Maps?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Leloes, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Leloes Lorekeeper

Not really any major difference running it as admin. Should I just download it the regular way?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

yes - it should not take more than an hour or so if that
    Leloes likes this.
  3. Leloes Lorekeeper

An hour or so? I only wish. Maybe turning off my firewall will make a difference!
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

If you're on a slow internet connection it takes a while (DSL, as an example).
  5. Leloes Lorekeeper

I am using DSL but it does seem to be going a bit faster. It's at 40.0% now.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

Ya, many of the folks suggesting it should be much faster are on connections that are 25-50+ times faster than yours. I used to live in an area where DSL was the only internet option, and 1.5 days or so was about right for a full download from scratch.
    Leloes likes this.
  7. Leloes Lorekeeper

It's at 43.6% now so it's chugging along. DSL is the only way to connect to the internet where I am. I live a rather small town. The town I was living in had cable but it's not available here.
  8. Leloes Lorekeeper

I remember when DSL was considered to be extremely fast. LOL
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I also am on DSL and it did take a while when I returned but not over night lol. Nothing wrong with DSL and EQ is such an old game that on these newer computers it just flows along pretty smooth.

But there was a BB game that was free the other night on Xbox or PS4 and it took close to 12 hours just due to how many folks were downloading it too.
  10. Leloes Lorekeeper

I don't really get why it's taking so long to download.....but can't really do anything about it so I'll just have to be patient....at 44.9% now....it's kind of strange to me because most things do download fairly fast.....
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

It depends on which DSL, of course. Where I was, the only available DSL was <1 mbps.
  12. Leloes Lorekeeper

Not really sure what speed mine is. All I remember is it is from AT&T and I pay $80+ for it a month.
  13. Riou EQResource

I think ATT current DSL speeds should be either 0.8, 1.5 or 5 down, at the length its taking you its definitely not 5 down :p

The game is about 12ish GB so at 0.8 minimum it should take at least ~35 hours, 1.5 minimum it should take at least ~18 hours
  14. Leloes Lorekeeper

In other words.....FOREVER!!
  15. Riou EQResource

Yea, and that is only at 12 gb

Imagine trying to play a modern game on PC like the newest Call of Duty that's somewhere around 150 gb, it also has had 50-60gb Patches to it... lol
  16. Leloes Lorekeeper

Uh.....wouldn't want to imagine....LOL