Question regarding live xp rates

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Koggar.Bertoxxulous, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

I know whenever a server hits TSS, it matches live xp rates from there on out. My question is, does live xp get retooled every so often? Like, when Torment of Velious came out and raised the cap to 115, were xp rates from 1-110 reworked to make all of those levels faster, so when Mangler hits TSS its xp rate would be considerably higher than, say, Phinny when it hit TSS?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I don't believe prior level xp rates are adjusted for new level caps, but I also have never tested it extensively.

PLing a character from 1-50 on Live seems to take me about the same amount of mobs in 2019 as it did in 2014.
  3. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

Odd, it seems like if the level cap is raised to, say, 115, then at the very least 105-110 would be sped up a bit because that's no longer end game, but what do I know?
  4. Coppercoz Augur

I don't think xp rate has changed post TSS either, which makes catching up from 75-100 painful on TLPs until HA's become a thing in CotF.
  5. Dahaman Augur

No, the XP gained per mob does not get retooled after TSS. It remains static.

That said, XP does continuously flow faster due to the potential of equipment upgrades and AAs that become available. Example: You'll kill more mobs in less time with with SOF era gear/AAs vs. TSS era gear/AAs. Likewise, with level 115 TOV expansion gear/AA potential, you'll be able to kill more mobs vs. 105 expansion era gear/AAs.

This doesn't help leveling faster on Mangler in TSS as the higher equipment and AAs won't be available yet. However, when Mangler hits SOF, the leveling process will be faster than it was in TSS.