Conspiracy theory on long new TLP server announcement

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kenshin11, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Eetra Journeyman

The only really thing I care about is faster XP.
    Thalliius likes this.
  2. Shiba Journeyman

The TLP announcement is taking a long time because they want to milk exp pots from people leveling from the PoP launch on mangler.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

But which expac start? I know! Have them all open at server start and let people go where they want!
  4. Fraggly Augur

I conspire they decided to double down. Mangloids don't want their server to be fragmented since it is doing so well for a traditional TLP.

Standard server with AoC - insane amount of subs for insane amounts of cash money

PvP truebox - new consumers join the fray. Bonus bucks.
    Maneuvre likes this.
  5. a_librarian Augur

Simplest explanation is they want to extract the most amount of xp potion money from Mangler's robust population before pushing the hot new stuff. Or they're going to do something unusual and launch the new servers a few months later than usual
  6. Kahna Augur

Maybe the reason for the delay is that their big experiment this year is to not open a new server, and let the old ones ride.
  7. Jontrann Augur

It's been 100% confirmed that a new tlp announcement will happen in feb.
  8. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

I really enjoy reading all of the comments on any new TLP thread recently that has something to do with "they will never do <insert server here>." How do you know? lol
  9. Bard2019 Elder

There's been no long wait on the announcement. It usually comes in March. It only seems long to a few people because they started requesting information about it back in November.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

I've been waiting for a FV tlp since 2002.
    Thalliius and Thewiz like this.
  11. Thewiz Augur

I would spend a lot of time on a FV TLP server. I so hope it happens.
    Thalliius likes this.
  12. Lumiens Augur

This could be precisely the reason whey they are worried about making a FV TLP server. Too many people might actually stick with it, effectively crushing the success of the release of their next round of TLP servers after it. Membership sales are one thing, but pretty much everyone I know always buys the bag/potions packages on each new TLP and a lot buy additional exp pots on top of it.
  13. Fraggly Augur

If an FV TLP could retain a "high" server population better than other TLPs while requiring subs it seems like it would be worth sacrificing bag sales, or they could allow multiple bag purchases(!). EXP pots would prob still do well on FV style. I still fall in the category that FV TLP would progress BOT related software very quickly but would also poke around on said server if no standard TLPs ever exist again.

WTB more juicy conspiratorial ideas on the conspiracy thread.
  14. Maneuvre Augur

WTS juicy conspiratorial idea:

Maybe they weren't going to release a new TLP. But then the demand kept growing on the boards for info on a new TLP. So they made an official EQ discord to better gauge the community's thoughts on a new TLP since Miragul was a disaster.

Somewhere in all of that chaos, there were calls for a PvP TLP but quickly drowned out. Then something happened where the PvP Bois became a hive mind and brought more attention to EQ than Live or TLPs have in the past 10 years. DPG was taken back and may possibly still be in denial. But now they are buying time to figure out how to implement the new PVP TLP aka cash cow.

This is an opportunity they must not let slip away with people preparing to go all in on the likes of New World or Pantheon. They have a very small window to make it right for the PVP community and take advantage of this movement. Otherwise come May, this unified tribe will take their disposable income elsewhere.
    Dulu, PVPme and Fraggly like this.
  15. That0neguy Augur

I'm not sure 2 articles by nobodies counts as more attention than anything in the past 10yrs.
  16. Maneuvre Augur

17. Tsuaruanni Elder

18. Tsuaruanni Elder

Good thing we've got 50 years before Pantheon comes out.
    Thewiz likes this.
  19. That0neguy Augur

20. That0neguy Augur