discussion, as the numbers don't lie.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  12. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I added what I know you meant to say... since comparing your experience with an expansion to another's, given your gear and status in the game, is a ridiculous exercise in stupidity. I know you didn't mean to do that :)

Cheers!
  13. Cadira Augur

This expansion is way too easy for anyone with half a brain and a few friends with the same

Sorry, final correction.
  14. enclee Augur

I understand your disappointment, but at what point do you have mastery over the game? You created numerous spreadsheets, GINA triggers, customized UIs, and review your parses like NFL game film. There’s a point at which you’ve mastered the game that without redesigning the game structures, a player like you won’t be challenged.
    Laronk, Endorek and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

For the ToV expansion, I think the Challenger Achievement could have emphasized a more difficult play style for more advanced players and included a BiS item (not aug empowerment) or mezz/FD/proc click as the reward.
  16. Drayman Elder

Given the history of most recent past expansions, I find it weird that someone would find it weird that Daybreak would put the most challenging content in an expansion, early in the expansion. That seems like standard operating procedure to me.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That is a good idea. Maybe even just two box.
    Marton and Tucoh like this.
  18. Stephen51 Augur

There is a balance to be had I think for difficulty of missions. Some want a challenge, others are just looking for some fun and a way to progress.

The last three expansions, it has been in my opinion the former that have been targeted and it has opened a gap. If you have the jann mask and emperor clicky, it starts to add up. Better gear, better augs and higher heroics start to make a difference but it's a passive difference. Player A, who has all the achievements, maybe raid gear or top group gear, completes a mission and cannot understand how player B, who doesn't have those things, can be having a problem, hence them must be whining.

Making group missions rewarding for Raid and Group geared players was always going to be difficult.
    So, resources permitting, they should make two versions, ramping up the difficulty of the harder version but also increasing the chest rewards to something more fitting (and viable) for Raid or very talented group players. I've said before they should add power sources to chests, they could add some augs, and maybe rarely the drop to add to TS made containers to make gear, but make it the raid one. Maybe double the coin rewards. Obviously the harder version would lock from the outset so you couldn't task add anyone for the win. We wouldn't want any of the lesser skilled folk (or alts) getting added!
  19. Windance Augur

I find your numbers highly suspect. GD has a lot of running around so unless your group is warping to spawn points I suspect you are exaggerating the numbers.
  20. Maedhros High King

I would be happy to build an optimal group and twitch it for you. The event times will be much shorter but it might alleviate your suspicion. I confess I am amused that you are even suspicious.
    I am definitely not about to post parses related to classes or anything but i will give you exact times in seconds from gamparse.
    Velks: 62s I have seen parses in the 30 second range, our group had no shammy, bard or beastlord.
    GD: 533s we had a tracker, but no bard to run us around fast
    EW: 20s no shammy bard or beast again
    Kael: 305s no shammy bard or beast

These events are ridiculous easy if you bring a full group that knows how to play, regardless if its an optimal group with maximum synergy or not.
    Ingredients:
    1 teaspoon of solid tank
    1 tablespoon of decent healer
    4 cups of fair dps