EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balthen Lorekeeper

These fanatics believe the only reason it has not succeeded is because we've not tried it their way. They will never go away, they will never give up no matter how many failed servers you threw at them. It's best to battle them on the front side, every dollar or minute of wasted developer resources is something we can never recover. As Nancy Reagan so profoundly stated "Just say no" to new PVP servers.
  2. feigntrain Elder

Stop with the pvp meme already. If a new pvp server ever opened those 2 people would get real sick of killing each other in under a week.
  3. PVPme Augur

Same recycled anti-pvp post. You guys aren't even creative with your hate.

Not sure why you guys are so threaten by people wanting to play the game differently then you anyways.
  4. PVPme Augur

There was more people on red99/roz2 then on the newest TLP Miragul. If that TLP would of been PvP they would of gotten a whole new crowd of players, not just recycle the same people who are already paying and playing on a different server.

From a business stand point it would of been more successful then Miragul was hands down.

Think about it for a second too, people are wayyy more likely to buy potions and bags on a PvP server, to get an edge up, then they are on a PvE server.
  5. Balthen Lorekeeper

It has nothing to do with caring about people playing the game different. No one is criticizing your PVP server, have at it till you heart is content.

It's all about resources, they are already stretched thin. Asking them to spend the resources to make a server for very few people that will take way from working on issues that house that vast majority of players is my issue. As one of the players in the vast majority, I will lobby against that. The needs of the many out weight the needs of the few...
  6. PVPme Augur

They've already wasted resources by releasing Miragul. A server that during the day has less then 50 players on it, majority of which are all sitting AFK. Clearly they are willing to try new things to get new customers to come back and play, so not too sure you should be so worried about such things.
  7. PVPme Augur

Not to mention not a single person on these forums were asking or interested in a ruleset as Miragul and you saw how that turned out. At least with a PvP server there is proof of multiple private servers, all of which had active communities play there at one point or another. Much more then seen actively playing on Miragul.
  8. Eldorado New Member

Long time lurker, first time poster. I don't understand all of the people that are hating on the PVP Server. I don't think any of them have actively played EQ Pvp in the last 10 years. There is a sizable following for a PVP Server. Certainly more people than Miragul or several other TLP servers. I would definitely renew my subscription if they create a TLP PVP Server. I'm not interested in another Agnarr.
    PVPme likes this.
  9. feigntrain Elder

No one ever accused Miragul of being a successful server. Having one failure doesn't mean they should double down on more failed TLPs.

Selo & Miragul showed us how out of touch they are with what their player base really wants, a PVP TLP would just be another failure.
  10. PVPme Augur

Selo was actually pretty successful compared to Miragul which was a dumpster fire in my opinion. With a few changes Selo could be a great money maker. 2 months expansions unlocks instead of 1 & double loot instead of reduced lockouts.

Name it the SoW server
  11. DeseanJackson Augur

Not that it matters much, but Selo is just fine for those playing there. I think those who stuck it out probably can’t really imagine playing elsewhere because of how well it’s actually gone so far.

As for Miragul, I don’t know enough to comment but given how it was launched and when, I always kinda wondered if it was a test run for something or to have 3 TLPs hit live in somewhat close succession (Selo, Phinigel, and Miragul). Also, if the cost of keeping a server is low (which I assume it is, see Fippy), then it’s not really a failure if it made profit (which it almost certainly did).
  12. DeseanJackson Augur

I don’t know if I could do it again (no interest in pre-GoD or DoDH-PoR again, plus SoF is currently a blast outside flagging) but I think the real answer would be to customize the release schedule to take certain expansions into account. Some expansions don’t even need a month (PoR) and some would be nice with 2 (SoF).

As much as double loot might be nice, I think it’s ultimately unlikely they’ll ever go that route.
    PVPme likes this.
  13. PVPme Augur

I agree 100%. Certain expansions deserve more or less time then others.

My main point is that people claiming it'll cost too much money to make a server when they released a server no one was asking for, which also failed badly, seems to suggest other wise. It shows they are willing to try new things to get people to play the game.

There is a PvP community that has to seek private servers to find a server to call home that would all sub and give it a try. I see no reason not to give it a try at the very least, especially since these are new subs not the same recycled TLP player base.

Who knows maybe even some of the TLP player base will give it a try and enjoy all the new elements PvP brings into the game.
  14. feigntrain Elder

You know what? I'm on board. Please make a PVP server to shut these people up and we can all move on to bigger & better things.

I expect a written apology from both of you when we see how bad this server fails.
    Risiko likes this.
  15. Fraggly Augur

Ok troll, you bash any and every standard server post. Take your own advice.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'm ready to join the PvP madness now.
    Just need to test which group is easier to have fun with based on;
    1. Boxing 6 mages or 6 necros from a single machine?
    2. Can teleport anywhere
    3. Can move at bard speed
    4. Obviously I'll be using 3rd party programs and the ability to see people on a map. :p
    Ya this is going to be fun for at least for a few days if they make it.
    Risiko likes this.
  17. PVPme Augur

Are you that guy that claims hackers will ruin the PvP server, then going to the other forum to cry for a non-truebox so you can run your third party trash on lolol.
  18. Runes Augur

I am not a hardcore PvP hater but with EQ being on basically life support I want to see as much cash get to Daybreak's pockets so the game we all love stays open.

If they launch two servers, one PVE with a good ruleset and another server that is PvP, that would be totally cool.

If they do not want to spend resources to launch two servers and it's a choice of only one new TLP, making it PvP would be a tremendous mistake.

PvPers will play and buy all the pots and items on a PVE server but PVErs will NOT play on a PvP server. Also no to anyone trying to say that there will be enough new PvP subs to make up for the loss of PVE subs, you are either high or really bad in math or both if you try and fly with that argument.

8 years of PVE servers making more consistent money proves you wrong.
  19. DeseanJackson Augur

What info do you base your “life support” claim on? I see quite the opposite, an old game with a dedicated player base, where yearly expansions and monthly updates still occur. Yeah, it’s not 2001 population, but do you really expect that?
  20. Mr Blue Sky Elder

I just can't see PvP being any fun at all.

I can remember some old forum posts about cheating on the PvP servers. This was not done by bot armies, just people using the cheats.
    Chances are you wouldn't have the normal RMT crews, because the casuals will be gone after a week, and they won't have anyone to sell to.
    Instead you will have the megalomaniacs running there own guild of 1 aka 40 bots. Taking charge of Norrath and the universe.

Try it if you like, if it works well I was wrong and I will happily say so...but I won't be wrong ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.