An FV rule set discussion please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Crabman, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Crabman Augur

I am excited to hear about the new release of a TLP and what rule set it brings. I have heard a lot of back and forth about "FV rule sets" which to me the only thing that stands out is Free Trade. I personally don't want to skill up languages and such for roll playing but ok.

As for free trade starting in Classic. I personally think right now I am for it. On my main in mangler (currently in PoP for those of you who might not know) I look at my fear gear / Skyshrine armor and ToV weapons that are now rotting in my bank. I really wish I could give them to a alt / guild member or sell it on the bazaar that we now have. This recycling of gear as I replace mine is the number one reason I personally want less items to be no trade. Obviously things like epics and such should stay no trade and probably other things that I'm not thinking of but items that are raid content in an era, it would be cool to progress through a TLP with them being tradable for a go around.

I have heard people loud and clear about the huge influx of RMT with things become tradable. But how is that different than the constant selling of Looting Rights from various zones as content progresses? Selling LR and MQing quest items seem to be two ways we now, very commonly, try to get around the No Trade - trading. So why not just make it so you can do it in a trade window, PLUS adding all the easy recycling of items.

This is not a "your opinion isnt valid" topic at all but just like people voicing their opinion for PVP, I want to hear people explain the arguments for and against less no trade items in a TLP to give myself things to think about and pass the time until we do hear about a new rule set.
  2. PVPme Augur

If they don't make a PvP TLP my 2nd choice is a Free Trade server that starts in Luclin or maybeee velious at the earliest.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

reported for multiple postings. please use the sticked thread at the top of the page for this discussion.
  4. Master Kahleem Augur

Reported YOU for trolling. OP is asking for an FV Ruleset discussion sticky, which does NOT exist.
  5. Jayjayjay Lorekeeper

Your idea is like "We should approve killing people to be legal. Because there are murders everyday." With FV rule set, we will see even more dramas about items, especially for those drop in group contents, such as monk pipe.
  6. Dulu Augur

You have to ask yourself, "What is NO TRADE supposed to accomplish?"

It's supposed to make it so that people have to go, adventure, and obtain the item themselves.

Does it accomplish this single task it is meant to achieve?

I'd argue no. People can just bypass it by and Loot Reservation.

What then, will the side effects be on the economy? Nothing long term. It will simply introduce new commodities into the economy that can be bought outright instead of purchased via more dubious means.

Also, why not both? Have a PvP server with a FV loot system. Everyone wins. Except the super-haters. But they always lose.
  7. Fraggly Augur

FV would be interesting. I think it would push the newest BOT software to a whole new level though so be careful what you wish for. The Krono sales on a FV TLP would probably be absolutely insane.
  8. Stagentti Augur

Why? Raid gear is generally the best and the market will be flooded due to open world picks and leftovers from guild raids.

Plus stuff one expac old which is still good will flood the market.
  9. Stagentti Augur

Why would there be more drama in groups?

A lot of what people fight over now, especially early xpacs, won't be as sought after due to raid gear flooding the market.

Some items will be worse but a lot more will be better.
  10. PVPme Augur

If you're against free trade loot rules you're just a broke hater. Plain and simple. It'll be the most popular TLP they've had hands down and would last well past PoP.
    Thalliius likes this.
  11. Zansobar Augur

Getting rid of NO TRADE items will improve the economy vastly and push DOWN prices. Why? Because it increases the supply of items into the economy. The economy is only composed of items that can be tradeable.

The OP illustrates one point - that once your main gets items and out grows them you can then either sell them or pass them to an alt - negating the need to waste time doing the same content over again for each alt as you level up. Currently those items get destroyed to free up inventory/bank space.

The devil is in the details - I'm not sure how widespread the elimination of the NO TRADE tag is on the FV server and I assume an FV style TLP would use the exact same mechanism, but I really hope they would just eliminate all NO TRADE items completely on the server, including epic items. This would just make things run much more smoothly for people trying to get things done in game. Epic quests still need to be completed but being able to buy some items instead of get them all yourself will speed the process and it could also help eliminate some of those bottlenecks as those items could be bought.
  12. DeseanJackson Augur

No thanks, not about that life. Free trade loot isn’t my cup of tea, It feels against the spirit of the game to me.
  13. Vhayne Journeyman

I'll throw in my opinion. I've always been a curious supporter of the FV Trade (no, no-drop items). I think it will be exciting to have so much more to shop for in the Tunnel, and make alts become infinitely more fun.

