Diamondized Precious Velium Ore (type 19 aug raid drop)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kontra, Jan 27, 2020.

1. svann Augur

Here is what he said about failing and losing the ROS raid diamond:
    And to clarify, in ROS you used 2 raid diamond. One to make what was essentially the "muhbis" and then one to make the final product. There was a chance to fail on the 1st combine and lose a raid diamond. Not here to argue semantics, but that is what he said.

Bottom line: dont buy TS potions for anything except skilling up.
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

Can someone explain to me a reason for why this was created? The only reason I can think of adding code that has this alt fail is to scam people out of their money and have them still fail from the TS potion.
  3. Xyphen Maximum Augur

The only reason Ngreth is saying this BS about partially successful vs alt fail combines is to save face from a clearly poor design. If they admit there is an issue with the potion or the design then they have to implement a fix, apply the correct verbiage to the potion and tradeskills and possibly issue retroactive refunds for the potions.

This entire tradeskill line begs for Draughts. The 7th earring has 8 straight 400+ combines, followed by an entire mission which rewards an item that can be lost in a combine (which itself 530 trivial). They know, and everyone knows, that no one would pay $22-25 to get a couple of diamonds worth $5k back from a rare/ultra rare combine.

And honestly, who cares what Ngreth's response is? The best case scenario is a mediocre excuse, and he doesn't issue refunds to begin with.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

Alls i know about tsing.. is si.ple.

Every time i ever try to ts anything i get a potion. Ive personally never see any thing other then a fail or succeed. Ive never failed with a potion running and never got my ts stuff back. Guess im just lucky. And thats what i was speakimg about my personal experiences in trade skilling.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

But yeah feel free to tell me what i dont know or understand about my own personal observations on trade skilling haha.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Guess ijist like to live dangerously then.. cause ill continue to buy tjen for any time i need to TS any thing.
  7. Natal Augur

Percentage chance in EQ is not the same as what you understand percentage chance to be in the real world. It depends on what the actual algorithm used is.

The percentage is applied to some range within set limits, something like success roll = % - 1. So, your 100% chance is actually (100 - 1)%, or 99%, where the "1" is some fixed value that establishes the limits. It is done that way so there is always a small possibility to succeed or fail, no matter what the odds in a roll are.

In any case, these potions have always worked like that, it is nothing new.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Still .. waiting to see litigation in action..

WHERE ARE YOU SENATORS ! !

THIS IS OUTRAGOUS !!

BRING ON The Supreme Court of the United States !!!!

I WANT TO SEE THIS HAPPEN ..

Else if you 1 of the losers who claimed to bring senators or legal action.. You suck for teasing it .. an not being man enough to actually DO THAT ..
  9. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

And yet, the average EQ player shouldn't need to be a data scientist to know what they're spending money on because the potion's description should CLEARLY articulate what the rules are. Few of us give a crap about the "algorithms."
    Yinla and Whulfgar like this.
  10. enclee Augur

No, you can’t market something as 100% and then blame your customer for not knowing it’s not 100%. Stop defending bad business practices, it’s how we end up with an expansion that has no content like ToV.
    Yinla, svann and Whulfgar like this.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Said it once.. I'll say it again.. this is why I do not TS..

And after all this thread has shown.. I for one hope they never EVER .. have Trade Skilled items as the best in slot items again (Grp or raid).

But I won't hold my breath on that..
  12. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

You don't TS because it's hard and there's a chance of failure? ;-)

Seems like there's a metaphor for life somewhere in there... carpe diem or some bs.
  13. Cloud the Third Augur

I have trade skilled since I first started playing back in the day. I completely agree that best in slot should never require you to do trade skills (1 or 2 best in slot is fine, the earring quest is fine but you should not have to do it to get the new 18 / 19 augs). Back in the day in early expansions trade skills were required to make raid gear but you didn't have to do the trade skills yourself. They should go back to that model where you had to buy from someone who made the swatch or plate but you didn't have to make it yourself.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. svann Augur

Meh. Lost a raid diamond back in ROS and just figured thats the chance you take. Disappointing but not that much.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Losing an ingredient on a fail is one thing, loosing one with a 100% salvage potion running is another.

If the potion from the marked place isn't doing what it says on the tin something needs to change. Either scrap the partial fail mechanic, change how the ptotion works or change the descripton on the potion (so it does do what it says).
  16. svann Augur

Oh I agree 100% on the potion. Just speaking on what it would be like if we did without them. Some are acting like we NEED the potion to survive TS's. I disagree. In fact, the argument could be made that using a TS potion to guarantee no loss of valuable mats is PAY TO WIN and not good for the game.
  17. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

It's pay-for-convenience when you don't have time or DKP to sit around hoping you get another diamond. You already put in the time... how is it possibly fun to loss a diamond and have to start ALL OVER? That's not an attribute of a fun game.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The game is based on chances. Some rounds mobs miss every attack some rounds mobs will 1-round your tank. Tradeskills have random chances to fail and sometimes that means you have to obtain replacement components. It’s part of the game.

Being able to bypass the penalty of those failures by purchasing marketplace things is ridiculous. They never should’ve existed, it’s time to remove them since it’s getting confusing with partial failures and people not understanding why their easy button they paid for isn’t working.
  19. kizant Augur

The problem is that there are too many layers of chance when tradeskills are added on top of quests and raids and rare drops. Plus trade skills are terrible.
    enclee and Sancus like this.
  20. Jalelorf Augur

Seems to me the description of the potion needs to be changed or stop making these trade skill combines producing an alternate product. I can't think of one time where I wanted the alternate product on a combine which failed to produce the item I intended to make. What is the point in coding that into the game? Gee I sure hope I fail this combine because I really need a hunk of crap to make more hunks of crap? I don't get it.