Upgrading Membership

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Winnowyl, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

If I'm currently on monthly (renews the first of the month) and want to go to yearly, do I need to cancel then set up yearly, or can I swap to yearly earlier, and just get billed on the normal day it bills?

Example:

I change to 12 month tomorrow. Will it charge me immediately, or will it wait until the current sub-time would bill and charge me then? Like, new date on the 25th, or continue to be the 1st?

I hope that made sense to more than just me. I like my date being on the first, because that's when I get paid. I do not want it at the end of the month. But I'd like to swap it as soon as I can without screwing up my date.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

AFAIK the bill date does not change on your account. It charges the new subscription price right now for whatever plan you go with. But it does not change your bill date. Then it adds the time to your account. It will bill again next year on your bill date. Not on the date you changed it.

I am currently needing to change a bill date on one of my characters so I am letting him go F2P for a week or so and then go back to paid on him to see if it will reset the bill date.
  3. Derd Augur

Just to be clear, It doesn't change to a lower monthly cost. If the day you get paid actually changes if you can Afford EQ you may need to rethink your decision to go yearly. When you change that Box 2 yearly they pull the entire Amount out.
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I know - I'm on disability, and that's when the payment comes in. It's not a variable thing, so I can plan around when my EQ comes out for the year. I just want to make sure the date will stay the same.