However, there are 2 negatives that pop into my head when thinking about it:

1. In previous TLP's, my friends and I worked hard at obtaining epic pieces and planar gear. It has created some incredible memories. With FV rules, this might not happen again, as some/all of us will just purchase what we want/need. Leading to a lot less satisfaction.

2. The Krono farmers will undoubtedly be 24/7 camping ALL of the sought after items...WAAAAY more so than with normal loot rules. Someone mentioned the monk pipes - yeah, good luck ever getting a group/camp for those things. Just like Efreeti boots, normal people will never have their own chance....forcing them to RMT to obtain.

So yeah, pros and cons. Huge on both sides. I'd play on it, however. :)
  14. Stagentti Augur

For #1 - that's a hard one to reply to without coming off wrong. But it really is a personal problem you can avoid by not doing it.

For #2 - all the sought after items won't be camped 24/7 because for the most part raid gear is better than group gear. RMT folks can lock down open world but they can't lock down instances. Groups can pop an instance, every single guild will do so like they already do except now gear people already have won't rot. The market will be flooded with raid gear, driving prices down, and there's nothing RMT folks can do about it.

Plus raid gear 1 or 2 expacs old will still be sought after driving prices down further. You can still easily sell old raid gear on FV.
  15. PVPme Augur

Yeah, people don't already sell epic 's or anything, right? ... People always overreact on this forum. People already sell raid loot items and many of things that are all no-drop.

This server would be infinitely more fun to play imo then the past TLPs & make items that are normally trash teir, early planar loot for instance, actually become valuable items for new players/alts.

A server like this would actually make farming money fun again. To be able to get certain items to sell that usually dont & see new camps instead of just getting enough plat to buy 1 krono for the month.

This would also make items like efreeti boots way less camped since their will be many other valuable to camp to select from. Not just the same 1 or 2 valuable camp spots like we currently have since majority of other items are no-trade.
    Thalliius and Dulu like this.
  16. Stagentti Augur

Being able to make a new toon way after the server launches (whether new player or alt) and buy 1 or 2 expac old raid gear, is a big reason FV is so popular.

If you start on Phinny today it'll be a lot tougher so many expacs in vs if you could start today and buy someone's old raid gear.
    PVPme likes this.
  17. curious2 Lorekeeper

if they would commit to policing an FV server, i would be all for it. otherwise the sheer number of bots for loot they cannot normally acquire and sell, will just make it not fun. i'd much rather see a server that just gave us all flags to eliminate the toxicity around flagging. to me, that would be a lot more fun and omg, alt friendly. they would sell bags and potions galore for alts that can all zone into VP/VT/POP
    Dulu likes this.
  18. Everquester12 New Member

Can someone just clarify a couple things about what FV 'open loot' rules would look like a TLP?

1) Are Classic quest rewards like Testament of Vanear now tradeable?
    2) Would Velious Halls of Testing armor drops (pre-turn in) now be tradeable? Would the final armor (after turn-ins) be tradeable?
    2) Epics are still no-trade right?
    3) Would epic quest pieces (IE Trak Gut for bard epic) now be tradeable?

Personally I don't think the RMT / boxer situation could get any worse than it already is, so I'm not worried about FV loot rules affecting that. This will just move where the botters are and bring down the price on a lot of good gear IE: more affordable for casuals.

I think the people who will benefit most from this is regular players who are in raiding guilds. Now every time you get a piece of loot you can either give a hand-me-down to an alt, or sell it for plat/krono to keep your subscription up. Sounds like a win-win to me.
  19. curious2 Lorekeeper

well, botters warp to open world targets and can now just easily sell the free trade loot
    as far as selling their instance loot, i dont care, but they will come in droves to camp normally no drop items in the open world camps. the pro is you will be able to buy the items they are selling, the con is you will have a more difficult time trying to find a camp

if they made a concerted effort to police the botters, it would be fine, but that cost time and money
  20. PVPme Augur

By FV, people mainly mean Free-Trade server aka most items are tradeable with a few exceptions (epics, few quest items)

1) Yes, tradeable
    2) Yes, both the made and quest items are tradeable.
    3) Correct, epis are no-trade
    4) Trak guts would be no-trade

I agree casuals would benefit the most but it also gives so much more for everyone to farm and not just waste items. Making alts would also be insanely more fun, especially compared to the current meta of boring AE PLing to rush to the end game to get loot.