How about today?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by topple, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Alakshak Journeyman

Unexpected things may come up and push back release dates. Also if there are doing something "different" they may be working out technical issues. Why back yourself into a corner saying "Server X" and "Server Y" will be coming in March sometime when they don't know for sure it's possible? Plus lets not ignore the business reasons for drumming hype by stringing people along for a bit.
  2. Pikles Journeyman

Great points! And they just started Darkpaw so this will be their first real launch within the new company.

It would be a matter of discussion to do it differently, if this next TLP is done right, it could fund them for a while. Or it could set them off on a bad foot. I think the 20th anniversary TLP's were more important to put on a date that is or near the actual release. This year I would rather they delay a release by a month or two and make sure it's done better.

We all know EQ TLP releases can be nightmares from a support perspective, so they are probably trying to prepare themselves for the onslaught!
  3. Silver-Crow Augur

I suspect much of the delay is because DPG are a new company, so have to plan their roadmap for the forseeable future. While i don't doubt there's a TLP in the pipeline, there's quite alot needing thought about first.

- What are you going to do with all the historical TLP's that are on life support. Do we just roll them up and merge them into Fippy or Phinny when the reach a certain age. It costs money to run servers, so something has to be done to tidy up the smoking ruins of the old servers once most players have moved off them.
    - Rulesets - What is going to bring players back... fv, pvp, beasts/zerks at launch, truebox/no truebox... TSS start... who knows.
    - Before a new TLP launches, what will be done to police the server to disuade hacks, cheats, box armies and general a$$hattery. This is a big one, as it's been getting worse and worse with every new TLP.

While it's easy to say yeah... open a new server, there's an awful lot of background stuff to think about first.
  4. Stagentti Augur

Also probably trying to avoid what happened when the initial rulesets for Mangler and Selo came out.
  5. Hinastorm86 Augur

Man, I almost completely forgot about the initial mangler announcement fiasco.

Really make you think they should do some sort of polling before coming up with server ideas.
    Stagentti and StinkBot like this.
  6. dreamweaver Community Manager

A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
    Risiko, code-zero, Fraggly and 4 others like this.
  7. Thewiz Augur

One does not simply just walk into next week, sir.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel and dreamweaver like this.
  8. Master Kahleem Augur

Next Friday confirmed announcement ;) .

Also, off-topic question, is DarkPaw's teams changing how they do work? Are they going to move towards a more agile, sprint based, approach to work moving forward? I just got out of my own team's weekly team meeting, and it reminded me that DBG was probably doing the old and ancient Waterfall method of development.

New name gives room for teams to plan/act differently moving forward :)

On-Topic: Dream is most likely having to wait for specific internal meetings/decisions as to what direction things will go, or final touches to plans for this year to become official internally that Dream will then take and form into an official community announcement.
    dreamweaver likes this.
  9. Eetra Journeyman

Your killing me smalls.
  10. dreamweaver Community Manager

Since I won't be able to say no on Saturday and Sunday do you want to get those "no(s)" out of the way now or later?
  11. Thewiz Augur

I already know that you can't comment on the weekend on thus subject. So, I will continue on Monday. Have a great weekend
    dreamweaver likes this.
  12. dreamweaver Community Manager

You too! hope you get lots of play time in :)
    Thewiz likes this.
  13. Stagentti Augur

I kinda figured that was the whole point of the non true box thread

Guess we will find out soon.
  14. Stagentti Augur

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.
    Pikles likes this.
  15. dreamweaver Community Manager

How. Dare. You. My commitment is absolute.
    Stagentti likes this.
  16. Angered Augur

Guess the wood elves mean nothing to you! BLOOD = YOUR HANDS
  17. Runes Augur

Well the good news is that Dreamweaver can only hold us hostage on the news for another eight days or else Dream becomes a " lying dog-faced pony soldier". Ya Ok even a bit buzzed I didn't understand this from Biden's mouth but I'm going with it!
  18. modsiw Augur

I suspect the server will be announced when Dreamweaver runs out of creative answers to "Today? Yes?"
    Thewiz likes this.
  19. dreamweaver Community Manager

I'm don't think it's gonna be that long. I have at least 250 more "unique" answers. I might have more... but that's off the top of my head.
    Fraggly, Thewiz and PVPme like this.
  20. Thewiz Augur

Rest assured all, I will not deviate from my daily unique question.
    Fraggly, PVPme and dreamweaver like this.