Dead Hills: Why so many autobot groups?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by JeffHanson, Feb 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeffHanson Augur

There are usually nine automated bot groups in Dead Hills on Emarr. This seems like a pretty old zone for this kind of activity. I'm just curious why this particular zone attracts that many cheaters.
  2. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

That's where gribbles was, right?

That zone had nearly instant respawn mobs in the upper area. Maybe that's why??
  3. Maedhros High King

Optimus Prime would never condone this kind of behaviour. Please try to use other terminology when describing these scoundrels rather than calling them autobots.
    Zamiam, Shanarias, Cuuthbert and 7 others like this.
  4. JeffHanson Augur

Makes sense. I was just wondering why this zone has even more automated groups than FM. (There are usually a half dozen bot groups in FM all the time.)

Yep, they are always up there on the path to Tower of Rot. There are vendors in the zone too, so I'm sure their scripts include warping over there to sell every couple of hours -- nice way for them to make lots of platinum continuously without actually playing the game.
  5. JeffHanson Augur

I can't name any of the bot guilds on Emarr here, but you would laugh at one of the guild names.
    Daedly likes this.
  6. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Hippoptimus Rime?
    Maedhros likes this.
  7. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I just made up that gem right now... i'm a genius.
  8. Razorfall Augur

I seem to report these...umm... "Receptibums", as it were, (I believe you and I refer to them as something else that's not allowed on the forums XD) at least once a month for some botting activity, as well as the people in their sister guild. I do it as I see them and I hope everyone else does the same :)
    Maedhros likes this.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Because lack of normal GM support.

Plat farmers, 3rd party program users, auto play groups
    All the same results - Pacification; " we will look into it, we can't tell you the outcome ''
    You will see these players playing the next day, the next week.

Lack of game management.
    ... that is your answer.
  10. JeffHanson Augur

I've given up on reporting automated groups because I know nothing will ever be done. If DBG thinks the lack of complaints means these groups aren't having an adverse effect on the game, think again. You don't see a lot of people reporting them because we have figured out that it's simply a waste of our time to create a ticket.

I do find the following "funny":
    • Folks in Kael use NPCs to help kill some giants -- GASP! This gets addressed in the next patch.
    • Cheaters in Dead Hills use automation to pour platinum into the economy continuously -- Meh. This gets ignored for a decade.
  11. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Once I was fighting a large number of mobs near a group of upstanding citizens of Norrath and became overwhelmed. When I ran to this group to ask for assistance, it was a darn shame that while they attempted to save me, they became overwhelmed and perished in coming to my defense. True heroes they were.
    Sagarmatha, Thraine, Laronk and 4 others like this.
  12. Razorfall Augur

May those brave heroes rest in peace!
  13. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

EXACTLY!
  14. Razorfall Augur

They can easily countermeasure the use of NPCs to kill mobs (although not as easily as expected because people are still doing it). People using third party programs to bot is a constant and ever changing monster of an issue. I don't think it's as easy to detect as it was in earlier years too.

I would think that creating video evidence would be the best course of action for this. It's something that can be viewed and verified, even after the event occurs.

Maybe Darkpaw can provide a better way to report these players?
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I couldn't care less about afk or botted groups or whatever as long as they don't monopolize content people want. To be honest.
    svann, Funky and Buster_Shruggs like this.
  16. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...y-on-AFK-or-Unattended-Gameplay-in-EverQuest-
    What is the policy on AFK or Unattended Gameplay in EverQuest?
    October 30, 2019 11:40

It is not permitted for an account to be played unattended or AFK.

If you need to be away from your PC for longer than a few seconds please move your character to an empty corner of the zone or log out completely.

If a character, including any pets or mercs, is found performing actions while the user is away disciplinary action will be taken against the account.

Disciplinary action for unattended or AFK gameplay can include, but is not limited to; account warning, account suspension, and account termination (ban).

So.. *staff*
    Why are these players still playing after many /petitions and /reports with screenshots /locations?
  17. Bigstomp Augur

I'm really curios as to why deadhills. There is an absolute plague of automated players across I assume most servers. Deadhills just makes me curious.
  18. Buster_Shruggs Augur

I used to think it was the instant respawn of the mobs, but after killing a few myself the xp is almost nonexistent. They do drop TS stuff, so my guess is that or maybe powerleveling other toons? o_O Didn't pay attention to how much if any plat drops off those mobs.

The AFK groups don't bother me if theyre out of the way and I have to admit that thanks to the afk groups that haunt FM it was rather easy to gear up a lot of toons, thanks to rot gear. Sometimes you could see people just waiting around for rot stuff.

The only real adverse interaction Ive ever experienced with an AFK/automated group was someone who used to run around with around 40-50 toons( no exaggeration there) and destroy HoT zones.. afterwards sitting in a spot while all the pet classes decimated anything close by. I would just go elsewhere whenever they rolled through.
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

If groups are pulling large radius camps 24/7 for weeks or months straight without being removed from game, is it too much to ask the rules to allow me to set up a mercenary to kill 5 Grey cons every 20 minutes overnight while I sleep?
  20. Thraine Augur

probably easiest on the mage pet tank
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.