Maps?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Leloes, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Leloes Lorekeeper

I was just wondering if there are any type of maps that can be added once I have the game fully downloaded? If so, what is the link to it? Thanks!
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

I use the brewall's maps myself. There are other options. Maps are separate files loaded per zone so you can just download them to your map folder.

Keep the maps in their own sub folder within the maps folder for 2 reasons...
    1) Sometimes the game will overwrite the maps in the base maps folder.
    2) you can select default or a maps sub folder in game from the drop down in the maps window. You can download brewall's and the other map sources into their own subfolders and change which ones you are utilizing inside the game.

I use brewalls because I used it first and it's always been sufficient for me. I do not know all of the other options and their advantages / disadvantages.
    Leloes likes this.
  3. Aanuvane Augur

4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Leloes and MasterMagnus like this.
  6. Gialana Augur

There are maps on EQResource, at least for the most recent 8 or so expansions.

Brewall's map pack is another option: Brewall's map pack link

Good's Maps Pack is another. Here's a link to the forum thread for them.
    There are maps on EQResource, at least for the most recent 8 or so expansions.

Brewall's map pack is another option: Brewall's map pack link

Good's Maps Pack is another. Here's a link to the forum thread for them.

If you want the option of using multiple maps, you can make a subdirectory in your EverQuest maps folder and extract to there. In game, there is a drop down in the upper left of the maps window which will list "default" and any subdirectory names you may have. It's this drop down where you can select between map packs.
    Leloes likes this.
  7. Leloes Lorekeeper

Which would you choose if you were a newbie?
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Goods. I use it 80% of the time and only 20% on Brewells. But its not hard to load them both up.
    Leloes likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There are even UTubes on how to load them and both have directions'
    Leloes likes this.
  10. Leloes Lorekeeper

What's the difference in the two? Another thing. Why does it take so long to download the game? I've downloading since yesterday morning and I'm only at 37.9%......don't really get that.....
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Way to long for the download. It no longer works from the disc. Make sure your going thru the website. If needed stop it and restart computer and start again
    Leloes likes this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What windows are you using? XP was discontinued so it won't download.
    Leloes likes this.
  13. Leloes Lorekeeper

Windows 10.....
  14. Leloes Lorekeeper

I am going through the web site. That's why I don't get why it is taking so long. Should I reboot my computer and see if that makes a difference?
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would stop it and restart first. Then if it doesn't pick up do the reboot.
    Leloes likes this.
  16. Leloes Lorekeeper

Went ahead and rebooted.....can't see where that made any difference in the downloading.....
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok so now check firewall - if its on. Or if Windows defender is on.

Turn them off just to test

Did you at least get the EQ launcher on desktop ?
    Leloes likes this.
  18. Leloes Lorekeeper

Just turned firewall off......EQ launcher is coming up.....just taking forever to download....
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you have the icon on your desktop then you can right click on it and choose "run as administrator" and see if that helps
    Leloes likes this.
  20. Leloes Lorekeeper

Okay, I'll give it a try.