Fixed Internally Healer Mercs are not working right

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sostenes, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Sostenes Augur

Greetings,

This whole week I have been experiencing problems with Healer Merc, he can barely keep my pet alive when it wasn't an issue just a week ago today and prior to that. Something changed. Many guild members have experienced this. Please look in to healer mercs and verify that they are working as intended.

Thank you,
    Sostenes
  2. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

3. OldCa61 Augur

“This is a great post, but it doesn't address the OP's issue. You're right about why mercs in general are not as good as they could be and how to correct the problem, but there is a new merc healer issue which has just shown up in the last week or so that is something different from their general inefficiencies.”
    This is absolutely correct. My healer Merc ends up with full mana and I am almost OOM ? I ran some different zones and Velks/ToFS seem to be the worst, but it is happening everywhere. Merc just stands there (and laughs at Full Mana) while I am barely keeping pet alive. I've talked to others and they say the same is happening to them. Could someone please look into what was changed ? Makes my game unplayable. BTW, I have raid geared toon with all AA's and Raid lvl Pet. shouldn't all the sudden have issues killing lvl 112/113 mobs. I never had this issue until last week.
  4. Endorek Lorekeeper

They're unusable, I don't know what changed, in my experience it is only in the last three days, and weirdly it coincides with me switching from my froglok merc to a restless orc one. I've noticed two different activities, well technically one is a lack of activity since it will just stand there inactive at times, and the second is that it will chain group heals when only one person has any damage or is taking damage, and a group heal takes too long and won't keep up over time without the use of single target heals. This is completely new behavior, and I've experienced it over RoS, TBL, and ToV
    Bardan Masquerader and OldCa61 like this.
  5. Balthen Lorekeeper

I've not changed my merc in years and I'm having the same issues as Endorek.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  6. Teffun New Member

I cannot put a finger on it but something is not right, I have died more in the last 3 nights than I have in the last 3 weeks.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  7. OldCa61 Augur

8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There was an old bug like this that affected players over level 110 when that expansion came out. I would have to search to find it but I think this might be similar.

My characters are all level 108/109 and are not having any problem with the healer mercs. They are healing and using mana as normal. Some are J5 and some are F2P.
  9. Vitaulic Apprentice

I looked at my logs from last night..

Combined: A stalag terror on 2/25/2020

Tikenuf - 219
    --- Word of Soothing Rk. II - 106
    --- Merciful Light Rk. II - 45
    --- Furial Renewal Rk. II - 34
    --- Seventeenth Rejuvenation Rk. II - 13
    --- Sincere Elixir Rk. II - 5
    --- Elixir of Wulthan Rk. II - 4
    --- Mending Splash Rk. II - 4
    --- Expurgated Blood Rk. II - 3
    --- Promised Remedy Rk. II - 2
    --- Received Quick Time - 2
    --- Greater Guard of Vie Rk. II - 1
    --- Rallied Greater Guard of Vie Rk. II - 1
    --- Received Bard Epic - 1
    --- Received Vie - 1
    --- Yaulp XVI Rk. II - 1

Produced by GamParse v2.0.0.98 BETA
    It looks like he mostly cast word of soothing on the tank once the tank dies he starts casting fast direct heals on everyone else till I wipe or win the fight.
    eepok likes this.
  10. Vitaulic Apprentice

Here is a comparison from a about a month ago:
    Combined: A spectre of the Arisen on 1/12/2020

Tikenuf - 345
    --- Sincere Remedy Rk. II - 105
    --- Word of Soothing Rk. II - 95
    --- Merciful Light Rk. II - 74
    --- Furial Renewal Rk. II - 50
    --- Merciful Elixir Rk. II - 10
    --- Mending Splash Rk. II - 5
    --- Promised Remedy Rk. II - 3
    --- Elixir of Wulthan Rk. II - 1
    --- Greater Guard of Vie Rk. II - 1
    --- Received Bard Epic - 1
    --- Received Quick Time - 1
    --- Yaulp XVI Rk. II - 1

I've got almost 4500 cast sense Feb 9th and there has been zero Sincere Remedy in that time, something happened on Feb 8th or 9th and my healer completely lost that spell.

