[Poll] How many chars would you box on a Non-Truebox Classic TLP Server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Everquester12, Feb 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everquester12 New Member

POLL HERE
    https://strawpoll.com/4ga9hk46

Would a non true-box sever be crowded with Mage-bot armies, or just casual people boxing a duo team?
    Assume that each box character would require it's own All Access Subscription!
  2. Tymeless Augur

i'd probably 4-6 box depending on my mood. That being said i'd have no intention of raiding and would only be there to farm krono for my main server.
  3. Master Kahleem Augur

Probably 11?
    1 OOG Wizard
    1 OOG Druid
    3 OOG Mages for added damage assistance that my 6box uses to clear faster
    Normal 6box
  4. Tedd New Member

Non-truebox? Absolutely 0.
    PVPme likes this.
  5. PVPme Augur

Maybe if it came with the third party hacks built in, but still probably not :D
  6. Runes Augur

I plan to level a toon to 50 or 60 depending how they launch the new server and then level up a second toon and two box from there.
  7. eqzekisdead Augur

I was never really into boxing before. Playing 12mages at once on magefire was a whole new eq experience for me. I loved it, I loved the power. I had never dreamed of playing so many accounts at once but the krono just kept pouring in I didn't know what else to use it on except adding more accounts.
  8. Funky Augur

be careful.... polls aren't allowed

9. Everquester12 New Member

Guess I'll accept my ban :(

Was hoping to get some good discussion going because I've never played on a non true-box server and it seems like one of the most likely TLP servers to be announced next week.

So far the majority of people have indicated that they would box a full group or more on this type of server. EQ is such a group orientated game, I don't think boxing a whole group on my own would be that fun personally. Are there lots of people grouping together on box servers? What do guild and raids look like?
  10. Alakshak Journeyman

Non-Truebox would probably not be ideal for someone who does not want to at least box 2-3. That being said a lot of raid encounters have mechanics that make boxing an absolute pain unless using "other tools". So raids usually limit the amount of boxing by virtue of annoyance and boxing having massive diminishing returns the deeper into expansions you get (more complex mechanics).

Because it's been so long since a non-truebox server has been attempted I have no idea what the LFG/PuG scene would look like. You may find plenty of other people who just play one or two. But generally speaking if you are not the boxing type I would honestly stay away. If no truebox server comes out this year I think you'd have a better time catching up on Mangler than trying to solo box on a new non-truebox.

Just my opinion.
    PVPme likes this.
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

Polls are definitely not allowed so I am going to be locking the thread, but there is no need for a ban.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.