EverQuest Trivia #657

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mary Poppins, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Grove Augur

Bearded Dwarf lady?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  2. Igorath-Bertox Elder

Does it have anything to do with the camera position?
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  3. Mary Poppins Augur

No, but not a bad idea.
  4. Mary Poppins Augur

Yes. Grats, Grove.

Technically the answer was the beard itself not the dwarf lady attached to the beard, but what you said works.

To clarify some of the earlier responses... I never recognized any female dwarf beards in-game even though I’m sure I must’ve run into some over the years. I chalk that up to me just mistaking them for male dwarves. Also, it’s not strictly a player-character thing, as I have seen screenshots of npc dwarf females with beards. Finally, as for old vs new character models... I’m not 100% sure but I thought I saw old character models with the beards before and when I looked it up I saw something on project 1999 that mentioned female dwarf beards so I was pretty sure both old and new models could have them.

In any case, I’m glad the game concluded before the weekend was over. Contrary to what it may have seemed like in the beginning, I wasn’t trying to make a ridiculously hard game. I told you guys it would go quickly once certain questions were asked. On to the next game!
    Rangerette, SunDrake and Verily Tjark like this.
  5. SunDrake Augur

If your telling is entirely true, then it's pretty incredible for a person such as yourself, who has a greater than average knowledge of EQ details and lore, to never have heard mention of, or acknowledged, the fine beards of the lasses of Kaladim.

Sadly, those gorgeous manes receeded into the realm of dim memory with the introduction of Luclin models. The handful of new facial choices did not include any of those whiskered ladies that made a Dwarf's heart beat so wildly.

There are two faces that come to me some times at night, lying in bed. One a whispy blonde beard. Think Charlie Hunnam, but 3'7'' with a bosom that pushed you straight into the floor. The other, a red. Think Kristofer Hivju, with more inner fire and a higher alcohol tolerance.

Then there was that night spent with the both. The ginger, fueled by jealousy and Dwarven Ale, struck a glancing blow to the head of the blonde with a Warhammer, knocking her out cold. By the time the ginger had exhausted her energy, and her last mug of ale, she curled up by the fire. The crackle of the logs drowned out by her rough, nighttime breathing patterns. The blonde, sluggish from the ale in her belly and the knot on her head, came to. She smiled, closed her eyes, and burped loudly. Her welcome embrace would continue until the morning sun rose over the Butcherblock Mountains. That cool morning, the three of us finished that splendid keg of ale with Muffins and Fresh Fish from the banks of the Ocean of Tears. Having laid waste to every orc and goblin we could find on Faydwer on the previous day, we set sail for Antonica.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  6. Mary Poppins Augur

Oh, I heard of them. I just never noticed them in-game. Again, probably because they look like men.

What da f...

I’ll have to change the special notes for this game now, due to sun’s reply. If I remember (I already turned the computer off and am about to go to bed). About a 50/50 chance I’ll remember.