Pet Peeves What's yours?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dyna, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Bigstomp Augur

Made a night and day style difference for me. There are still issues with navigating tight turns and things but this made a huge difference.
    Cadira likes this.
  2. Cadira Augur

I about lost it when someone told me this and realized how much better AF was after i maxed that slider. Still problems indeed, but works a lot better for sure :)
    Funky likes this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

I cant find the slider FoV ? i have a slider for shadow clipplane .. Actor clip plane .. Max FPS and Background FPS . and something called Target name flashing speed normal ? those the only sliders i have in advance on bottom right side ..

My guess is your referring to Max background FPS ..
  4. Riou EQResource

They are referring to FPS yea
  5. Cadira Augur

Yeah FPS no idea why i said FoV sorry.
  6. eqzekisdead Augur

Helm graphic showing up at character select even though I clearly have helm graphics disabled in options. It makes my character look ugly for a few seconds before logging in.
    Mukkul, Bobokin, Vumad and 1 other person like this.
  7. Bobokin Augur

The map coordinates not on the standard XYZ. Two are reversed.
    Mukkul, Froglok and Vumad like this.
  8. Conq Augur

Easy fix: Guild Banner is cancelled until further notice - stop selling to the portal vendor you numnuts. I can pull up banners as fast as they can place them!
    Conq
    Veteran_BetaTester and Windance like this.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

Automation groups. Ran into 2 of them tonight from the same guild.
    Is there any way we can report these in some way to have them observed and banned?
    Dre. and Veteran_BetaTester like this.
  10. Litefighter Lorekeeper

Shadowknights. The class that can do anything, has a passive stun aa line so they can stun mobs. They heal better then most real cleric's, 2-3 times better then a paladin can in any situation, and they are insane dps even without supporting classes. The only thing SK's need is a splash spell and then paladins can just go off and die. Other then splash what role do paladin's have that can not be done better by a SK or extra war? At least the devs were kind enough to make the counters on raid debuffs to need a twin cast from a paladin splash so raids could justify having more then one paladin.
    Vumad likes this.
  11. ShadowMan Augur

The greatest paladin expansion ever and people like you still find reasons to complain. Paladins are running around as a rogue-warrior-cleric-enchanter all in one currently and youre here complaining. They can out dps many classes and have access to the exact same slow and passive bash stuns that shadow knights have plus their on demand stuns land on most stuff now. Woah is the pally.
    Vumad and Annastasya like this.
  12. Litefighter Lorekeeper

Clearly people love Shadowknights and take offense quickly. I never said anything about a nerf. I am just stating facts. If the truth bothers you, then you should deal with it.

Presence of Fear is a passive stun 30% chance per swing. This is not a bash stun. There is no spell to cast.There is no interrupt. The aa description seizes your target with fear leaving them unable to react for X seconds. Yep sounds like works same way as a stun.

Not sure what your rog/ war/cler/ enc comment is. But when a SK can SOLO group missions and no other class can. Why even worry about someone stating facts? SK are in the best place.
  13. ShadowMan Augur

The facts are this is the greatest paladin expansion ever. 95% of content is Undead.

Presence of Fear is a defensive proc, if the mob is super slowed or already stunned it doesn't do much. Helpful at times for sure but turn it off and see how much bash stuns are locking mobs up. The same bash stun you have and then have on demand stuns to use. Paladins are capable of pretty much stun locking any undead mob, without relying on a 30% defensive proc for 2s.

You tank like a warrior, you heal like a cleric including cures, you dps as well as a rogue and bring some nasty on demand stun power like an enchanter to undead. Raid paladins are solo'ing the same group mission and then run as group tank, another dps class and the healer for the rest no problem.

This is the greatest paladin expansion ever and you're complaining.
  14. Litefighter Lorekeeper

I would like to see proof a paladin can solo a ToV group mission. Prove your statement.

Parses show SK healing as well as live clerics, paladin are no where near. Even if you throw in LoH, GoL, HoP and reflex for fluff still heal for less. You are obviously not paying attention... currently knights are at a dps cap (melee) because of weapon ratio's. Effects both, yep. Slays are effected as well. Any dps class not doing more dps then a paladin is not worth their weight in salt. A mob being undead ONLY gives Paladin's a small dps increase and we can use one more nuke. It benefits SK, Necro and Cleric as well. Every other class a mob is a mob. Doesn't matter live, undead or summoned. Seems like you are complaining ... OMG a paladin is making a point! We can't have that QQ. Paladin ability to stun and heal have diminished this expansion. It is a fact.

No class tanks like a warrior... unless they are a warrior. Priest classes have their own strengths and place in a raid. Each is more suited to a group make up. An SK does not need a healer to complete a group mission that EVERY other class in the game needs. There are live mobs in ToV, and if you want to better your toon you need to kill some. Required for various tasks. Just because we have a year that has a majority of mobs undead does not mean that my point is mute next exp will have 0 undead more then likely. Dev's need time to identify, discuss, come up with possible solutions, identify best solution and make changes. This is the reason I am bringing it up now. Instead of waiting till BETA when most likely they have more important stuff to do then worry about the paladin in the basement because we get no love. SK get stuns... paladins lose stuns. Seem balanced to you?
  15. ShadowMan Augur

You obviously have zero clue about what paladins are capable of in terms of healing, dps and stun locking undead mobs.

I know 2 raid paladins that do it everyday so I don't have to prove anything.

You came here complaining about stuff as if its unique to one class when in fact your class is able to do the exact same things albeit with different tools. No one including yourself was talking about 9 months or a year down the road until you pivoted to that point after the fact.
  16. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

My pet peeve is reading others bicker back and forth when it should be in PM's. ^

My real pet peeve is the lack of support. When reporting players causing issues in various ways, the next day they still are doing it.
    I like the fact players get a second chance, but are those violators even warned? The situation goes to 12 petitions with proper proof and yet they still do the nasty.
    Something is wrong.

My other pet peeve is the lack of support on your account. Better guarantee for back up on character in case of loss.
  17. Ayeam New Member

i know why this is BUT

my pet peeve is if i am using an other than default UI, i have to keep checking to update it, and then remember how and where to get some of the pieces. (i still like them tho)

almost forgot

no server forums
  18. enclee Augur

People arguing about things in the game that existed 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago. Just stop, your memory isn't that good.
  19. Flatchy Court Jester

People who try to better their class at the expense of others. Git Gud at asking for things.
  20. Ravanta Suffer Augur