Combined: A restless miner on 2/9/2020

Tikenuf - 4465
    --- Word of Soothing Rk. II - 2300
    --- Merciful Light Rk. II - 771
    --- Furial Renewal Rk. II - 768
    --- Sincere Elixir Rk. II - 196
    --- Seventeenth Rejuvenation Rk. II - 136
    --- Mending Splash Rk. II - 103
    --- Received Bard Epic - 85
    --- Elixir of Wulthan Rk. II - 67
    --- Expurgated Blood Rk. II - 46
    --- Promised Remedy Rk. II - 39
    --- Received Quick Time - 30
    --- Greater Guard of Vie Rk. II - 15
    --- Benediction of Reverence - 7
    --- Symbol of Jorlleag - 5
    --- Yaulp XVI Rk. II - 5
    --- Rallied Greater Guard of Vie Rk. II - 3
    --- Received Vie - 3
    --- Armor of the Merciful Rk. II - 1
    --- Counteract Disease - 1
    --- Hand of Assurance Rk. II - 1
    --- Righteousness - 1

lockjaws, Xeladom, Wulfhere and 3 others like this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm assuming you're 115, yes?

Aside from the fact that they no longer seem to cast Remedy, I also see they're using Wulthan for the group HoT, instead of Transcendence. Assuming a level 115 merc, that definitely looks like something is broken.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  12. Vitaulic Apprentice

I can see how I should of brought that up, i'm 112 so he's using the correct group/group hot's but the remedy that is missing is 111 and not replaced by anything. I crunched some numbers prior to Feb 8th ish, He cast remedy 30% of the time and group heal 28% and sense then he's case group heal 52% of the time all other spells are being cast approximately the same percentage before or after. The remedy is just gone. I looked back and see there was some emergency maintenance on Feb 7th, maybe look there?
    Vexana_Lanys, OldCa61 and Endorek like this.
  13. Endorek Lorekeeper

I tried using mercs on a different toon, I tried changing the merc stance, and I tried making sure I had roles of puller, MT, and MA assigned, and nothing made a difference, it's still inappropriately casting the group heals in place of single target heals
    Skuz, Vexana_Lanys and OldCa61 like this.
  14. OldCa61 Augur

I've tried everything also. I have NO blocked buffs, never have. Healer just stands there at Full Mana and occasionally throws a heal. This was in CC, but also ToFS and Velks. If a lvl 115 can't use healer to keep Pet alive with 112/113 lvl mobs I can't play. Please look into this. TIA
    Endorek likes this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I still am not seeing any problems with merc that are under level 110 - anyone? Seems they are all around level 115. Those high level merc be broke.

Wonder what would happen if a level 115 character parsed a lower merc like a apprentice or j2?
    OldCa61 likes this.
  16. Vitaulic Apprentice

What kind of data do we need to post to get more attention to this issue. I thought my logs were really concise and to the point without much room for interpenetration. This issue really could end the game for me and I want to try and get it fixed. I may run thru my logs again tonight and try posting some comparisons with Healing per Second and Over Healing per second, I don't know they will say anything different than my first logs with the missing spell but maybe it will present it in a way the dev's would find more compelling? Suggestions?
  17. OldCa61 Augur

18. Balthen Lorekeeper

The silence is an answer, it's not the answer we were hoping for but it's an answer. I'm confident it was not broken intentionally, maybe it will fix itself. My suggestion is find other stuff to do till the next patch and hope for the best.
  19. Endorek Lorekeeper

I don't think that's giving them enough credit. It's definitely an identified and documented problem, it should be easy to test, what it takes to fix is a different question. There are a lot of things on the Dev's plate, anniversary stuff is coming up, the next tier or raids is about to release, and for some reason this isn't getting enough attention on the boards. Everyone I've asked about it in guildchat has noticed a problem but there's so little representation on the forums compared to the old days.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  20. Vexana_Lanys Lorekeeper

Like the melee dps mercs appearing to be stuck in Burn mode, even when set on Balanced.. it would appear the healers are stuck in Efficient mode even when set on Reactive.

Group heals, Light, and Elixirs. Fun times.
    DCPD158, Yinla and OldCa61 like this.