Diamondized Precious Velium Ore (type 19 aug raid drop)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kontra, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Hinanar New Member

Heh. Look at Daybreak trying to get in on loot box randomness. Made sure the senators looking into gambling in games got a link to this thread and made sure wayback snapshotted it ;)
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

No this is different this is a message that says you pay 22$ and you have a 100% chance to get a yellow aug.... but when you do the combine you get a green aug. Now technically a green aug has yellow color in it but it isn't the yellow you were expecting so you are really pissed for wasting 22$ to get it.

Now if you go to amazon and order a yellow object and you end up getting a green object... you can get your money back for that object because it isn't what you paid for. If they don't give a refund you can take them to court.

Now if 100% salvage isn't really what this thing you paid for then they need to fix the description so people aren't wasting their money and refund everyone who paid for something different than what the description says.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

This draught will give a 100% chance to salvage components from failed tradeskill attempts for two hours. (Verbatium on the item you are talking about in station cash store this is its EXACT verbiage on its description.)

Partially successful combines are not considered fails ..

No matter how upset it makes you.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

Bring on the senators .. bring on the president .. start your guys legal actions so I can read how yall crash an burn as I sit here laughing at yall ..
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Please just delete the Draught of the Craftsman.

If they wanted combines to not have a chance to fail they would’ve made them no fail combines.

Being able to reach into your wallet and avoid the penalty of failures is nonsensical. This item never should’ve existed and should stop being sold.
  6. Sancus Augur

Four pages ago you "[couldn't] believe" people weren't buying Draughts for these combines...
    Kuvani, Whulfgar, Xeladom and 2 others like this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Most EQ players are not aware, or they forget because it is so uncommon and rare that it happens, that a TS failure can result in a secondary item. A lot of players did not consider this when they went to make their augments because, again, it just doesn't happen enough to remember.

I am sure the patch in mid March is going to have some dialogue on either the potion or the Quest augments to ensure everyone is fully aware of the situation.

Why these ores are so ridiculously rare on purpose is a whole other thread, though. The rarity is what leads to potions being bought, and players not remembering rare situations is what leads to the outrage on the past couple of pages...
    Yinla and Sancus like this.
  8. Cloud the Third Augur

I guess I was not playing during the expansion when a partial success was created because until this thread I only thought there was success and failure. They really should add in some text that this will not salvage when we create a partial success that really is a complete failure to get around this always salvaging.

Well I am just glad I had no partial successes when I used the potion cause I would be really pissed if it had not salvaged stuff. At least I know these potions are worthless and to never buy one again.
  9. Axxius Augur

Again. They are not 'partially successful', they are 'alternative failures'. ALT_FAIL. This particular combine cannot be called 'partially successful' no matter how much of an optimist you are. You 'succeed' at producing nothing. It's worse than the regular failure. It's a hard failure that blocks any chance of salvage.

I'm almost always on the Dev side in cases like that, but trying to white knight this one irks the hell out of me. There is simply no excuse for selling an item that promises 100% chance of salvage. It needs to be fixed, and the only discussion should be about how it should be fixed.
    Yinla, Xeladom, Riou and 6 others like this.
  10. Cloud the Third Augur

I like this post it is clearly showing the devs know this is a scam and can't respond to it.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Yep.. still cant..

As some 1 who dont ts much at all.. my skill level is such that i flat out fail .. i do not get partially successfull any thing for me personally its success or fail.. nothing else..

So i stand by my post.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

This issue is, the TS potion existed first. We were told that this whole thing was made specifically to ensure a hard coded floor to the component loss.

Its not good development, or customer service, IMO, but the potion itself does what it was made to do. Its the absolute hilarity and absurdity from internet lawyers that gets me.

If DPG was smart, they would allow people to petition if they bought the potion, used it, and ONLY used it for these combines, and lost their item.

If you did more combines, on other things, its kind of hard to argue that you deserve a reimbursement.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Can you provide in game any thing that its not a partial success and instead an alt fail ?

We have a dev confirmation from way back yrs ago in fact..

And i very clearly cited verbatium.. the actual words on the potion.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I don't think you quite understand what you are talking about.

You do the combine.

First check is success: If yes, stop, if no, move to second check

Second check is alt fail: if yes, return the cut velium diamond, if no, return diamondized and chance to salvage other components

No one is buying potions for this combine unless they thought it was returning the diamondized.
  15. Krool Lorekeeper

The language on the Draught needs to be changed to something along the lines of..."This draught will give a 100% chance to salvage components from completely failed tradeskill attempts for two hours. This chance to salvage effect does not apply to tradeskill attempts that result in partial failures or partial successes."

While I don't see the Draught as technically being false advertising with regard to the way the marketplace description currently reads, it definitely is a weasle way to sucker more players into buying the potions who otherwise wouldn't.

With that said, if Darkpaw is NOT going to change the language of the description, then they should recognize that a partial fail is still a fail as indicated by the "ALT_FAIL" mentioned previously in this thread and reimburse players who lost one or more Precious ores after using a Draught. Reimburse the draughts as well as the precious ores that were lost.
    -----Cinexa----- and Thraine like this.
  16. Mesil Lorekeeper

[Mon Feb 17 19:20:40 2020] You begin casting Draught of the Craftsman.
    [Mon Feb 17 19:20:47 2020] Your hands move with divine precision.

[Mon Feb 17 19:25:46 2020] Requesting matching recipes...
    [Mon Feb 17 19:26:22 2020] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Rallos Zek Acolyte's Casting Ice.
    [Mon Feb 17 19:26:43 2020] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Rallos Zek Devotee's Strategy.
    [Mon Feb 17 19:26:54 2020] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Rallos Zek Devotee's Casting Ice.
    [Mon Feb 17 19:27:03 2020] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Rallos Zek Acolyte's Stealth.
    [Mon Feb 17 19:27:18 2020] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Rallos Zek Acolyte's Enhancement.
    [Mon Feb 17 19:27:28 2020] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Rallos Zek Devotee's Stealth.
    [Mon Feb 17 19:27:47 2020] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Rallos Zek Acolyte's Strategy.
    [Mon Feb 17 19:27:54 2020] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Rallos Zek Devotee's Assault.
    [Mon Feb 17 19:28:00 2020] You lacked the skills to fashion the items together.
    [Mon Feb 17 19:28:00 2020] You failed the combine, but you managed to recover Marquise Cut Velium Diamond. It has been left in your inventory.
    [Mon Feb 17 19:28:00 2020] You failed the combine, but you managed to recover Marquise Cut Velium Diamond. It has been left in your inventory.

The last combine I attempted was the failed one, I wanted to make Rallos Zek Devotee's Enhancement: Jewelcraft Components: Diamondized Precious Velium Ore, Marquise Cut Velium Diamond(3)

Diamondized Precious Velium Ore was not recovered and lost.
  17. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Can you replace all your TBL type 18/19s with ToV stuff?
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You can use both, they seem to stack.
  19. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Yea, I plan on using all 4 +accuracy mods.... lol.... not that I expect it'll do a whole lot.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Very much possible.. as I said I don't TS much at all .. ever..

However if what you said was true about Ngrath himself statement about "partially succesful" is not a fail.. then and only then would the wording on the Drought not be a scam.

If any other thing is true .. then I'd have to agree with most other's that it kinda does feel rather scammy ..