Still Possible to Molo in 2020?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Slayerwolf, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Yes pulling singles would be vastly harder for a warrior molo'ing player then for virtually any other class.

And war's are not the best molo'ers in the game not even average, just I seen this thread an asked myself if I could do this on my raid geared warrior .. which I did, then asked myself what about my alt warrior .. So I tried it out an got it .

from what I hear, the best molo classes remain the pet classes. Unless some one knows something I do not?
  2. Litefighter Lorekeeper

If a mob does not summon. A necro / Druid / Bard / Sham / Wiz / Ranger can kill it solo. Root rot or kite and it is easy peasy. Some obviously are more adapt then others.

All classes have strengths / weaknesses and skilled players will find a way to get things done. Not all have the same ease of killing obviously because EQ was meant to be played socially, mob encounters are more difficult then other mmo's

But if you want to be the most OP class in game...Shadowknight

SK can kill anything with a merc and most things without. SK can solo / molo ToV group missions. They can tank extremely well, self heal as well as a live cleric and do great dps, split mobs or just pull zones and swarm, can interrupt spell casting / mob melee via bash and swing (like a stun) from aa. Course this experience can vary some depending on skill, aa, gear. SK are damn near unkillable and insanely OP.
  3. Nivek Journeyman

Thats complete hogwash!.....Warrior doesn't solo TOV
  4. Nivek Journeyman

This is 100% complete baloney, an SK cannot solo TOV group missions, that is just not true.
  5. Litefighter Lorekeeper

Nivek because you can not do something does not mean it is not possible. Just means you lack KSA.

Shadowknights are OP beasts. And there are a few SK I can think of or know that can and have done this. Even getting all the group achievements, all the while alone and unafraid. Again... SK being able to self heal as well as player clerics, stun, slow (undead), do insane damage and the fact they are a tank all contribute to making them indestructible (or damn near).
    Cailen likes this.
  6. Nivek Journeyman

Just stop it, I'm guided and grouped with very high end raid tanks when I was doing progression and I see how much damage they take and the amount of HP on the mobs. People need to stop making blanket statements that class can do this, maybe some rare individual with ultra end game gear can do it, but for all purposes its not possible. The other point about an SK soloing the TOV heroic missions is just laughable, the mechanics alone wouldn't allow it.
  7. Nivek Journeyman

Thats impossible, the mechanics alone would make it not possible, so many gullible people these days.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Which mission do you think is impossible due to the mechanics?

I'd be surprised and impressed if an SK could solo it, but I imagine they will be able to in a few years. I'd have to see a video before I believed it happened currently though.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

First off hi new guy welcome to Everquest. And welcome to everquest forums.

Secondly.. What do YOU .. consider very high end raid tanks ? What server, what guild ? Whats YOUR toons name ? Who was the tanks you ran threw progression with ?
    Cailen likes this.
  10. Sancus Augur

Weird. Must've imagined the twitch stream of it :(
    Kuvani, Whulfgar, Celephane and 2 others like this.
  11. Cailen Augur

I've watched one of our SK's live stream soloing all the ToV missions. He even TA'd my mage alt.
    kizant likes this.
  12. Litefighter Lorekeeper

Mearatas

Once was thought to be unbeatable. RoI cake walked it, dropped mic and walked away. Then slowly other guilds were able to beat it. Obviously some more successful then others. Tweaks to event or not. Mearatas was in its time considered the pinnacle of EQ for a season.

Again... just because you and your mates can not do something does not mean that it can not be done. And in years other classes will be able to solo it. But this season Shadowknights can.

KSA
  13. Nivek Journeyman

Im not a new guy, been playing since 2000. I'll send you a pm with my guild and info you requested, not going to turn this into a public pissing match.
  14. svann Augur

I was happy even to 2 box the EW sleeper with my wiz alt. Would not try it molo.
  15. Cadira Augur

Sithsonn has literally done it, another sk in my guild can do 3 of the 4 (down the road I'm sure he could do kael, too).
  16. Tucoh Augur

Would love to see a vid of someone soloing the Kael mission. Not doubting that it was done, just want to see it.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

Do not put your own limitations or that of your guild mates .. off onto other player's on all servers ..

Just gonna put this hear .. for whom ever needs to hear it..
  18. Nerrei New Member

How are Enchanters These days?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

They are Bad @$$ .. I have an alt enchanter, an they are absolutely my second favorite class to play.
  20. Nerrei New Member

Thats cool to hear.
    I havent played Live Servers since CoV release. Was only hopping on TLPs and havent played for 1 year About.
    I dont have much time and i dont box so ...i was wondering if i could solo /molo my way up and pick a class that can Maybe also deal with a named now and then. Always played Casters ...and gotta say back on TLPs i was a Pretty good chanter
    Whulfgar likes this.