Is this a bug? - no AA from Rose Petal Nimbus

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skuz, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Item from DBC Store: Rose Petal Nimbus

On the item it says that:

"You are surrounded by rose petals.Activating this item will unlock a passive alternate advancement ability that will increase the chance of your dodge succeeding by 1%"

It has a buff with timer that also says the above, yet no AA was granted.

My suspicion is that this item's Dodge chance bonus is on the same AA line as the Myrmidon's Skill which is usually found on shoulder slot items Level 90+

Anybody know for sure?

If it is on the same line as the Myrmidon Skill AA then this is a bit of a misleading description as you would have no way to know this issue from the description & I'm not too chuffed having spent out for an essentially worthless item.

Going to petition for a Refund in any case.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Yes, that's the same line. Yes, all available item abilities are listed on the special aa tab, even if you have rank 0, so: since there was no separate line for dodge beyond what you already have, that should wrap that up.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

What is the basis of your petition? Your lack of understanding of what the item does led you to not realize you had something better already so it didn't do anything?

Hope you get a sympathetic person, because you have zero justification for a refund.
    Zaray likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

My justification is there is nothing on the item saying it is on the same line as an existing aa, but thanks for your condescending response.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  5. Zamiam Augur

Scam its all a scam lol
    DING !! hold on popcorn done .. brb
  6. Bamboompow Augur

What stacks and doesn't stack is a confusing mess for most people. Especially if the item has a unique effect. You should not have to go do research on 3rd party/fan sites/spell parsing sites etc to know if what your are getting from the DBG store is going to cause conflicts. Most of it is after all just fluff and some of those sites are not well maintained to boot. EQ compared to most any other game is astronomically complicated, so don't be a jerk to those who don't know every nuance. This is more the game design's fault than Skuz.

Anyway, hopefully you got that nimbus with free monthly daybreak bucks. If they say "no" that means you are not out actual money.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

There are some of those clicky AA that actually change their name as you progress the AA.

For example, Firefist (0/3) changes and becomes Aura of Rage (3/3). I can see how that would be totally confusing to new players or people that just aren't aware that they can change.
  8. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

See, I've been in this game since 2002-ish and didn't know that about that ability. Cheers.