What classes will be the most successful if a Free For All PVP server launches?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Runes Augur

Just wondering if you were going to run a single toon which one would you choose and why?

I am thinking one of the classes that can snare to get some distance and DoT and Kite like a Necro or Druid, but I don't have a clue how resists and Dot damage and other spell tweaks work against players that normally do well on mobs?

Can anyone who has recent EQ PvP experience post a few tips and mechanics that us Bluebies may not be aware of that happens when you move from PvE to PVP environment?

If there are any threads on the subject would love to see their links if they are still relevant.

Thanks
  2. Brazy Augur

3. Brazy Augur

yes
  4. Brunlin Augur

Wis casters are always good. Wizard can be down right deadly as long as he knows how to keep his distance and has high MR....Hybrids can be dangerous as well
  5. Runes Augur

Thanks Brunlin, good to know
    Brunlin likes this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

The druid dot revamp has absolutely wrecked that line for pvp.

Long story short, pvp will give druids the boost they've needed for the last decade.
  7. That0neguy Augur

The exact same could be said for you.
  8. mark Augur

whoever warps and hacks the most will have the best toon on an eq pvp tlp,so i heard a rumor about another classic game their number one pvp has been online on average 22 hours a day since pvp went live and rumors are that it was fully automated.
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Bards and Clerics are the best classes in group/large scale PvP.
    SKs and Necros are the best solo PvP classes early on. In SoL Rangers take the crown of best solo PvP class
    jordune likes this.
  10. mark Augur

i remember 2 new guildies ha left one of the zek servers because they where in the basement in ssra and 2 bards had non stop trained them to stop their progress,they rerroled on a carebear server and loved the fact that they where having fun again and it was a new fun game to them.
  11. sumnayin Augur

Probably Necro so that I can do whatever I want whenever I want and avoid people if needed.

How does the EC Tunnel work on a PVP server?
  12. Brawl Elder

From a post a week or so ago:

"Like it did on the original PvP servers - The Racial cities are the trading hubs - some more popular than others.. Neriak, Freeport, Kelethin are popular. EC Tunnel is not a thing on a PvP server. You trade near guards and banks"

"Factions trade in their respective "capital" cities.

Neriak, Kelethin, Freeport were all popular destinations.

Trading was also, by nature, much more decentralized. You could barter easier, buy low and sell high, and typically get things for more attainable prices on PvP servers due to the fact that trading was harder to do and with a smaller market. There is also an element of risk, because even in your city, you are never *truly* safe.

It creates an entirely new meta game surrounding trade, other than mindlessly standing in a tunnel."
  13. yober Elder

No idea about the other 3 servers but EC tunnel was absolutely a thing on Rallos.
  14. Aneuren Tempered Steel

My bet - this is a reverse marketing campaign. They've already decided it will be pvp, and decided to flood the forums in advance.

Great PR - in response to widespread demand, we released a pvp TLP server!

I'm totally good with it, can we also talk about lifting the Truebox rules on progression servers past a certain point? :)
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

In all honesty pvp is good for about as long as any random tlp is popular. All the talk about balance being off in some expansion nobody plays is about as useful as discussing prophecy of ro.

The only thing I think will really hurt pvp from classic to luclin will be the amount of blatant hacking, such as we saw on selo. That just ruins eq.
    Brazy likes this.
  16. jordune Augur

somebody has some huge control issues
  17. Tedd New Member

This

(I'll still play a Cleric tho)
  18. nostalgia Lorekeeper

i keep on reading about 400 people wanting a pvp tlp.why dont you all sub for a month on zek and let darkpaw know you have the numbers you claim you have for a pvp tlp support the game so it will support you ?
  19. Master Kahleem Augur

Why aren't you playing on live to prove to DarkPaw that you want another TLP?
  20. Shiba Journeyman

Bard will be the only viable class on a TLP PVP server because when 20 boxes warp on you at the same time and start casting.